Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't not worship a Superman who's hooking up with someone older than him.
He's like the Ashton Kutcher of the superheroes... :awesome:

Trollin', trollin', trollin'...

AMEN.
The irony of all of this....SUPERMAN, if he were a real man, would not be nearly as shallow as half of the fanboys who have spent time ragging over years on how "unworthy" Lois Lane is or complaining about her "hotness" or her "age" or any other number of sexist, crap arguments that I've seen people make about Lois and here about Amy. This is the kind of stuff that highlights why Clark Kent is a superhero and so many of the dudes who try to understand the character but fail....are not.

Too true. If I recall correctly, Lois is supposed to be a bit "plain" looking in the comics, even if that is not how she is always drawn. I remember an internal monologue by Superman where he analyzes what it is that he loves about her. Essentially, Superman concludes that Lois is pretty, but rather plain and what made him notice her was the fire of her personality, courage, and drive to do good in the world. So yeah, Superman really is portrayed as not being nearly as shallow as many of his fans or even the artists who illustrate him.

Besides being a phenomenal actress, Amy's closeness to such a characterization of Lois is one of my favourite aspects of her casting. She is a gorgeous woman and incredibly beautiful, but, in terms of the highly skewed ideas of beauty in Hollywood, she has a comparatively plainer look. She has more of a girl-next-door, wholesome look to her as opposed to the highly sexualized bombshell ideal of Scarlett Johansson, Angelina Jolie, etc. Thank god, Snyder and Co. paid no heed to the fanboys on forums demanded the casting of sexiness over brains with choices like Jessica Biel or Olivia Wilde.

Just as an aside, in response to your comments about men's messed up ideas of beauty, don't judge us all based on those few mad fanboys. The internet is not really representative of most men's ideals of physical attractiveness. In the real world, pretty much all my friends complain about the ridiculous ideas of attractiveness pushed on society by Hollywood and the media and how all our significant others have messed up ideas about what men find attractive as a result. Our girlfriends are more worried about societal ideas about weight and age than we are.

yeah age thing is a dumb complaint does this look like a near 40 year old woman?
Amy+Adams+Jeremy+Renner+Spotted+Boston+Cf1unf3YQ1Rl.jpg

I think in close-up shots she does.

I still can't believe there are people who believe that after 35 actresses should just go away.

A Man can be 50 and get love interests that are 20-25 years younger but god forbid a woman in her late 30's/early 40's is the object of affection for a man who is 5-10 younger than she is. Bottom line is that's sexist, if a man can start his first franchise film at 38ish so can a woman.

Johnny Depp was 39 when the first Pirates came out and nobody was complaining about his age and RDJ was even older when Iron Man came out. Women over 35 are not useless and should not be forced to go away just because some foolish people think that all women should be 18-25 years old forever. She can easily play in sequels.

AAAAGH!! 40!!! NO WOMAN ALIVE CAN EVER BE ATTRACTIVE AND CONVINCING AND CHARMING AT 40!! :woot:

AMEN.

I'm beyond sick of this BS where men are allowed to age and continue to have value and worth and be considered worthy of love and sex and iconic roles well into their 50's but the minute a woman hits 35 she's deemed "too old." It's misogynist crap and I'm so proud and glad that more and more women in Hollywood are fighting about against this.

The bottom line is that we live in a culture that trains young guys from an early age to treat women like absolute crap as they get older. This is learned behavior. And it's absolutely disgusting. It's a mass of privilege and sexism and it's intensely problematic and insulting.

And you know what? Amy does look really young. She has gorgeous skin and a gorgeous figure. But you know what? IT IS OK TO AGE. IT IS OK TO LOOK YOUR AGE. We have to stop this crap where we say that women look great "for their age" because we NEVER do that to men.

I don't want to hear, "Amy Adams looks gorgeous....for a woman in her late 30's" because that's a freaking sexist qualifier. She looks gorgeous. Period.

Men (and women bc some women are unfortunately stuck in this sexist rut too) need to get with the program. You want to grow up treating women like absolute crap and having no understanding about what actually MATTERS in a person and what is truly valuable in terms of the person you choose as your partner? Fine. Go for it. But you're missing out. You're missing out on what actually matters in life which is what is INSIDE someone.

That's all these arguments with Lois EVER boil down to. Alot of sexist crap. Over and over again this idea that Lois can't be possibly be older or isn't hot enough or isn't all these superficial things because so many dudes have been raised in a culture that taught them to value women first and foremost as objects as opposed to human beings with value from within. And then these same dudes call themselves fans of SUPERMAN, of all men---the one guy in the world who is supposed to be BETTER than all that s**t.

Also...I'm beyond sick and tired of the "Kristen Kreuk didn't look like Lana Lang, Amy looks like Lana Lang" BS.

God forbid there was a TV show for a younger generation for years on end where Lana Lang was a woman of color. GOD FORBID. A whole generation of kids great up with Lana Lang as a freaking Asian woman. And you know what? I think that's freaking GREAT. I didn't particularly love Kreuk as an actress but I ALWAYS thought it was great that she was bi-racial because I always welcome diversity in everything I watch. So please save me this BS that focuses only on the appearances of these women in the most shallow of terms.

The irony of all of this....SUPERMAN, if he were a real man, would not be nearly as shallow as half of the fanboys who have spent time ragging over years on how "unworthy" Lois Lane is or complaining about her "hotness" or her "age" or any other number of sexist, crap arguments that I've seen people make about Lois and here about Amy. This is the kind of stuff that highlights why Clark Kent is a superhero and so many of the dudes who try to understand the character but fail....are not.

So just a huge AMEN to the post above. Stop holding women to different standards. Stop treating us like we are worthless after age 35. Stop holding us to impossible standards of beauty. Just stop. (I'm almost 30 so I guess I should just so kill myself now, right? Clearly, I don't have many good years left of value.)

I can't not worship a Superman who's hooking up with someone older than him.

What the hell's with all the generalising? When did I say anything about all actresses being useless past the age of 35? I was talking about Lois and Clark. That's it.

Why the hell am I quoted? I wasn't even talking to anyone in particular.

I'm not familiar with her work, but I'm glad they didn't get some supermodel bimbo.

Margot Kidder is still my favourite Lois Lane.

Lois Lane shouldn't be young.

Therefore I don't see how she can be too old.

Simple as that.

Simple as that.

Lois being in her early to mid 30s, and then naturally going on from there, is fine. But starting out the series with a Lois who'll be 40 in just over a year doesn't make much sense to me.

she doesn't look it tho thats the point amy looks like she can pass as 34
amy-adams-lacoste.jpg

rby-wedding-hairstyles-Amy-Adams-2012-lgn.jpg

I remember when she turned 37, People magazine misreported it as 27. Even they can't tell and they're obsessed with celebrities.

I should also say that either way, it just doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Simple as that.

THIS.

Lois isn't suppose to be 25. She's a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist.

Do you guys think she's too old because in your mind younger is hotter and Lois has to be hot? To quote Lex, "WRONG!"

It doesn't matter if she looks old. She looks believable as an accomplished reporter. That's the main thing.

I feel like this discussion is pointless... I mean, who cares how old she is, just look at her:

amy-adams-henry-cavill-man-of-steel-skip.jpg

She looks fantastic as Lois Lane.

This is my cousin....don't worry, her pics on a public site :p

Can anybody guess her age?
1449933466.jpeg

Superman could see every microscopic nook and cranny on your body. He won't mind wrinkles.

42. But everybody says she looks so much younger.

She often gets mistook for her son's sister :funny:

I would say less too but I knew she must be around that age because of the way you asked the question. :woot: Otherwise I'd say she's around 30 to 35.

I would say less too but I knew she must be around that age because of the way you asked the question. :woot: Otherwise I'd say she's around 30 to 35.
:funny:

But that's to prove the point that some women like my cousin, who doesn't have Hollywood magic, look younger. Amy doesn't look her age and can pass for somebody younger...even without Hollywood magic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"