Anime that would make a great film adaptation.

Cowboy Bebop would be the cat's pajamas. All green screen for this film. (ex. Casshern)

Rurouni Kenshin has to be done!

Not entirely. And it would be the perfect vehicle for Zach Snyder. A light weight movie with R rated stylised action :woot:

full metal alchemist
ruroni kenshin/samurai x

Macross baby!

And Ranma 1/2 would be interesting... Slam Dunk is probably my favourite...

Oh wait! Slayers is ****ing perfect for live action!

I think Rurouni Kenshin would adapt really well to live action. Call it Samurai X or Kenshin whichever but I think it's the best suited for adaptation

Full Metal Alchemist
Outlaw Star
Rurouni Kenshin
Gundam Wing

I'm not as big an anime head as some guys, but these are the ones I've seen that I'd like to see done.

Full Metal Alchemist:
A lot of stuff would be left out of the first movie, but the Elric brothers, their first encounter with the Hummoculus, a State Alchemist plot with Roy Mustang and a satisfying resolution involving the temporary creation of a philosopher's stone... it could be fun, but It wouldn't be a summer blockbuster... a good adolescent's movie, like Eragon or Dark is Rising or something... except, y'know, good.

Outlaw Star:
I just like it a whole lot. I think the characters are a LOT of fun, and it opens up for some very fun action... kind of like an amped up 'Serenity.' In fact, that's exactly what it would be like, an amped up serenity, just with different character balances.

Kenshin:
Didn't get to see a whole lot of this, but I would love this.

Gundam Wing:
Seriously... this almost writes itself. It's almost conceivable that this could happen (almost) and, on top of that, it's got some of the most intense action conceivable. I'm the previous Gundams were great (or else why would GW have ever been made), but I think a space-battle is almost unavoidable. I actually wouldn't object to a brand new Gundam cast/era, espeically if it fit into existing continuity.

The more I think about Voltron, the more contrived it feels. I love the cartoon, and would love a movie, but I can't really see Voltron happening... unless it was, like, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

And while Wolf Rain was a great cartoon experience, the fact is that a lot of that wolf action is going to be all-CGI, making it kinda of a cartoon any way you slice it. The human elements are pretty limited, even though they are present.

I just saw the movie Perfect Blue on YouTube and that got me thinking that it would make a good live action film, especially since it was originally meant to be one.

Can't believe I forgot about that one...good call.

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Big O.

I like the way you think!! :up:

Guyver done right would kick ass.

Cowboy Bebop I agree would translate well to the big screen. And it's got a f***ing great story.

Trigun is right up there with Bebop.

Big-O maybe, Wolf's Rain...

Appleseed would be good...and so would Ghost in the Shell.

I wouldn't mind seeing Inuyasha either, but I don't think they'd ever be able to do it as live action without screwing it all up. But that goes for all of them...they need to do them right and not half-ass them like they did with the Guyver movies.

i'm surprised no one mentioned Naruto. It would be nice if the could pull off a big screen version without ****ing it up.

Devil May Cry.
anyone have seen the anime?

trigun

naruto

Sailor Moon

Akira

pokemon (why not)

not necessarily anime, but Legend of Zelda's long overdue for a live action treatment

Full Metal Alchemist

Gundam

Lupin III

Blue Seed

does your cable system get adult swim onDEMAND if so big o is in the action section

i would like to see a fullmetal alchemist movie

Most anime simply won't work. Full Metal Alchemist is brilliant but works best as a large serial with a great through linne. I mean the anime movie was disappointing as the sequel to the show, I'd hate to see such a desne show tried to be summed up in even 3 movies.

Same goes for One Piece, though I'm not a fan.

Really the Gundam series makes since (preferably a GW series) and that's about it. Maybe Speed Racer will change perceptions, though.

I liked the FMA movie. I thought it was well animated and did a pretty good job of tying up the loose ends of the show.

the reason i say trigun is cuz it wouldn't totaly be that unrealistic and wouldn't be that hard to make. FMA movie would be great too

I wonder if any live-action version of a Miyazaki film would be considered blasphemy, no matter how good it was.

Nausicaa is my all-time favorite Miyazaki movie, but I could see it being a fantastic live-action film too, if done right.

Naruto. It is basically Harry Potter with ninjas instead of wizards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"