The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

I won't lie, I would have liked her to have a whip, claws, even seeing her have a pet cat in her apartment scene would have been nice.

But Hathaway was so good that I was able to over look the lack of cat motif.

It's funny because I'm actually in the midst of reading the novelization and the book repeatedly refers to her as 'Catwoman', she has claws when she attacks Daggett, and Dagget thinks to himself that all she needs is a whip to complete her costume, not to mention all the feline references.

I agree though, I can overlook these misses because Hathaway's performance is just so effortlessly great and is IMO the high point of the movie. Still, at least one cat in her apartment would've been a nice little easter egg for us fans. :yay:

Saw this at my Tumblr dashboard and I just died laughing. :hehe:

tumblr_memb05AEnd1qanm80o1_r1_500.gif

It's funny because I'm actually in the midst of reading the novelization and the book repeatedly refers to her as 'Catwoman', she has claws when she attacks Daggett, and Dagget thinks to himself that all she needs is a whip to complete her costume, not to mention all the feline references.

I agree though, I can overlook these misses because Hathaway's performance is just so effortlessly great and is IMO the high point of the movie. Still, at least one cat in her apartment would've been a nice little easter egg for us fans. :yay:

Can you possibly give us two excerpts from the novelization where they mention her as Catwoman?

[YT]HMoCSGXKKqM[/YT]

Has anyone seen this yet? Hathaway is 2nd at roughly 1:40ish. Some of these clips are so pretentious it's downright hilarious, others just come across as really weird.

Saw this at my Tumblr dashboard and I just died laughing. :hehe:

tumblr_memb05AEnd1qanm80o1_r1_500.gif
That is awesome, just how I view her. Bow down.
px9bm.png

Btw, I was searching Google Images and by chance found this :funny:
button.png

[YT]HMoCSGXKKqM[/YT]

Has anyone seen this yet? Hathaway is 2nd at roughly 1:40ish. Some of these clips are so pretentious it's downright hilarious, others just come across as really weird.

I don't know how you can keep a straight face doing those types of videos. Then again, that's why they're actors. :funny:

What they did last year was so much better especially Gary's.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDBB31A4DF612F7DF

I don't know how you can keep a straight face doing those types of videos. Then again, that's why they're actors. :funny:

What they did last year was so much better especially Gary's.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDBB31A4DF612F7DF

I kind of like Hathaway and Riva's this year too, they have some form of characterization in their clips plus they are inspired from the films they're in this year. The Watt's one wasn't too bad either, although I don't know Wtf is going on.

The rest just of them just looks like they're being ripped out from some Indie music video or something. :funny:

Just got back from the Dark Knight Legend exhibit at LA Live, that had seemingly every costume from all three movies. Now Hathaway has my supreme respect....for doing action scenes in a corset. :funny: It's clear the costume includes one.

edit

Last edited:
I saw Anne at the Les Mis premiere in NY tonight. Didn't get great pictures, since the red carpet was under a tent, but she's in both of these:

PC100065.jpg

PC100068.jpg

Cool snaps, danoyse. Did she look at you or anything like that?

Interesting dress Anne is wearing there, and that leg device which goes around her knee. Avante garde. She's gone from showing off her back to having material cover it. :funny: Brave choice and good on her for showing off her personality. As Felix said to Bond in Thunderball after wearing that bulky underwater apparatus, "on you anything looks good."

It looks almost like a knee brace rather than part of her dress/shoes, lol.

Cool snaps, danoyse. Did she look at you or anything like that?

God, no. I was across the street with the rest of the onlookers. The red carpet was under a tent, and they were mobbed by press. That was about as close as I could get.

Still awesome, though. Saw the whole Les Miz cast. :up:

It looks almost like a knee brace rather than part of her dress/shoes, lol.

I thought it was a knee brace when I first saw the pic and I was wondering what happened to her. :hehe:

The cat ears looked the best in shadowy lighting more than in a full bright light.

Original
2r5spag.jpg

Re-touched
r1y9s0.png

Just saw Rises for the first time last night and I though Hathaway was just AMAZING!!! Also, I think any whips or claws would have looked silly as they wouldn't have fitted even half logically into the character portrayed in the film.
P.S. Those look like braces but I don't think they can be because she has one on each leg!

I really think her semi short-hair look is very sexy. I mean, I like her long-hair look as well, but this one seems to suit her even better. :hrt:

Love this look. It's very glam goth, but Anne's got the features to pull it off without looking menacing. :funny:
Glam goth, I like that. :up:

God, no. I was across the street with the rest of the onlookers. The red carpet was under a tent, and they were mobbed by press. That was about as close as I could get.

Still awesome, though. Saw the whole Les Miz cast. :up:
Ah well. Sounds like a good experience either way.

A screenshot of Anne on Letterman. As Knox said in B89, hello legs.

2eeasmf.png

Last edited:
Anne Hathaway was nominated for 2 BFCA awards today:

- Best Supporting Actress
- Best Actress in an Action Movie

Apparently Anne flashed the paparazzi last night Britney Spears style when she got out of her car. :funny:

Apparently Anne flashed the paparazzi last night Britney Spears style when she got out of her car. :funny:
I hate those. Everybody looks awkward getting out of the car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"