Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman Returns managed to make me hate the ending of Superman II even more. so many things wrong with that ending.

I just rewatched Superman II weeks ago on cable...it was a good movie but it had a lot of plotholes, I realized.

C'mon guys buck up, at least you have all those interviews with Amy going gaga over Henry.

Yeah...I hope her little crush doesn't wane until the next sequel's promos cause it makes for some good entertainment haha :woot: Their interviews can be a little too serious esp with Henry.. he loosens up more if he's with someone else.

tumblr_mp0k77f3e41qbjy8co1_500.png

Ahahah, cute!:hrt:

Wish there were more of these.

Yep Yep.

And honestly, IF Lois were allowed to conceive and give birth to Clark's child at the VERY END of the franchise, it would give credence to what Jor-el said about Clark being the perfect balance between humans and Kryptons.

Yeah that's a good way to validate the whole point of the Superman's story. Although I did read here from a poster of an idea that she will indeed give birth to his kid but then Supes will die too in the end. It's a possible route that this reboot can take since it's serious and darker but at the same time you have Clark's kid that symbolizes hope

But I don't want Superman to die though..:huh:

Yeah that's a good way to validate the whole point of the Superman's story. Although I did read here from a poster of an idea that she will indeed give birth to his kid but then Supes will die too in the end. It's a possible route that this reboot can take since it's serious and darker but at the same time you have Clark's kid that symbolizes hope

But I don't want Superman to die though..:huh:

If they won't kill off someone like Batman, then I doubt that they'll do so with Superman.

Characters like Flash or Green Lantern however within this DC Universe...not so sure about them.lol

I don't ever want Superman to die, unless it's done 'Death and Return of Superman' style.

As for Clois kids, I am all for it! I personally never had a problem Lois having Superman's kid in SR. A Clois engagement/wedding by the end of a trilogy would be enough for me, though.

Superman Returns managed to make me hate the ending of Superman II even more. so many things wrong with that ending.

Superman Returns is great at inspiring hatred. It makes me hate everyone in the world, just a little bit. And anyone elsewhere in the universe. And life. And death. And puppies. And cats.

Well, I hate cats anyway, so that one doesn't count.

Superman Returns is great at inspiring hatred. It makes me hate everyone in the world, just a little bit. And anyone elsewhere in the universe. And life. And death. And puppies. And cats.

:funny:

Well, Superman II will always be one of my favorite films and Chris and Margot will always have a place in my superman-loving heart, but damn what he did to Lois (sleeping with her, then erasing her memories ) and all his "I never lie, Lois" crap was terrible. Superman Returns being a 'sequel' to Superman II carried all those things to its narrative too.

I'm so glad for this new dynamic. :up:

I think what made this new take on the relationship even better is that we were given more solid reasons to believe as to why these two would fall in love with each other and that it wasn't a love at first sight or schoolgirl crush that was fueling their feelings for each other.

I think what made this new take on the relationship even better is that we were given more solid reasons to believe as to why these two would fall in love with each other and that it wasn't a love at first sight or schoolgirl crush that was fueling their feelings for each other.

THIS.....:hrt::applaud

Well, I hate cats anyway, so that one doesn't count.

I'm definitely going to quote this in the future. :funny:

And I agree with Margot Kidder about how great Adams' Lois was and that she should've had more screentime.

I'm definitely going to quote this in the future. :funny:

And I agree with Margot Kidder about how great Adams' Lois was and that she should've had more screentime.
i thought the screen time of Adam's Lois in MOS is much more than Kidder's Lois in STM

i thought the screen time of Adam's Lois in MOS is much more than Kidder's Lois in STM

It felt like it. But I think what Kidder was saying that her performance was amazing and wish they had more time focusing on her, but loved her portrayal for the time she was in there. Well, the sequel will definitely put more emphasis on the Clark/Lois relationship. :yay:

It felt like it. But I think what Kidder was saying that her performance was amazing and wish they had more time focusing on her, but loved her portrayal for the time she was in there. Well, the sequel will definitely put more emphasis on the Clark/Lois relationship. :yay:
approved. the romance part is always a strong crowd-drawer in any movies.

approved. the romance part is always a strong crowd-drawer in any movies.

I think it also helps that Cavil is gaining quite a large female fan base alone and that Amy Adams is already well liked by the GA as well, so put those two together with their chemistry and a well written romance arc for the sequel and you'll already get quite a few people hooked on it.

Like most of you, I'm all for more romance in MOS2. :atp: Hope Goyer and Snyder can pull it off... they've never done a movie with strong romance plot I think? CMIIW. They've done very good job in MOS though, the way they handle Lois & Clark relationship maturely and realistically... leaving viewers like us wanting for more romance in the sequel. :woot:

Like most of you, I'm all for more romance in MOS2. :atp: Hope Goyer and Snyder can pull it off... they've never done a movie with strong romance plot I think? CMIIW. They've done very good job in MOS though, the way they handle Lois & Clark relationship maturely and realistically... leaving viewers like us wanting for more romance in the sequel. :woot:

Count me in to a better romance between Lois and Clark for MoS 2. But I kinda hope Goyer would have a co-writer. Any chance Chris Nolan would do it? heh :oldrazz:

What's a realistic date for the sequel to start shooting anyway?

"You know they say it's all downhill after the first kiss"
"I'm pretty sure that only counts if you're kissing a human"
:hehe:

I don't think Goyer has ever written a true love story and I think he's going to have to ask for help and acknowledge that he might be outside of his territory on this one.

It's particularly challenging because the Lois and Clark love story has been done very, very well before. It's the baggage of a 75 year old story. It's WONDERFUL bc the history is incredible but that also means you cannot put in a half baked attempt.

It's also about understanding that Superman is always about a dual identity and BALANCE even if Lois already knows WHO he is. He still should have slightly different interactions with her in the glasses and as Superman. It's a very tough balance that so many writers get wrong.

But when people get it right....it's so beautiful.

So personally, I'd like to Goyer to acknowledge that maybe this is NOT his strong suit and get some help.

Ironically, the person who COULD help him on this is Geoff Johns. Johns did not do a good job with the Green Lantern movie and he's done a pretty crappy job writing the Superman/WW thing right now in Justice League. But frankly, Johns has ALWAYS understood Lois and Clark (which to be honest is why I think he's struggling to write Superman with Wonder Woman. Johns is a notorious Lois/Clark shipper and it shows in the half-assed job he's putting into JL right now.)

Johns has many flaws but he is a wonderful Lois and Clark writer.

Lol:oldrazz: Yeah those lines were really cheesy. In the comics, is the romance between Lois and Clark written well?

Except that....Clark is cheesy. That's kind of who he is. He's an over the top, old fashioned romantic. It's totally in-character for him to say something dumb like, "I think that only applies if you're kissing a human."

Asking if the romance has been written well in the comics is a loaded question bc you are talking about 75 years of comics. That means you've had bad writers and good writers.

But there have absolutely been some extraordinary writers over the years who have done beautiful things for Lois and Clark. Gail Simone. Joe Kelly. Greg Rucka. Kurt Busiek. Geoff Johns. Paul Cornell. Dan Jurgens. Louise Simonson. Even Richard Donner himself. Yes, there have been some WONDERFUL writers that have written Lois and Clark beautifull in the comics.

Right now, Bryan Q. Miller is doing a firecracker job writing Lois/Clark as a 'married" (as in they took wedding vows and live together) couple in the Smallville Season 11 comic. Even if you didn't watch the show, it's still an amazing comic and a great example of how to write Lois/Clark as extremely "fun" mixed with great emotion.

Did you ever dress up as a superhero/comicbook character for halloween?

tumblr_mp42tp7uBD1qbjy8co6_250.gif
tumblr_mp42tp7uBD1qbjy8co3_250.gif

tumblr_mp42tp7uBD1qbjy8co4_250.gif
tumblr_mp42tp7uBD1qbjy8co5_250.gif

tumblr_mp42tp7uBD1qbjy8co1_250.gif
tumblr_mp42tp7uBD1qbjy8co2_250.gif

On a lighter note, I watched Superman: Doomsday for the first time this week because I was still on a MOS high.

While it is certainly a flawed film, though no worse than the comic series it is based on (like the first two volumes of Knightfall, it is stretched out for far too long to sell comics back in the heyday of crazy collectors), it had some nice moments. And one thing I liked especially was how it presented Superman and Lois Lane's relationship.

For a sequel, I hope they capture that where it begins with Lois Lane being a hard-nosed reporter who isn't afraid to give CK a little **** (though in a playful way and not a constant putdown like in TAS). Then later on we see them romancing at the Fortress of Solitude (or wherever) as an already established couple with their work banter clearly being put on to throw co-workers apart.

No, "will they or won't they." They're just a couple with a quiet confidant game when the story starts and she helps him with his cover at the Planet. It would be a refreshing take that sidesteps triangle dramas and also will not immediately raise the post-crisis red flag of "Hey, Lois loves Superman, now she is dating/marrying the 6.5-ft tall dark hair, blue eyed rookie reporter in glasses," if you know what I mean.

You know, i honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had Lois helping Superman track down some of the DC heroes if she were to appear in the JL film.

Oh, I love that gif set!! Heee!!

I watched the movie again today and damn it, those two are truly awesome together! We really freaking need a sequel so we can see them move into a committed, romance. I'm just so excited by the possibilities!!!

Oh, and getting on the comics: I didn't think Geoff Johns likes Lois and Clark. Or even Lois. Not with the way that he's running DC right now (of whom I am boycotting these days).

Oh, I love that gif set!! Heee!!

I watched the movie again today and damn it, those two are truly awesome together! We really freaking need a sequel so we can see them move into a committed, romance. I'm just so excited by the possibilities!!!

Oh, and getting on the comics: I didn't think Geoff Johns likes Lois and Clark. Or even Lois. Not with the way that he's running DC right now (of whom I am boycotting these days).

Which is ironic since when he did write for Lois's character before the New 52, he did an okay job, especially with the episodes that he wrote for SV that had Lois in them.

I pray that this is one of the few romances that they get right within a franchise.

So far, the only comic book couple that was done right..or mostly right, during a comic book film franchise, was Tony and Pepper, and they're not even supposed to be this happy with each other in the films according to the comics.lol

Yea, I remember hearing about how he likes Lois when he was writing for "Smallville" and then the New 52 came around and Lois was f@cked to heck and back and I no longer believed ANYTHING coming out of his lying mouth.

I know, I really came to love Pepper and Tony from the movies, and then I looked them up and found out their story in the comics and I was like, "crap! Hope the movies doesn't go that way!" LOL!

There's so much potential with Lois and Clark. 75 years worth of it. She's as integral to the Superman mythos as any character NOT named "Clark Kent aka Superman" so the fact that DC is disrespecting her right now just burns me the heck up, it really does. And that's one of the things that I loved so much about this movie is because everyone involved with it really seems to respect and appreciate the Lois Lane character and what she brings to the story. Screw Johns and the idiots who wrote the crap on Smallville pre season 9. Because at least Goyer and Snyder and Nolan respect Lois and respect the pairing and respect Clark Kent enough not to jerk him around so they can pair him up with their personal fanboy fantasies. Argh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"