Ant-Man Casting Thread

Disney is not going to let Marvel cast that plank of wood.

Disney is not going to let Marvel cast that plank of wood.

Hells bells they just let him lead what they thought had franchise potential. He's still usable. Taylor kitsch, however, I hope they lost his number

He was a lead in a movie that flopped just as hard as John Carter. He's as good as gone.

I think Armie Hammer is a tad overrated for me.

He is an ok actor and he has superhero looks but I've yet to really be impressed with any of his performances.

He's been in like two movies.

He has yet to do anything remotely interesting. People just get excited when they're another chiseled jawed male actor on the scene because apparently that's what's important.

Hammer was fine in Social Network but I don't feel his performance was particularly spectacular or anything any other actor couldn't of pulled off.

If Hammer was as talented as people make out he is he would of got a lot more work than he has so far.

He's no Channing, I think that is pretty much consensual.

He was a lead in a movie that flopped just as hard as John Carter. He's as good as gone.

He was interesting in Social Network.

I think he and Jesse Eisenberg were the best things about that movie. To be honest, I think Jesse is a fine actor, and if there is a role for him in the MCU, I'd be pumped to see him take it.

As far as hammer, I think he was HILARIOUS in the social network

I know some of you probably may be against this, but I was thinking maybe John Krasinki would make a good Hank Pym. He's come a long way from the Office as he's shown to prove that he can be charismatic and serious.
tumblr_mg9yt9gEbp1qd5c54o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
If anything he's too much like Pym.

I think casting should focus on the Lang character now that we have a better idea that he'll probably be the focus.

I agree on Krasinski. He was great in Promised Land opposite Matt Damon, really showed a different side of him.

I could kind of see him playing the conflicted guy, just always very uneasy in general.

I am in two minds about Benedict Cumberbatch as Pym. Wolvieboy keeps reiterating the like of his being intense and brooding, and the commanding voice and theatricality etc, as if those are the only (or best) weapons in his armory. But he can do anything. And he has the facility to bring a depth and subtlety to the Pym character that would be the best they could get. His only limitation is really in his looks, and he doesn't look inappropriate for Pym. Even apart from the coincidences(?) pointed out before by Christopher_M, I can absolutely see why Edgar Wright would want him. In truth, if BC wants to do it, I don't think Edgar Wright will have looked past him. The bigger question is rather whether BC will want to do it.

I think BC would like to put a superhero under his belt, but I am not sure he would want to commit to multiple films. And I think it would/will depend on what he thinks he can do with the character versus what else he might potentially have on offer. Personally, if the Justice League Dark film has a chance of getting made, I think Constantine would be a better choice instead. But Guillermo has already fronted up about wanting to get Ben into his 20 year passion project of Frankenstein as well. Is the Justice League Dark film actually going to get made at all?

But as Doctor Strange, if they don't go young (which I think they are wanting to do) I could really see Richard Armitage or Jason Isaacs doing it.

Based on what we know, these Hank suggestions are too young. Should look for someone closer to 50, and suggesting younger guys for Lang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"