• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Burton sure loves his characters looking pale, sickly and odd. See below for other references :awesome:

You should've added a picture of Tim Burton or Helena Bonham Carter to that list... as they are in real life! :woot:

The Catwoman that I'm familiar with is not only in control of who she is and what she intends to do in each situation, she's even more sure of herself than Batman is. That's perhaps what's so attractive about her to Batman, that she can work behind a mask and still be entirely sane and in control of herself. I hope we see that in Nolan's Catwoman.

I think that Anne would suit that type of Catwoman very well. She would be entirely sane (except for maybe when she's being silly and playful like Anne Hathaway can be in real life) and there probably wouldn't even be much of a distinction between Selina Kyle and Catwoman. Maybe in this movie, she doesn't even think of Catwoman as a separate secret identity or persona, but just a costume she wears. Perhaps it's just the media or her stripper circles who call her Catwoman.

So unlike Michelle's Selina, who was more meek and mild, but then naughty and wild as Catwoman (or, dare I say, Halle's Patience who was meek and mild, but more liberated as Catwoman), Anne's Selina would be the same all the time. She would just be a fun, naughty girl who is playful with others and decides she needs to take action against the rich and powerful by stealing from them.

I think she could definitely be the definitive Catwoman and the most fun to audiences. She would be like RDJ's Tony Stark/ Iron Man, who is the same smart ass with or without the armour, and the armour is just functional not a complete change of personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"