Arrow Arrow Season 3 Episode 12 "Uprising" discussion thread

The first two seasons were good, but still flawed.

Yes, but the good easily outweighed the bad.

The Flash is new and different, so people are forgiving a lot

I know. Personally, I usually only find the series to be of average quality, but I know I'm in the minority.

lets not forget Smallville was critically acclaimed too when it started.

That's because there was a time where it was legitimately good.

Berlanti and company are talented, but nowhere near the best producers and writers in the industry.

Oh, certainly not, but they're capable of producing great television. Writing them off so quickly would feel very fickle of me.

They've made some terrible decisions, but it'll take more than half a season to unravel two years' worth of goodwill.

That said...they've already burned through about half.

Yeah, they're getting close.

It's honestly bizzare. It reminds me of how some tv shows and movies felt during the writers strike about 8 or so years ago. You could see they had an outline, and then most shows had to cut it short.

That's what it feels like here. Some good general ideas that have been incredibly rushed. But the most annoying part is that this season is SO uneven. You have some genuinely interesting and fascinating ideas: Ollie's fight with Ra's, Ollie's "death", training with Malcolm...followed by some awful ones. The way Oliver survived was a huge slap in the face to our intelligence as viewers and made the mid season finale into cheap shock, the continued "let's pretend Sara is still alive" thing, or just the series of small but incredibly annoying inconsistentsies. How is Brick bullet proof? What was Brick's plan beyond terrorizing small buisness owners? How the hell van Lance flippantly point out to Roy that he knows who he is and not figure out Ollie is Arrow? HE'S KNOWN HIM FOR AT LEAST 7 YEARS.

All of these things, combined with the fact that this season had yet to have a focused narrative, have made it incredibly frustrating. In fact, in many ways it's the worst of them all so far. That could change...but honestly, at this point, the awful handling of Oliver's death has already sealed the deal for me.

It's really disappointing, especially coming off last season.

Last edited:
Yeah, they're getting close.

It's honestly bizzare. It reminds me of how some tv shows and movies felt during the writers strike about 8 or so years ago. You could see they had an outline, and then most shows had to cut it short.

That's what it feels like here. Some good general ideas that have been incredibly rushed. But the most annoying part is that this season is SO uneven. You have some genuinely interesting and fascinating ideas: Ollie's fight with Ra's, Ollie's "death", training with Malcolm...followed by some awful ones. The way Oliver survived was a huge slap in the face to our intelligence as viewers and made the mid season finale into cheap shock, the continued "let's pretend Sara is still alive" thing, or just the series of small but incredibly annoying inconsistentsies. How is Brick bullet proof? What was Brick's plan beyond terrorizing small buisness owners? How the hell van Lance flippantly point out to Roy that he knows who he is and not figure out Ollie is Arrow? HE'S KNOWN HIM FOR AT LEAST 7 YEARS.

All of these things, combined with the fact that this season had yet to have a focused narrative, have made it incredibly frustrating. In fact, in many ways it's the worst of them all so far. That could change...but honestly, at this point, the awful handling of Oliver's death has already sealed the deal for me.

It's really disappointing, especially coming off last season.

x7ahP.gif

These last three episodes should've been the season finale. Vinnie Jones as Brick has been absolutely fantastic, he could've carried the whole season as the villain.

Vinnie Jones provided to be more menacing and interesting than Noble's Ra's Al Ghul on this show imho.

well not enough of ra's al ghul......just 1 and 4 mins of screen time...I am expecting him to be more threatening in episode 15

These last three episodes should've been the season finale. Vinnie Jones as Brick has been absolutely fantastic, he could've carried the whole season as the villain.

Agreed.

I am sure they could have done it as a finale and set up Ra's al Ghul for season 4.....but the Glades control is too similar to the last two finale with chaos in the city. It would have to be readjusted with Oliver back or not?

Vinnie Jones provided to be more menacing and interesting than Noble's Ra's Al Ghul on this show imho.

He was fun, he was smart, he was physical. It's a three episode arc I could watch over and over again.

Maybe half a season villain he could definately be a threat. Starting from ep 10 to 23 where they build him up

Doesn't Brick know who Malcolm's daughter is now? Ollie and Merlyn were discussing her right in front of him while he was still conscious when Ollie was trying to talk Merlyn out of killing Brick. If Brick killed Malcolm's wife before, and now is alive in custody, when he inevitably breaks out, he'll most likely come after Thea.

And won't Brick figure out who Arrow is as well? Ollie talks about Thea, and also about how he remembers that Malcolm was a good father to Tommy. Only an idiot (like perhaps Det Lance?) would fail to make all the connections and figure it out.

Doesn't Brick know who Malcolm's daughter is now? Ollie and Merlyn were discussing her right in front of him while he was still conscious when Ollie was trying to talk Merlyn out of killing Brick. If Brick killed Malcolm's wife before, and now is alive in custody, when he inevitably breaks out, he'll most likely come after Thea.

And won't Brick figure out who Arrow is as well? Ollie talks about Thea, and also about how he remembers that Malcolm was a good father to Tommy. Only an idiot (like perhaps Det Lance?) would fail to make all the connections and figure it out.

I think he was unconscious? I'd have to go back and check to be sure. (They could probably swing it either way depending on plot. If anything, this was a decent move (If I'm right about him looking unconscious. Otherwise it's super dumb.)

I think he was unconscious? I'd have to go back and check to be sure. (They could probably swing it either way depending on plot. If anything, this was a decent move (If I'm right about him looking unconscious. Otherwise it's super dumb.)

I don't think he was unconscious. He was goading Malcolm to go ahead and shoot him, and then Malcolm was about to pull the trigger when Ollie intervened. Even a few punches to the head from Malcolm wouldn't have rendered Brick unconscious because he's too tough for that.

I don't think he was unconscious. He was goading Malcolm to go ahead and shoot him, and then Malcolm was about to pull the trigger when Ollie intervened. Even a few punches to the head from Malcolm wouldn't have rendered Brick unconscious because he's too tough for that.

Then it's super dumb.

Rewatched the scene again. Is a little ambiguous. He hits Brick with his gun and Brick falls to the ground and is lying pretty still, but he doesn't look like he hit him that hard and he's been hit with much more force before. So I don't know how that would knock him out. But I imagine they'll say he was unconscious otherwise Malcolm spouting all of that in front of him would be completely idiotic.

The writers have been inconsistent as hell when it comes to people getting injured this season.

Should have given some hint that Wildcat is alive but serious injury

Nothing from his beating even made me think he was dead in the first place.

I thought Oliver's "entrance" back to Starling City was underwhelming. The shot of his arrow coming down was cool, but then it was a major letdown there. They should've had him "zipline" down THEN, not when he was leaving the scene. That would've been more dramatic. Instead, he shoots an arrow from far away then scoots over to Merlyn...then holds a press conference? Lame.

Also, Thea has to be the dumbest character in TV history if she can't figure out Ollie is the Arrow. What a big coincidence, she's watching Arrow's press conference about his return then an hour later, Ollie shows up at her place. How can she not connect the dots?

I'm not as upset about this season as a lot of you are, but they definitely could've handled a few things differently, ESPECIALLY Oliver's "death" and "resurrection." It would've been SOOOO much better if he actually died and was resurrected via the Lazarus pit.

It doesn't make sense how Sara can die from a few arrows & a fall from a 2 or 3 story building, but Arrow can get a huge sword in his abdomen then fall half a mile down a cliff and not die. Spare me the "Arrow's will to live was strong" excuse they gave us.

Also apparently Brick can survive getting shot in the head, but Shado can't. Malcolm can survive getting impaled through the chest, but Moira can't. Lethality on this show is becoming increasingly plot-convenient. Also, for the (immortal) leader of an ancient society of ninja assassins, and who's killed countless people during his life, Ra's apparently really sucks at it. He cannot even kill one "boy" whom he outmatches in every way except for maybe muscle tone. Hell at least check the body to make sure that he's dead you moron. The writers made Ra's look really inept with the whole "Oliver was never dead" explanation.

Ollie's return from the dead (especially how he actually healed) and him showing back up was done so badly.:(

And i know a character is sopposed to evolve, but Felicity is becoming a tad annoying. How ironic that i'm starting to like Laurel more, and Felicity less….!

I see all these "Lance know can tell its Roy, but can't figure out it's Oliver under the green hood?" complaints, but didn't Lance know Roy was working with the Arrow in season 2?

Also apparently Brick can survive getting shot in the head, but Shado can't. Malcolm can survive getting impaled through the chest, but Moira can't. Lethality on this show is becoming increasingly plot-convenient. Also, for the (immortal) leader of an ancient society of ninja assassins, and who's killed countless people during his life, Ra's apparently really sucks at it. He cannot even kill one "boy" whom he outmatches in every way except for maybe muscle tone. Hell at least check the body to make sure that he's dead you moron. The writers made Ra's look really inept with the whole "Oliver was never dead" explanation.

Brick can also survive getting shot in the head and remain conscious, but Malcolm hits him with his gun, no harder than some others who have clobbered him in the face, and he apparently is knocked out so that Malcolm can have his conversation with Ollie, which otherwise would be extremely dumb to have right in front of Brick.

I see all these "Lance know can tell its Roy, but can't figure out it's Oliver under the green hood?" complaints, but didn't Lance know Roy was working with the Arrow in season 2?
I mentioned that in another post and Roy made it obvious that one time in the hospital after he crashed his own car that he was looking to find the arrow & work for him.

Which lance noticed as well as Laurel & thea basically said it out loud to every one there that's what "Roy was up to" when ollie pulled him away to have a talk with him as himself & "not in his arrow disguise ". how could captain lance not know? I guess alot of that or forgotten by the others here about that Episode. but I was also one of the few that knew sara worked at the bar too as a bartender which some others forgot that thea knew sara was alive for a while too besides seeing her at the mansion they once live in. this stuff happens.

Last edited:
Why does everyone still have a problem with Lance and Oliver. They've made it VERY CLEAR, that Lance is forcing himself to deny/repress any knowledge of who the Arrow is. I'm sure he does know, he just doesn't acknowledge it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"