Venom Venom: Let There Be Carnage

The name is goofy...in a good way. The title signals to me that the movie is going to be the same schlocky fun as the first one, and I can’t deny that I liked Venom a lot so I’m quite hyped for this one.

The title sticks out to me just as much as “Into The Multiverse” or “Love And Thunder” — I love the title. I’m glad they didn’t do any lazy number titles by just calling it “Venom 2.”

What an incredibly stupid title. It's hilarious. I love how inadvertently silly this franchise is when they try to take it seriously. That's about the only value I get out of this franchise. I am seeing this movie for Woody Harreslon as Carnage as a principle alone.

What an incredibly stupid title. It's hilarious. I love how inadvertently silly this franchise is when they try to take it seriously. That's about the only value I get out of this franchise. I am seeing this movie for Woody Harreslon as Carnage as a principle alone.
You should get your eyes checked if that title reads like them taking it seriously.

You should get your eyes checked if that title reads like them taking it seriously.

I guess we'll find out. That was the problem with the last movie. I have no idea how Serkis is gonna approach this.

I would not be surprised if we got the first trailer by October.

Lame title. Don't know how you pass up "Maximum Carnage".

Yeah there’s absolutely no point to a Spidey/Venom clash in that Sony universe. That ship has already sailed.

It's dumb, but it's going to happen.

I wonder if Sony pulling Holland into this film was part of Sony/Marvel's 'infamous' renegotiating?

We'll obviously see Spidey in this world at some point (especially with the nod in the Morbius trailer), but even if Tom/Spidey does make an appearance in this one I'm sure it would be very small

Oh yeah, and also, the first movie had Hardy sitting in a lobster tank, Venom asking for tater tots, and Venom gibingly calling Eddie a 'p*ssy' for not jumping off the building... This series (at least the 1st film, but the 2nd one too by early indications) definitely doesn't take itself too seriously lol

It knows it's at least partly silly, and embraces it. Which I truthfully don't think a lot of people understood, or at least expected (myself included), going into the first one

I don't see how Venom can have much if any animosity towards Spider-man at this point. It's ass backwards.

It'd feel pretty contrived, between Peter having nothing whatsoever to do with Venom's origin story, and Eddie/Venom basically being set up as a good guy or anti-hero at worst.

Awaiting confirmation on if this is real or not.

I hope it's real because hearing that's it's rated R put a big smile on my face.

Damn looks like it could be legit. It makes sense timing wise, and also to just buy a short spot like this to advertisement the full trailer online availability.

Also, could just as easily be fake lol. But finger crossed

I mean if it's true and it's R rated then cool. I'd be surprised considering how much money they made off PG13. Probably after Joker they think Venom has that cache

But Im more concerned about the script and direction rather than the rating. Blood, gore. and swearing won't solve that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"