Ant-Man Casting Thread

I wouldn't mind Hammer at all for a role in the MCU but I just don't feel that Ant-Man is right for him, maybe if we are talking Scott Lang. If we are talking Pym, and I hope we are, I'd still like Ewan McGregor.

I wouldn't mind Hammer at all for a role in the MCU but I just don't feel that Ant-Man is right for him, maybe if we are talking Scott Lang. If we are talking Pym, and I hope we are, I'd still like Ewan McGregor.

i've never understood this casting choice. i think McGregor would look pretty awful as Giant-man.

Why would McGregor look anymore awful as Giant-Man than anyone else?

because he has a poor frame for bulking up. a skinny Giant-Man will look silly, imo.

I don't really feel that Dr. Pym should be bulked up.

Pym should be in good shape as he is still a superhero after all. I don't necessarily think he should be in Thor or Superman size but atleast hawkeye shape.

Most actors hit the gym to play superheroes these days anyway so I don't think its much of an issue.

Im still sticking to my ussual picks.

1st Choice)Simon Baker
2nd Choice)Patrick Wilson
3rd Choice)Nathan Fillion(but he needs to slim down a bit and get in shape, he's been looking heavier and heavier in Castle)

I'm still in favour of Ewan McGregor for Pym, but I think Martin Freeman would be an interesting choice too

How about Oscar Winning actor Jim Broadbent (Hot Fuzz, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Gangs Of New York, Cloud Atlas) for Elihas Starr aka Egghead.

Jim_Broadbent_and_Cillian_001.jpg

Gangs_Of_New_York_Broadbent_610.jpg

Im still sticking to my ussual picks.

1st Choice)Simon Baker
2nd Choice)Patrick Wilson
3rd Choice)Nathan Fillion(but he needs to slim down a bit and get in shape, he's been looking heavier and heavier in Castle)

even after they just put out Pym's official backstory; confirming him as 32 years of age? just speculation but i think they are aiming younger.

Long time since I posted here but what about Cole Hauser as a dark horse candidate for Pym?

Just thought I'd throw this out there, but I finished watching Hannibal and I thing think Hugh Dancy would be perfect.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0199215/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

Check out at least one episode of the Hannibal show. The guy can pull off tortured genius, he's a great actor. Cheap to cast, unknownish and young so he can grow into the role.

even after they just put out Pym's official backstory; confirming him as 32 years of age? just speculation but i think they are aiming younger.

Is this actual info from the film? The only young actor I can think of then would be Hammer really I guess. He played smart in Social Network I guess. So much better choices if they went a older imo. Like 36-38, all the actors I named except prob Wilson can pull that age off.

Aside from this being a Wright production, is Ant-Man really all that important to you as a Marvel fan? I know most people didn't really give a **** about the guy until Edgar said he wanted to take a crack.

Ant-Man is only important to me insofar as he brings along Ultron. Beyond that I don't much care.

I've always been a Henry Pym fan, Ant Man, not so much.

Aside from this being a Wright production, is Ant-Man really all that important to you as a Marvel fan? I know most people didn't really give a **** about the guy until Edgar said he wanted to take a crack.

he (Scott Lang) is my favorite character. has been since the 80s. that this movie is happening is just unbelievable to me. it's set to come out right around my birthday, believe it or not.

How about Mike Vogel from Under The Dome? He has a very Superhero look to him.
mike-vogel-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

I don't know about Mike Vogel to be honest. He's hot but as an actor he's pretty plain and I don't think he can handle comedy well.

The thing about getting Simon Pegg to do Antman is that we would have to think of a place for Nick Frost too! Those two are awesome together.

I don't know about Mike Vogel to be honest. He's hot but as an actor he's pretty plain and I don't think he can handle comedy well.

The thing about getting Simon Pegg to do Antman is that we would have to think of a place for Nick Frost too! Those two are awesome together.

I want to see Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in Ant-man as two idiotic SHIELD agents, that would be hilarious.

Not that I ever gave Roger Wardell the benefit of the doubt about anything, but someone pointed out that he recently "revealed" that Marvel spoke with Timothy Olyphant. Probably an absolute b.s. rumor as usual, but for the record, I think he'd be a great choice for Hank Pym *or* Scott Lang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"