Venom Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Lack of Spider-Man aside (which was a good thing if it had to be Holland's), it was relatively faithful to the Lethal Protector comics of the 90s. Even the dynamic between Eddie and Venom.

Far better than Raimi's Venom, even if that take had the benefit of having the traditional origin.

So picking and choosing what aspects of a movie remain faithful to aspects of the source material you also pick and choose. Thought so.

So. We may officially be seeing ties to the MCU. Honestly, as a moderate fan of the first Venom movie, and a HUGE fan of Andy Serkis, I am becoming very excited about this. Holland and Harrelson opposite Hardy is going to be so much fun. Obviously I'm hoping for a slightly better film overall, and have some hope that we may get it.

I don't really mind we didn't get the comic accurate origin, personally. Venom's origin is not tied to Spider-Man any more than Punisher's is. Venom comes from space. Venom was a powered entity long before it arrived on earth. I think separating Venom's origin from Spidey is no worse a sin than tying Mysterio to Stark or tying Vulture to Stark/Liz Allen.

I even assume we may see black suit Spidey in Venom 2 thus beginning Eddie and Venom's off-again, on-again relationship with the symbiote.

COLOR ME STOKED!

I even assume we may see black suit Spidey in Venom 2 thus beginning Eddie and Venom's off-again, on-again relationship with the symbiote.

COLOR ME STOKED!

I was already jazzed about 2020 with the opportunity to Venom vs Carnage in live-action and seeing the Green Lantern Corps come to life in their own series. But add in the possibility of seeing Holland's Spidey in the mix too? That would truly be the icing on the cake.

I don't know what's worse...the fact that that's a whole gaggle of awful movies, or the fact that Venom is by FAR the most promising on that list. I mean, Matrix hasn't had a good film since the first one, BoP looks less faithful to the source material than Venom was, Mortal Kombat it a lost kause, and Lizzie McGuire is...Lizzie McGuire.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about Venom 2. The first one was fun, if flawed. It needs to step up it's game if it is going to deliver in a sequel.

I don't know what's worse...the fact that that's a whole gaggle of awful movies, or the fact that Venom is by FAR the most promising on that list. I mean, Matrix hasn't had a good film since the first one, BoP looks less faithful to the source material than Venom was, Mortal Kombat it a lost kause, and Lizzie McGuire is...Lizzie McGuire.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about Venom 2. The first one was fun, if flawed. It needs to step up it's game if it is going to deliver in a sequel.

What are you smoking? How is MK a lost cause? They haven't released anything yet. Usually it's better to wait and see a trailer first before deciding a movie is going to be bad.

What are you smoking? How is MK a lost cause? They haven't released anything yet. Usually it's better to wait and see a trailer first before deciding a movie is going to be bad.

You misunderstand my allegiances, sir. It's just that I've built up my hopes 2 times previous...and it's a video game movie. I'd rather say it sucks now and be proven BLESSEDLY wrong than to get my hopes up again down the line for them to be shattered again. If I can't see Scorpion's spear actually pierce human (or mutant) flesh before he either A) cuts them in half or B)incinerates them, then it's dead to me. I want brutality from it, and a little horror. Not Goro getting punched in the junk and a one-liner. I hope for the best, I do...but I also had high hopes for Street Fighter. Well, at least the Street Fighter anime was top notch.

You misunderstand my allegiances, sir. It's just that I've built up my hopes 2 times previous...and it's a video game movie. I'd rather say it sucks now and be proven BLESSEDLY wrong than to get my hopes up again down the line for them to be shattered again. If I can't see Scorpion's spear actually pierce human (or mutant) flesh before he either A) cuts them in half or B)incinerates them, then it's dead to me. I want brutality from it, and a little horror. Not Goro getting punched in the junk and a one-liner. I hope for the best, I do...but I also had high hopes for Street Fighter. Well, at least the Street Fighter anime was top notch.

Ah ok. That makes sense. I'm actually a bit excited since it will be rated R and the director even said there will be fatalities.

Ah ok. That makes sense. I'm actually a bit excited since it will be rated R and the director even said there will be fatalities.

That's already a step up from us watching the SNES version of Sub Zero's fatality with Kano getting killed by Sonia in about 3 seconds. In retrospect, I think Shang T'Sung was the best part of it.

That's quite a get right there. Graham was great in The Irishman- in particular all of his scenes with Al Pacino- and loved him in Boardwalk Empire.

Venom 2's Producer Will Consider An R-Rated Version Due To Joker's Box Office Success

As far as comic book characters are concerned, Venom is an obvious candidate for an R rating. And for a while an R rating appeared to very much in play for Sony’s solo film for the Spider-Man villain starring Tom Hardy. Ultimately, Venom was PG-13, not rated R, but that doesn’t mean its sequel can’t explore an R rating. In an exclusive interview with CinemaBlend, Venom producer Matt Tolmach said that the sequel will consider an R-rated version due to Joker’s box office success, saying:

I mean, I think you always have to think about [it], now that that works. Having said that, our movie worked really well. Our franchise exists as it is, and I don't think anybody is looking to just say, ‘Hey, they [did it]!’ We have a place in the world. So it isn't like suddenly everybody's considering what to do with the rating. … I think what Joker does is it tells you that you cansucceed. For a very long time, that was the narrative. And Deadpool sort of wrestled that to the turf, and then Logan, but for a long time, that was considered totally forbidden. … So you know, I think it's the greatest thing in the world that R-rated movies are being embraced by massive audiences. And it just means that there are more opportunities for that kind of storytelling.

R-rated
Serkis directed
Hardy more involved creatively
Holland probably involved
Harrelson Carnage...

this is shaping up to be a homerun. Don't let me get too hyped, SHH...

Is there anything besides rumors about Holland being involved?

Is there anything besides rumors about Holland being involved?

I think the biggest sign is a couple of Feige comments. Nothing official, but I doubt he'd bring attention to it if he didn't actually think it would happen.

This is definitely going to be drastically different from the first - as if it's a soft reboot.

The potential R-Rating is surprising considering they clearly want to add MCU Spidey into it. I'll believe it when I see it.

Even if they are considering it, i still doubt they'll make the movie R-Rated.. Too much of a risk.

I do believe we'll see Holland's spidey in there though, probably just as a cameo or a post credit scene. But even if there's only a post credit scene with him, just the confirmation that he is involed will bring a lot more ppl to the theater.

Rrp8VUP.png

St. Estes... Seems like we're getting some Cletus' backstory.

Got the Blu-ray on Black Friday and finally got around to watching it, and let me tell you, if Reid Scott isn’t back for this one, Andy and I are going to have words. :o

I'll believe nothing, and just hope this is as much fun as the first one.
Got the Blu-ray on Black Friday and finally got around to watching it, and let me tell you, if Reid Scott isn’t back for this one, Andy and I are going to have words. :o
According to wikipedia he'll be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"