• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Manager

Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]362691[/split]
-------------------------
Dear Children,

If your contributions have essentially nothing to do with the characterization of Selina Kyle and are little more than transparent dreck tailored toward your goofy fanboy desires than anything viable, keep them to yourselves. It's becoming more than tiresome to have this thread periodically cleaned up because people seem to equate discussion of a character that boasts sensuality with ongoing blather about **** and ass.

In very short order, such individuals will be removed from discussing the topic altogether for the slightest transgressions. I very strongly suggest that the current climate of discussion resemble something of worth.

Grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]362301[/split]

Last edited by a moderator:
New thread! :D

So what craziness did I miss from this infamous thread?

fans are mad catwoman is being played by in fact a woman

edit: just because Mister J would like things on topic. I actually hope Selina isn't a stripper. The reason why is because i just felt it was very um... cliche i guess. I dunno I just wasnt a fan

edit: just because Mister J would like things on topic. I actually hope Selina isn't a stripper. The reason why is because i just felt it was very um... cliche i guess. I dunno I just wasnt a fan

Cliched? As far as Catwoman in the movies goes, it isn't cliched at all. The movie Catwomans have all been very meek and timid secretary types who have had something terrible happen to them, and then are transformed into Catwoman and liberated.

Having Anne play a Catwoman who is a stripper and completely different in personality to Michelle Pfieffer or Halle Berry would be a refreshing change.

It's not like the idea of Selina as a stripper is completely unfounded either, as it does have its roots in the comics (where she's a prostitute in some origins).

Im not saying cliched in the batman world. It is def one of the accepted and known origins of catwoman.

However when I think of that femme fatal character who is out on good, the idea of a stripper doing it feels to me something like out of a grindhouse like film. Its my personal preference of disliking these cliche like origins which seem to have no impact for me.

Yes having Catwoman playing a stripper would be different then the Michelle Pfieffer and halle Berry Catwoman but so would having her be some rich aristocrat just traveling the world.

i still think that they will say stripper but make it clear that she also got payed for sex.

Good to see you again CC! :awesome:

I'm actually a fan of the stripper angle, mainly because it could factor in to Nixon's (Matthew Modine) arc as a quickly paced "origin" of sorts. Think about it:

Selina and Holly (Juno Temple) work at a high end Gotham gentlemen's club known as the Iceberg Lounge. It is frequented by many corrupt politicians who have seen a resurgence since the disappearance of Batman at the end of TDK. Utilizing her stage presence as the "Feline Fatale", Selina and Holly are able to get close to them to find out information.

Later on, we see Selina stealing from these politicians in the full on catsuit as the "Cat-woman" which will eventually bring her to a face to face with Batman.

I personally think Selina works at a gentlemen's club, NOT a strip club. It makes sense from a directing standpoint because you can still get the sexuality of the character across without the gratuitousness. It seems much more Nolan's style to go that route IMO

In the US/UK, a gentlemen's club is a strip club. Like bachelor being a fancy way of saying single. It's just a euphemism.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/267437-anne-hathaway-wants-charity-catwoman-visits/
Anne Hathaway wants to visit sick children dressed as Catwoman.

The 28-year-old actress portrays the super-villain and her alter-ego Selina Kyle in the upcoming Batman movie 'The Dark Knight Rises' and wants to be able to keep the famous black catsuit worn by her character in order to help with her charity work.

Speaking at the European premiere of her new movie 'One Day' at London's Vue Westfield, she told BANG Showbiz: "I'm not sure if I can keep the Catwoman outfit but I visited some sick kids at a children's hospital recently and I think it would be a cool idea to go back dressed up as Catwoman."

you know like in Batman year one?

If Anne keeps the catsuit, then I need to get myself sick so she can visit me in hospital and can have her play nursemaid with me. :D

Can somebody find and post the relevant panels?

For the record, I couldn't care less if she was a prostitute or not. I just like accuracy.

In the US/UK, a gentlemen's club is a strip club. Like bachelor being a fancy way of saying single. It's just a euphemism.

Eh, I view "gentlemen's clubs" as being less seedy than strip clubs, so that's why I think Nolan will go that direction

Can somebody find and post the relevant panels?

For the record, I couldn't care less if she was a prostitute or not. I just like accuracy.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=20534823&postcount=745
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=20540263&postcount=807

As can be seen, Stan the pimp seems to only be interested in Holly's business. There are no indications Selina works under him, especially when she has little qualms of knocking him out.

Eh, I view "gentlemen's clubs" as being less seedy than strip clubs, so that's why I think Nolan will go that direction
Oh, there's definitely a "class" divide, but a strip club is a strip club whether it is seedy or not. I would favor the wealthier end of the spectrum if only because it would make sense for Selina to work around the people she can most benefit from.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=20534823&postcount=745
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=20540263&postcount=807

As can be seen, Stan the pimp seems to only be interested in Holly's business. There are no indications Selina works under him, especially when she has little qualms of knocking him out.

Even though we don't specifically see her interact with him, but she knows holly, and knows stan, and apparently needs to "defend" the both of them from Bruce.

And she only punches him out because she's finding a new line of work. And he probably protested to that idea.

Even though we don't specifically see her interact with him, but she knows holly, and knows stan, and apparently needs to "defend" the both of them from Bruce.

And she only punches him out because she's finding a new line of work. And he probably protested to that idea.
If you follow the other posts related to that discussion, people go through the whole context a bit further. If you have something to add that they didn't, I'd be more than obliged to continue it. However as I had left that discussion, no one gave be a convincing argument that would make me think Selina was a prostitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"