Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Lois has plenty to do in the movie. Lois investigating the Fortress of Solitude looks fun. An Alien/Prometheus vibe waving the torch around in the darkness.

Seems like Lois has plenty to do in the movie. Lois investigating the Fortress of Solitude looks fun. An Alien/Prometheus vibe waving the torch around in the darkness.

I'm really looking forward to this part of the film, seeing Lois in the field as an investigative reporter.

AMY ADAMS INTERVIEW:
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/man-of-steel/interview-amy-adams

Hmm, interesting. If you go to the 50-56 Second mark, she mentions on how...

Lois changes and develops as a character through her experiences with Clark. Now I could be looking way too deep into it.lol, but assuming if my senses are accurate with this, it seems like this is further indication that Lois knows that Clark and Superman are one in the same since if Lois didn't know who Superman was then she'd probably would have said "Superman" instead of "Clark" when describing about Lois's journey and experiences.

Allure behind the scenes:

normal_bts-023.jpg
normal_bts-028.jpg
normal_bts-063.jpg

tumblr_mnqoq0N2ql1rei3gfo1_500_zps75337301.gif

If this isn't the best onscreen relationship in a superhero movie I won't know what is.

AMY ADAMS INTERVIEW:
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/man-of-steel/interview-amy-adams

Hmm, interesting. If you go to the 50-56 Second mark, she mentions on how...

Lois changes and develops as a character through her experiences with Clark. Now I could be looking way too deep into it.lol, but assuming if my senses are accurate with this, it seems like this is further indication that Lois knows that Clark and Superman are one in the same since if Lois didn't know who Superman was then she'd probably would have said "Superman" instead of "Clark" when describing about Lois's journey and experiences.

Excellent point.

Honestly, I didn't even notice the "Clark" thing and I assumed the same thing from that interview. For me, it was the way Amy described Lois's character arc, about how she becomes more well-rounded and human after being introduced as someone who has a singular focus on one thing, telling the truth. She doesn't understand why there should be secrets, but her experiences with "Clark" make her grow. To me, that response was extremely spoilerific. I interpreted it as her pretty much coming out and saying that Lois know who Superman is and was originally dead set on exposing Clark to the world in accordance with her ideals as a journalist, but that her interaction with Superman changes her mind. That for Clark to be Superman and to protect the ones he loves and for his own sanity, he needs his secret kept and, in the end, she drops the idea of pushing a story exposing who he is.

Excellent point.

Honestly, I didn't even notice the "Clark" thing and I assumed the same thing from that interview. For me, it was the way Amy described Lois's character arc, about how she becomes more well-rounded and human after being introduced as someone who has a singular focus on one thing, telling the truth. She doesn't understand why there should be secrets, but her experiences with "Clark" make her grow. To me, that response was extremely spoilerific. I interpreted it as her pretty much coming out and saying that Lois know who Superman is and was originally dead set on exposing Clark to the world in accordance with her ideals as a journalist, but that her interaction with Superman changes her mind. That for Clark to be Superman and to protect the ones he loves and for his own sanity, he needs his secret kept and, in the end, she drops the idea of pushing a story exposing who he is.

Indeed. I wonder if we can expect some antagonism between the two when they first meet each other considering that Clark is trying to keep his abilities a secret while Lois is trying to get and expose the truth. To see all of that turn into mutual admiration to potential love should be one interesting development to see unfold on the big screen.

Excellent point.

Exactly. Makes me skeptical of the reviews saying the female characters are underdeveloped. Plus the Bechdel test is a ridiculous metric in a Superman origin film. What else is everyone going to be talking about when a man arrives who can fly?

Exactly. Makes me skeptical of the reviews saying the female characters are underdeveloped. Plus the Bechdel test is a ridiculous metric in a Superman origin film. What else is everyone going to be talking about when a man arrives who can fly?

Well, the Bechdel test has its limits and depends on how people interpret it. Would Lois and Jenny talking about Superman and Lois' story about this mysterious saviour with superhuman abilities qualify as passing the test or not? In the most basic sense, they are talking about "a man", but in essence they are talking about their careers and presumably not about Superman in a romantic fashion.

I just hope that Amy Adams can portray the aggressively inquisitive journalist that Lois Lane has always been as a character. She isn't the Daily Planet's star reporter for nothing. Amy Adams can't do any worse than the miscast Kate Bosworth.

I just hope that Amy Adams can portray the aggressively inquisitive journalist that Lois Lane has always been as a character. She isn't the Daily Planet's star reporter for nothing. Amy Adams can't do any worse than the miscast Kate Bosworth.

Seriously? You drop in the say that of all things now? Have you not seen The Fighter or watched this recent featurette (discussion of Lois starts around 9:00):

[YT]cXr_WuA7iNg[/YT]

I mean this Amy Adams we are talking about. She has had numerous Oscar nominations for a reason. One of which for a feisty, spunky character who stands up for what she believes.

Seriously? You drop in the say that of all things now? Have you not seen The Fighter or watched this recent featurette (discussion of Lois starts around 9:00):

[YT]cXr_WuA7iNg[/YT]

I mean this Amy Adams we are talking about. She has had numerous Oscar nominations for a reason. One of which for a feisty, spunky character who stands up for what she believes.

Well said, Sir. Well said.

I have a strong feeling this isn't going to be a problem for Amy...

Man of Steel Publicity Special
screencaps (Lois Lane)

Where can we talk about how gorgeous Diane Lane is in this movie?

Sticking to the topic, I think one of the more interesting parts of this movie would be the conversation between Martha and Lois.

Thank you RussiaNet

I think this confirms those are 2 different outfits
02062013200855.png

02062013201026.png

I'm really looking forward the Lois/Perry dynamic

tumblr_mns0hz6OAS1qeyjtso1_250.png
tumblr_mns0hz6OAS1qeyjtso3_250.gif

tumblr_mns0hz6OAS1qeyjtso4_250.gif
tumblr_mns0hz6OAS1qeyjtso2_250.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread