Anime that would make a great film adaptation.

Outlaw Star would be teh F***ING S**T! Gundam and maybe Tenchi Muyo would be good too.

Animes I think would work as a live-action Hollywood production: Gantz, Death Note, Spriggan, Guyver(done right), Ultraman(not an anime but whatever) and Bakuretsu Tenshi:-)o).

With Transformers being a blockbuster and DBZ in production, don't you they should do other animes.

I think they should do:
Death Note(I know they made 1 in Japan and it was a big hit)
Bleach
Full Metal Alchemist
Outlaw Star
Voltron
Rurouni Kenshin
Gundam Wing

Death Note
(2 movies and L save the world coming out Feb 08)

Bleach
(Live action musical, available on Yes Asia or stream on Cruncy Roll)

Full Metal Alchemist
(nothing yet)

Outlaw Star
(what are we only listing stuff that comes on CN)

Voltron
(many live action t.v. series, and one in pre production)

---------
not going to list rest, just more CN stuff (english dub sucks period--not unless its Panime english dub of El-Hazard OAV Mr. Fujisawa pwns all!!

Anyway, if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty of some good anime that has been turned into live action movies or jdoramas id suggest checking through cruncy roll for a big selection, or check out some of the jdorama and film torrent sites that have a wide variety.

Maison Ikkouu just got the live action treatment (again) with my favorite actress Itoh Misaki (series ended already but very good.)

Cutey Honey has a live action movie, and a live action t.v. series going on currently. Eriko Sato plays the sexy vixen in the live action movie (which is great imo, seen it years ago, and always gets better every time I watch it.)

There are also alot of manga that have gotten the movie treatment and t.v. treatment like Densha Otoko (which is a great series, check it out), the movie is not half bad either.

I could go on, but there are alot of animes out there that have made it to the movie screen.

IMO Evangelion is destined for big screen awesomeness.

group026dm6.jpg

Signed, I wonder if Peter Jackson is still interested in this production? Other then Eva, Sprigan and Gantz would be neat to see.

Afro Samurai would be great

I would say Blood the Last Vampire but they already made that.

Go Nagai's Ufo Robot Grendizer would be great to see a live action adaption of as this is Nagai's greatest hero and the Grendizer the most adaptable of his Super Robots.

eva is so far the only adaptable anime listed as a suggestion in this thread.

gantz sounds lame as hell.

Thats what I thought, but I gave it a go, and wow was I impressed :up:

People that say gantz sucks are the ones that havent watch it to fully appreciate it, stay away from watching dubs, it takes away from the series, subs, or RAW (if your like me you want to learn japanese anyway).

Come on thought we had bigger anime people on here, make otaku sad!

I cannot for the life of me stand anime. However, I had a roommate sophomore year who was into that stuff. He got me to watch Wolf's Rain, which I kinda liked. It's got a lot of potential to become a really great series of films.

^ I never really got into Wolf's Rain

If they could do Full Metal Alchemist without screwing it up I would love to see that.

-Æ-;13345452 said:
People that say gantz sucks are the ones that havent watch it to fully appreciate it, stay away from watching dubs, it takes away from the series, subs, or RAW (if your like me you want to learn japanese anyway).

Come on thought we had bigger anime people on here, make otaku sad!

Gantz is great. Its annoying that they stand there debating for 20 minutes if they are gonna fight an alien but then that kind of stuff happens alot in anime.

Cowboy Bebop would be the cat's pajamas. All green screen for this film. (ex. Casshern)

Rurouni Kenshin has to be done!

Almost every Gundam show could make a half decent movie but...

Gundam Wing as a trilogy that divides the show's story (forget Endless Waltz) into a movie and make it a tad more realistic and have it span three years instead of one year and maybe begin it with the kids at 16-17 instead of 15...you got the makings of an epic sci-fi trilogy the likes of which has not been seen.

BUT...that will never happen. Cowboy Beebop also has potential to make a decent movie.

P.S. Full Metal Alchemist is brilliant but would make a terrible live action film and is just too dense and well...Japanese anime to be adapted into a film, especially by Americans (and it is one of the more western animes at that!). Same goes for DBZ, except I would never call DBZ brilliant.

no,thats why i said it sounded lame. The premise doesn't really impress me.

You should give it a chance...I wasn't impressed initially either but somehow I ended up giving a damn about the characters..:huh:

It would work as movie...just cut down on the:
chamber-music said:
debating for 20 minutes if they are gonna fight an alien

topnotch said:
grantz does suck.

Like your spelling.:wow:

DACrowe said:
Cowboy Beebop also has potential to make a decent movie.

Yeah...kinda Blade Runner-ish setting though.

GeoffTheArtist said:
Rurouni Kenshin has to be done!

Hell no! Unless it's a Japanese production.

I just saw the movie Perfect Blue on YouTube and that got me thinking that it would make a good live action film, especially since it was originally meant to be one.

Akira is already a good movie. I don't see why they'd want to ruin it by re-making it in live action.

Because the manga is better and expands greatly on the movie itself.
An Akira trilogy would be quite awesome IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"