• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the pic showed up, some people were very adamant that that was it and there were not going to be ears. This is lazy, but a cowl with ears isn´t? Really bad spin there.
Yes, goggles that "just so happen to make cat ears" is lazy to me. A cowl is purposely trying to look like a cat. It would be like if Martha Kent "just accidentally" spilled red paint on a blue costume, which happened to form an 'S'.

-"Oh my god, Martha, keep that spilled paint on the costume. We can call him Superman now...you know, cause the 'S'".:whatever:

A bit too convenient, IMO.

Last edited:
The domino mask will probably look of higher quality in the movie. It won't look as cheap me thinks.

May be they'll add something in post. The amazing things you can do with CGI. :cwink::awesome:

And they said that Robin's little mask would never work on him in the Nolanverse.

Some of these complaints are just downright silly and inconsequential to the character or the movie.

Some are yes, but I'm rather proud how reasoned most criticism has been and that, most like me, have said that even if the suit is underwhelming in our opinions, it's a minor issue, the characterization and relationships are far more important.

more pics from the LA thead:

http://celebrity-gossip.net/dark-knight-rises/dark-knight-rises-stars-suit-los-angeles-546936

QDoQk.jpg

MU90v.jpg

h4Nrl.jpg

lX0kS.jpg

XEHgQ.jpg

AEtJW.jpg

SPYGN.jpg

MA08t.jpg

One thing I always found interesting about Catwoman (in general from comics and other media interpretations) is that everyone in Gotham KNOWS Selina Kyle is Catwoman. She doesn't really hide the fact or care that people know its her. And yet she still wears the cowl or sometimes (in most recent comics) she will wear the full suit but not wear her goggles and you can clearly see her whole face. So in a way the mask ordeal is funny because in the end EVERYONE KNOWS SELINA KYLE IS CATWOMAN...it is just a matter of how this is supposed to play out in this movie...

And they said that Robin's little mask would never work on him in the Nolanverse.
Well, in the real world, women are harder to figure out, because their bone structures are a bit......ok, forget it, it's not realistic. :oldrazz:

That last picture desperately needs to be captioned.

Anne in that suit :hrt: and that last pic is hilarious :funny: reminds me of that time Christian was singing that Powerpuff girl song.

It looks like Batman is waving gang signs at Commissioner Gordon in the last pic.

I'm kinda underwhelmed by the overall look of Catowman. The bodysuit is great, but the cowl is what seals the look of Catwoman imo and lack of it is disappointing. It's not terrible, but could have been so much better with a cowl rather than a domino mask. Anyone knows if she uses the iconic whip?

Still my most anticipated movie next year, hopefully Hathaways's performance is spot on.

If I'm seeing things right, each ear splits off into two tips.

They're all so giggly specially Bale. Nolan probably spiked their drink. :hehe:

Seems like Bale is laughing by himself haha. Oldman and Anne seem serious.

I like the suit but the exposed hair seems a little strange to me. You'd think someone going around beating up thugs and whatever other trouble she'll surely get into wouldn't want their long hair to become a liability. Seems like during a fight it would just be a whoop-ass handle for your head. Or what if it gets caught in the back wheel of the batpod? Of course she'd have to be in a strange position for that to happen but you never know.

One thing I always found interesting about Catwoman (in general from comics and other media interpretations) is that everyone in Gotham KNOWS Selina Kyle is Catwoman. She doesn't really hide the fact or care that people know its her. And yet she still wears the cowl or sometimes (in most recent comics) she will wear the full suit but not wear her goggles and you can clearly see her whole face. So in a way the mask ordeal is funny because in the end EVERYONE KNOWS SELINA KYLE IS CATWOMAN...it is just a matter of how this is supposed to play out in this movie...

QFT :up:

I'm still a little surprised she's in high heels, but I like Nolan's version of Catwoman. I wonder if that zipper is going to be up the entire movie though... ;)

Yes, goggles that "just so happen to make cat ears" is lazy to me. A cowl is purposely trying to look like a cat. It would be like if Martha Kent "just accidentally" spilled red paint on a blue costume, which happened to form an 'S'.

-"Oh my god, Martha, keep that spilled paint on the costume. We can call him Superman now...you know, cause the 'S'".:whatever:

A bit too convenient, IMO.

A cowl is meant to cover the head, there´s nothing necessarily cat-related about it. The spilled paint analogy doesn´t work at all, the goggle ears aren´t there by accident, they´re a listening device, like the bat ears in BB. And she might have wanted them to resemble cat ears for all we know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"