• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Manager

Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]359005[/split]
-------------------------
Dear Children,

If your contributions have essentially nothing to do with the characterization of Selina Kyle and are little more than transparent dreck tailored toward your goofy fanboy desires than anything viable, keep them to yourselves. It's becoming more than tiresome to have this thread periodically cleaned up because people seem to equate discussion of a character that boasts sensuality with ongoing blather about **** and ass.

In very short order, such individuals will be removed from discussing the topic altogether for the slightest transgressions. I very strongly suggest that the current climate of discussion resemble something of worth.

Grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]357481[/split]

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way in hell that is part of the real costume. I could go into a dollar store right now and buy an equally amazing mask. It was probably just worn by the stand-in to set up and light shots.

I really hope the mask is a stand in and not the actual suit. I don't want to see another Julie Newmar verison.

julie-newmar-catwoman.jpg

We all have to start from square one to move up; my guess if this is the domino mask we think it is, chances are Catwoman is first starting out. LOL Either that or maybe she's going the hooker routine and it's part of the work's costume; I don't know. But I know it's just something that needs to evolve before it gets awesome. :word:

SkiMaskBatmanBegins1.jpg

tdk-imax-joker-mask_1196926281.jpg

There is no way in hell that is part of the real costume. I could go into a dollar store right now and buy an equally amazing mask. It was probably just worn by the stand-on to set up and light shots.

I doubt it as well.

Yeah i get only Batman can afford it but come on , these films are more grounded but are still comic book films . Catwoman's outfit should be a little bit classier than something that couild be bought in Target

Last edited:
I really hope the mask is a stand in and not the actual suit. I don't want to see another Julie Newmar verison.

julie-newmar-catwoman.jpg

Wouldn't be the first time Nolan would adapt something from the original series to his movie; wouldn't that be a hoot? :woot:

jokers.jpg

Yea me too.

I think it's either a starting point for Catwoman, or more than likely, it's just a prop that is solely designed to set us SHH (and fellow outside peepers) speculators up for a misdirection ploy.

Nolan is a sneaky snake. He wants us to dance like his little puppets.

So where's this supposed image of this crappy mask?

Am I alone in being okay with the long, streaming hair and domino mask approach? It doesn't so much reference Julie Newmar as reference Catwoman from the 50s-60s in general.

If this is the approach we get, then it is unexpected, but it is a legitimate synthesis of Catwoman's various appearances. Remember that Nolan based his Joker very heavily on that character's very early appearances, so this would be consistent.

I would prefer a skin-tight catsuit, for sure, but I would actually prefer a self-assembled suit that references Catwoman's early appearances, over an overly technological and rubberised monstrosity. At least this approach is a logical one for a character who has limited funds and commits crime for fun.

I would prefer a skin-tight catsuit, for sure, but I would actually prefer a self-assembled suit that references Catwoman's early appearances, over an overly technological and rubberised monstrosity. At least this approach is a logical one for a character who has limited funds and commits crime for fun.

You have a point, but personally I think that she needs to do something with her hair. Cover it up at least? That's why I'm more satisfied with a whole head mask (like the one from Batman Returns). It makes it less obvious to who she is.

Besides, I get reminders to that Birds of Prey show where the Helena character didn't have a mask at all. Yet, she was fighting criminals, then working in a bar ... at night. :doh:

Heh, here comes the **** storm. But, yeah, I agree, she is very pretty, particularly since she is sans-makeup etc.

She does look like Blunt. I like both. But I seem to like everything since the weather got hot. It does things to me.

Hey, reg. How you doin :cwink:

Maybe I'm outta line here bu I dont totally believe that's the only mask shell wear throughout the whole film

Why is the mask being debated? Goggles and a tactical-style outfit were confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"