Assassin's Creed Unity Thread - Part 1

Why would you torture yourself and play it twice? Even with the good games, I could never do that two playthroughs that soon. I ended up trading my game in to Best Buy for $28 today and considering I got it for free, Im glad I got that much.

Oh and I may not care for Unity but I would never compare it to AC1. I think one would need to replay that to fully appreciate just how repetitive it was. Unity has alot more variety and didnt follow the same exact formula for every memory

I really hope they port Rogue to PS4/X1. I havent heard anything about the PC version in a while. One would expect them to all release simultaneously

Soon? It's been two months since I played the game for the first time LOL. I played AC1, and I couldn't help but feel that they are very similar. I like Unity, but it still is a big disappointment for me.

I got Unity and I thought it was disappointing. Visually it was less impressive than I would of liked. Technically they pushed the anvil system to his limits with the amount of people they could show on screen and the massive size of Paris. Something I can't believe I'm going to say but I really miss Desmond . He made me care about the fight and people outside of the animus. There was always more you were learning about the history of the Assassin vs Templar war threw him.

I liked the game quite a bit. Perhaps it's colored by my receiving it as a gift and having low expectations, but I was very pleased with what I got.

I stopped playing this months ago because of all the bugs and I was fundamentally opposed to how so much content was hidden behind the Initiates web service and mobile app. Out of the blew I picked up where I left off last night to discover that Ubisoft got rid of the locked content. By that I mean all the content is still there (gear, chests, etc), but you are no longer required to play Initiates nor the Mobile App to unlock them. Excited about that.

That happened about 3 months too late. They probably looked at their stats and realized no one was using those apps

Yeah, I'm hopeful that they don't make the same mistake for the next game. That was such a huge hassle/turn off for me originally.

I had been borrowing this from a friend, but I ended up giving it back to him. I didn't even finish half of the campaign.

I haven't picked this title up at all since the gf gave me GTAV for Christmas. I really want to love it but haven't really looked back.

Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Announced
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/31/assassins-creed-chronicles-trilogy-announced

Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Trailer

[YT]JapuE16BPrY[/YT]
yup saw it.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy announced
Published 1 hour ago. 19 comments.
2.5D games take players to China, India, and Russia.

ACC-Trilogy-Ann.jpg

Ubisoft has announced the Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy, a set of three games for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC that will take players to China, India, and Russia to follow the stories of three famous Assassins.
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China was originally announced last September as part of Assassin’s Creed Unity‘s season pass. It will be the first game to release on April 21 in North America and April 22 in Europe for $9.99.
The other two games, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India and Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia will follow at later dates.
All three games are developed by Climax Studios, and bring the Assassin’s Creed series to the 2.5D realm. Here’s the full outline:
Players will journey to three distinct civilizations and time periods throughout history including the Ming dynasty at the start of its downfall, the Sikh Empire as it prepares for war in India and the aftermath of the Red October revolution. Each chronicle stands on its own with a unique setting, art style, story and Assassin, but is tied together narratively.
Players will embody legendary Assassins, including Shao Jun from the animated short Assassin’s Creed Embers, and Arbaaz Mir and Nikolaï Orelov from the Assassin’s Creed graphic novels. Slay from the shadows, master the art of parkour and take the leap of faith in a collection of stunning, living paintings. Each chronicle has its own artistic signature, from the beautiful brush paintings of China to the vibrant colors of India and the distinctive propaganda art style of Russia.
Watch the Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy announcement trailer below.

[YT]y-3-4L9bs2o[/YT]
View new screenshots for each game at their respective gallery: China, India, Russia.

visit gallery »

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia, Climax Studios, Clips, Game Announce, Screenshots, Trailers, Ubisoft
source: Gematsu

That actually looks pretty interesting, much more interested in these settings than the ones we've gotten recently, too. I'll try out the China one at least when it comes out since it's so cheap.

Just want to add to this thread...I didn't buy Unity when it first came out due to the release version being such a buggy mess. But recently I bought the game having heard they patched it quite a bit and can say that the game runs great now. I haven't run into a single glitch or issue. The game is beautiful and I think it might be one of my favorite in the series.

I forget about that China side-scroller. Anyone play it? Is it any good?

I forget about that China side-scroller. Anyone play it? Is it any good?

I did (i'm an unrepentant die-hard AC fan.haha) and you know what? It was really enjoyable. A bit short but then the game was only $10. Story was entertaining...basic revenge story. Levels were well designed.

For $10 it's worth a download if you like a purely stealth based game. You can fight...and the fighting is fun but it really shines more as a stealth game.

I bought Unity about a week ago on PS4. It was cheap and I haven't played the series in few years. The game is fun but the frame rate feels bad very often when walking around. I would have expected it to be fixed by now. Also stiff movement of Arno doesn't help at all. I don't remember it being like that in the past games. I have also something to say about the graphics. The lighting effects look really good but other than that I don't like how the game looks. Maybe it has something to do with the resoluton. Also the game glitches a lot.

Last edited:
I bought Unity about a week ago on PS4. It was cheap and I haven't played the series in few years. The game is fun but the frame rate feels bad very often when walking around. I would have expected it to be fixed by now. Also stiff movement of Arno doesn't help at all. I don't remember it being like that in the past games. I have also something to say about the graphics. The lighting effects look really good but other than that I don't like how the game looks. Maybe it has something to do with the resoluton. Also the game glitches a lot.

You should go back and play the previous games. The movement is a lot more stiff in the peevious games. Arno is about as flyid as it gets in an AC game. The onlyreal issue is there is so many NPCs and general debris all over the place that he gets hung on **** and climbs stuff that you dont want him to climb. But other than that Arno's movement is a big improvement over the earlier games.

About the glitches, sounds like you may have had a bad install. It shouldnt be having that many problems. Uninstall it and reinstall the game and all the updates. Hopefully that will help. On my PS4 the game runs like a champ now. Tho truth be told, I didnt have many issues even on day one prior to the patches. Some NPCs would pop in and out in odd ways, but other than that it ran as smooth as any otherAC game.

As for resolution, the game is either a 900p or 1080p resolution. What sort of tv are you playing the game on and do you have your PS4 hooked up with an HDMI cable?

I recently played the game for the first time and I didn't have many big issues with it, aside from long loading times to boot. As far as the movement is concerned, I felt it was a nice change of pace from previous games. I played Black Flag a couple of weeks ago and it felt like a big step backwards.

As for the graphics, I feel like they were more ambitious than they were in Syndicate, but that could also be why the game suffered many bugs. But I felt the character models and designs were much better and detailed in Unity.

You should go back and play the previous games. The movement is a lot more stiff in the peevious games. Arno is about as flyid as it gets in an AC game. The onlyreal issue is there is so many NPCs and general debris all over the place that he gets hung on **** and climbs stuff that you dont want him to climb. But other than that Arno's movement is a big improvement over the earlier games.

About the glitches, sounds like you may have had a bad install. It shouldnt be having that many problems. Uninstall it and reinstall the game and all the updates. Hopefully that will help. On my PS4 the game runs like a champ now. Tho truth be told, I didnt have many issues even on day one prior to the patches. Some NPCs would pop in and out in odd ways, but other than that it ran as smooth as any otherAC game.

As for resolution, the game is either a 900p or 1080p resolution. What sort of tv are you playing the game on and do you have your PS4 hooked up with an HDMI cable?
Yeah it's hard to freerun because Arno doesn't always go where you would want him to go. Going in windows is really hard. You guys might be right about the movement in previous games because I don't remember it exactly.

I don't think there is anything wrong with my install. I may have exaggerated a bit but the fps gets bad in areas with a lot of people. It doesn't feel that it's anywhere near 30fps. The resolution on PS4 is 900p so that could be the reason why it looks kind of blurry. I have an HDTV. The graphics look great in close ups during the cutscenes but I don't think it looks very pleasing when walking around. Hard to say what the reason is. The NPCs glitch a lot and I can see their texture quality changing. :)

Last edited:
Just bought this and I was gonna start playing it until I'm done with Black Flag but I decided to download the ginormous update, so I am now in sequence 2.

I think the city looks great. I don't know if the graphics are better than Black Flag. The lighting of the outdoor setting is too bright and I really noticed that. Though my favorite about this, visually is you can enter the buildings and the big landmarks. I haven't went to the underground stuff. I also like the layout of the menu, though the quit game option is missing. Paris looks good and I can't wait to see the rest. Though from the map, it looks quite small compare to Black Flag. Then I dislike that you cannot regenerate your health and the enemies are quite hard, like I stabbed the one with the ax like nine times, and he was still alive, I was killed like five times just trying to open the chest. I'll be playing this again when I'm done with Black Flag and I could use this game as a break from naval missions. Though I already hated the third mission, sneaking inside the palace.

So I am playing this right now and I cannot believe how shorter this game so far compare to Black Flag. I'm already done with sequence 4, 1/3 of the main missions and the one that I'm really focusing on so far are the side quests (just picking stuff from the streets basically and those easy assassinations). While the main missions felt like the side quests for me as I expected the sequences to feature more missions and everytime I got a trophy and I'm like that's it? I have yet to start the Paris Stories, Murder Mysteries, Social Club missions and those Nosterafu riddles as I don't feel like doing them and I'm also waiting for more upgrades. I think I'll save the Helix missions after the main story is over as the scenery in sequence 3 just creeped me out. The co op missions/heists are instant skip for me as I'm not into online gaming and that automatically makes the game shorter for me.

Unlike Black Flag, this isn't as time consuming and its not as addictive. The map is also quite small imo and makes it less exciting for me. Though I think I could finish this by next week, if I keep playing this 2 to 4 hours a day and with Black Flag, I played it almost all day and I got rest days just for it. And is it just me or the night scenes are only available during missions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"