• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Manager

Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]363509[/split]
-------------------------
Dear Children,

If your contributions have essentially nothing to do with the characterization of Selina Kyle and are little more than transparent dreck tailored toward your goofy fanboy desires than anything viable, keep them to yourselves. It's becoming more than tiresome to have this thread periodically cleaned up because people seem to equate discussion of a character that boasts sensuality with ongoing blather about **** and ass.

In very short order, such individuals will be removed from discussing the topic altogether for the slightest transgressions. I very strongly suggest that the current climate of discussion resemble something of worth.

Grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]362691[/split]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Extremely mature response. I was willing to give you a chance by reasoning with you, but I guess you really are a troll. I hate it when TheBatman072 is right.

nah.. just really getting a kick outta this. "Troll!" "Cat ears!" lol... come on guys.. please, for yourselves.

Hug? :fhm:

nah.. just really getting a kick outta this. "Troll!" "Cat ears!" lol... come on guys.. please, for yourselves.

Hug? :fhm:

If the discussion about a basic visual aspect of one of the most important characters from the mythos, on which a movie is being based and which movie I assume you're here to talk about is making you laugh, then...

[Ra's Al Ghul] As you wish:dry: [/Ra's Al Ghul]

I think I could live with just Selina Kyle though.
Oh, me too. Living with Selina would be ideal. A big no no to room mates and other distractions. :oldrazz:

If any Anne Catwoman figure is good, I'll be getting it. No doubt.

If the discussion about a basic visual aspect of one of the most important characters from the mythos, on which a movie is being based and which movie I assume you're here to talk about is making you laugh, then...

[Ra's Al Ghul] As you wish:dry: [/Ra's Al Ghul]

206di-1.gif

lol... bleh, u guys get sooooo worked up. You're cool in my book, Gianakin. *hug*

Oh, me too. Living with Selina would be ideal. A big no no to room mates and other distractions. :oldrazz:

lol, I had to think back to what was the original context of my quote.

I probably won't get too many Anne Catwoman figures. Well, I'll see which 6" ones are available. Some 6"/ 7" figures can be quite good for likeness (think of those Diamond Select Star Trek figures a few years back) and are definitely cheaper than the Hot Toys versions. However, you probably can't beat Hot Toys for likeness and clothing.

Does anyone know what the bodies inside under the clothing looks like for these figures? Do they look like action figures or like dolls? For instance, Tonner or Barbie Dolls, or Action Man figures don't look all that realistic a sculpt and are almost like mannequins underneath. I'm hoping the Hot Toys have proper proportions and musculature etc.

EDIT: Oh dear... just saw the Scarlett Johansson Black Widow Hot Toys figure:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082310a.htm

It doesn't look quite like her but rather generic, and at times even like Amanda Righetti slightly. I hope that doesn't spell bad news for Anne's Catwoman figure. However, most of the Hot Toys (well mostly the male figures I've seen) seem to have been pretty spot on. I don't know if I want rooted hair for Anne's figure. It might give it that doll feel and might not look as good.

Last edited:
lol, I had to think back to what was the original context of my quote.

I probably won't get too many Anne Catwoman figures. Well, I'll see which 6" ones are available. Some 6"/ 7" figures can be quite good for likeness (think of those Diamond Select Star Trek figures a few years back) and are definitely cheaper than the Hot Toys versions. However, you probably can't beat Hot Toys for likeness and clothing.

Does anyone know what the bodies inside under the clothing looks like for these figures? Do they look like action figures or like dolls? For instance, Tonner or Barbie Dolls, or Action Man figures don't look all that realistic a sculpt and are almost like mannequins underneath. I'm hoping the Hot Toys have proper proportions and musculature etc.

EDIT: Oh dear... just saw the Scarlett Johansson Black Widow Hot Toys figure:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082310a.htm

It doesn't look quite like her but rather generic, and at times even like Amanda Righetti slightly. I hope that doesn't spell bad news for Anne's Catwoman figure. However, most of the Hot Toys (well mostly the male figures I've seen) seem to have been pretty spot on. I don't know if I want rooted hair for Anne's figure. It might give it that doll feel and might not look as good.

Clicked on that link and got a major virus alert.

Clicked on that link and got a major virus alert.

Don't know why you would get that, but just do a search on Google of Hot Toys Black Widow Iron Man 2. You'll see that it doesn't really look like her at all and the rooted hair isn't that great.

I did see these repaints of the Tonner Anne Hathaway dolls on Deviant Art (you can see the before shots in the inset where they look very generic or quite off):

Anne_Hathaway_Agent_99_doll_by_noeling.jpg

anne_hathaway_as_andrea_doll_by_noeling-d3kjis7.jpg

These are pretty amazing and her likeness is spot on. She has rooted hair in these too, but they've been custom restyled by the artist.

If the Anne Catwoman figure could look anywhere as good as these I'd be very happy.

Caught this in the paper this morning in the comics. Nice little name drop.

lu110906.gif

Don't know why you would get that, but just do a search on Google of Hot Toys Black Widow Iron Man 2.

Cheers.

My Sophos antivirus tells me the site contains Mal/ObfJS-CB.

Sideshow said they would have pieces out, and in time for TDKR.

Plus, Hot Toys has done figures for the other 2 movies.

Fingers crossed. :awesome:

I just hope that if Anne's Catwoman figure has rooted hair that it looks good. Often rooted doesn't and looks too thick or just a mess. However, sculpted could look stiff too. I don't know what people would prefer.

I just hope that if Anne's Catwoman figure has rooted hair that it looks good. Often rooted doesn't and looks too thick or just a mess. However, sculpted could look stiff too. I don't know what people would prefer.

Rooted hair sucks.

Rooted hair sucks.

It does normally, but in those Tonner pics of Anne above they look quite decent. But that's because a customiser did them and they aren't the factory versions which did suck.

It does normally, but in those Tonner pics of Anne above they look quite decent. But that's because a customiser did them and they aren't the factory versions which did suck.

Yep.

Dear jesus what is she doing with a man who dresses like that...

OMG. I KNO, RITE? When's she going to learn to properly judge people by how they dress and what they look like according to your standards? Shame on her.

The only weird thing about what he's wearing is the bandana.

What's the big deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back