Avengers Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been able to access the game for almost 20 hours now.

Why not? There doesn't appear to be any problem for me on my end.

Why not? There doesn't appear to be any problem for me on my end.

Was getting the Shield is running critical diagnostics on all sub systems all night on my laptop and now im still getting it using Puffin on my tablet.

Reading the Playdom forums, I'm not the only one having this issue.

Forging 'Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2'

Producer Justin Woods goes in-depth on creating the hotly-anticipated sequel!

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/25545/forging_marvel_avengers_alliance_2

For over three years, Marvel fans on Facebook have thrilled to the adventure presented in “Marvel: Avengers Alliance.” Soon, the game will evolve to its next level with “Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2,” hitting mobile soon.

We spoke with Producer Justin Woods on what to expect from this bold new endeavor, including the heroes, the villains, the story, and much more!

Marvel.com: What is the basic premise of “Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2”?

Justin Woods: “Avengers Alliance 2” is a mobile-only RPG sequel to the hit Facebook game “Marvel: Avengers Alliance.” It does not require any previous knowledge from MAA1 to enjoy. However, it does continue the story of Incursions and the effects they are having on the multiverse, as well as heroes and villains vying for the power of the mysterious ISO-8, which we set into motion in MAA1. Players new to the game won’t feel like they missed out, but MAA1 players will feel right at home with the new story.

Marvel.com: How does it differ from “Avengers Alliance”? What changes are you most excited about?

Justin Woods: Great question! Well of course the game is 3D now, as opposed to the 2D look of MAA1. However, we wanted to stay true to the successful formula of three on three turn-based RPG combat that made MAA1 such a beloved game, but some changes were necessary to make the game appropriate to the mobile marketplace and playing on the go. You will see some features have changed very little, such as slotting ISO-8 and our character classes, both of which have seen some small key improvements to their design. On the other hand some features have been reimagined; for example in place of MAA1’s distress calls we now have the ability to bring in one of your friend’s heroes in every combat and use their exact load-out and stats as if they were one of your own heroes! We also wanted to make each hero feel even more unique from one another, so rather than give every hero a Stamina meter that was used for their abilities, there are several different “Secondary Resources” in the game that each hero could possibly use. From Hulk’s “Rage” meter that builds up as he is hit, to War Machine’s “Ammo” that is required for a number of his abilities.

But there are some really big changes as well. Ultimately we decided that in MAA2 it made sense to have your S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent from MAA1 be promoted to a S.H.I.E.L.D. Commander. As-such you will no longer fight with an Agent in your missions. In order to not lose the high amount of customizability that the Agents had with their weapons and gear, we have given you the power to customize what abilities each hero enters battle with. This is a major difference from the standard four abilities every hero had in MAA1.

Now you will go into each fight with a team of six heroes—three on the front lines, and three in your reserve ready to tactically swap in or fill the spot of a defeated ally. Each of these six heroes will have a loadout of three customized abilities—out of eight choices for each hero at launch—plus a default “Tactical Ability” that is unique to each hero and always available; this takes the place of “Recharge” from MAA1. With so many heroes and so many abilities to choose from, the possibilities for strategy are endless. This is probably the most exciting change to MAA2.

Marvel.com: What is the story we’ll be following in-game?

Justin Woods: In MAA2 we will be entering a world ravaged by Incursions, the space between two universes that are in the process of colliding with each other. If one of the Earths is not destroyed during the Incursion, the two universes will collide and will be destroyed. As if this wasn’t bad enough, Incursions also create ISO-8, a crystal filled with immense power that can give abilities to normal people or enhance the potential of those that are already super-powered. Heroes and villains alike are vying fighting over ISO-8, and you can use it to empower your heroes in MAA2. To top all of this off, Hydra has found a way to harness the power of Incursions and ISO-8 alike, which has them crossing paths with our heroes early and often.

Marvel.com: Who will be among the initial heroes made playable?

Justin Woods: Well of course, since it’s an Avengers game, you can expect Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, and Hulk. In addition we’ve announced that Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot will be launching with the game. Beyond that we’ve got a great mix of heroes from every edge of the Marvel Universe, including favorites like Spider-Man and She-Hulk.

In addition, MAA2’s new costumes will be brand new characters with their own unique eight—or more—swappable abilities, their own passive traits, their own Tactical Ability, and possibly a different Secondary Resource than their other versions. That means you could bring several Spider-Men into the same combat if you want. A dream come true for me!

Marvel.com: Who will be among the initial villains we’ll be taking on?

Justin Woods: Chapter 1 is focused on the Sinister Six, led by the maniacal Green Goblin. Chapter 2 takes us to the sovereign nation of A.I.M. Island where we will face off against M.O.D.O.K and his generals. In Chapter 3 we will take off to Knowhere to help the Guardians of the Galaxy take on Thanos’ minions and the likes of Ronan the Accuser. There are over 50 enemies in the first three chapters of the game. There are also many more missions to come in the future, with Chapter 4 coming soon as well.

Marvel.com: How big is the scope of this game?

Justin Woods: There is a great deal of progression and depth in the game. Here are just a few examples. Every chapter has three difficulties where you will face off against different bosses and different paths through the story, not to mention new abilities on the earlier bosses. To earn playable villains in the game you must complete a huge set of tasks for each chapter—referred to as “Chapter Mastery”—including playing through on all three difficulties. As mentioned earlier, all heroes have eight different abilities to swap into three slots however you’d like to customize them. These abilities each have four different ranks you can progress them through individually, with a new feature called “Trials,” to add to their damage or other gameplay effects. Heroes also have the same rank system, where you can increase their star rank through Trials.

We also have PVP tournaments with hero rewards, Scouting Missions to track down materials needed to level up your heroes, and Daily Tasks to earn valuable Power Cells and experience. But of course, we have a ton of other great features and content in the works that we plan to announce in the near future.

Don’t forget to go to www.MarvelAvengersAlliance2.com to sign up for our newsletter. If you do, you’ll be awarded with a Power Cell that gives you a free Guardians of the Galaxy character when the game has been released worldwide.

Stay tuned to Marvel.com and our social channels for the latest on “Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2”!

yeah I read that last night

Marvel: Avengers Alliance

December 11 at 12:00pm ·

Go inside the upcoming Marvel: Avengers Alliance game with Sr. Producer Justin Woods and Marvel!

Forging 'Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2'

Producer Justin Woods goes in-depth on creating the hotly-anticipated sequel!
Play

MARVEL.COM

It should be interesting the only similar to tactic's is that your agent isn't in t5he field with the heroes any more. but un like tactic's you can have 6heroes in the field and tactic's was version of the X-com from Fire axis where you build and expand your HQ and enhance your heroic agents oh and I think they will add the fantastic four & x-men . the only game I saw they were excluded was in marvel future fight.

Every other game from marvel hero, contest of champion's and ego has had them and since the failure the recent FF movie fox has caved & went to marvel to ask them to make x-men tv series and have better working relation ship with marvel even.and marvel green lite it . Though I'd rather marvel get the full rights back. And those other games were as effected by the movies as some think

Last edited:
So they announced a bunch of stuff today, but I still can't play. The email I got from tech support basically said they know about it and are working on it.

There is some very cool stuff:

Howard the Duck Lockbox (Tactician)
Squirrel Girl Alt

SPEC OP 32: Follow The Leader
Reward Hero - Red She-Hulk (Generalist)

New Team Ups
Code Red
Bonus for bringing two heroes who were part of Code Red
Till Death Do Us Part
Bonus for bringing Hulk and Red She-Hulk
Red Relation
Bonus for bringing Red Hulk and Red-She Hulk
Red Herring
Bonus for bringing Domino, Elektra, Red She-Hulk or Thundra

New Lockbox Hero - Winter Soldier (Infiltrator)

New Team Ups
Shield Bearers
Bonus for bringing heroes who have been Captain America

Man on the Wall
Bonus for bringing Winter Soldier and Quake

Fellow Travelers
Bonus for bringing Black Widow and Winter Soldier

Group Boss - Zzzax
New Villain – The Leader

Chapter 10
Count Nefaria as a boss
Next Worthy Uniform: Worthy Daimon Hellstrom as Angrir, Breaker of Souls
New Heroic Battles
M1: Hercules Vs Constrictor
M2: Chase Stein & Victor Mancha Vs Thor
M3: Captain Britain & Kitty Pryde Vs Arcade
M4: Blade & Morbius Vs Dracula & Vampires
M5: Mr. Fantastic & Magneto Vs Ronan
M6: Black Bolt & Medusa Vs Maximus the Mad & Bots

PVP 27
Reward Hero – Hellcat (Patsy Walker)

I wonder when we'll get SO32 though. The current SO is almost running until Christmas. Maybe Howard the Duck's lockbox task will run over the holidays and SO32 will be in the New Year?

And finally some use for Blackbolt, although you probably could still use him if he is provided as part of the team ups anyway. Are we ever going to need him in an SO as a deploy requirement?

Last edited:
Lots of good stuff there. 5 new heroes coming in the next couple months (added in Colleen Wing who was previously announced as the PVP 26 hero) and alts for 2 other heroes. Nice to see they're still churning out some neat things.

I think Hellcat was probably fast tracked because of Jessica Jones. Now if only we could also get Nighthawk as well. Then we could have a version of the Defenders. It would be nice to eventually have Namor and Silver Surfer though, but I'd be content with Nighthawk, Valkyrie, Hellcat, Hulk and Dr Strange.

We'd have to get a Defenders SO at some point though, when the Netflix series comes out, but that might be more based on the TV Defenders than the comic ones, which would then not be that different to this Jessica Jones SO.

Who would be the new character of a TV Defenders SO? I would suggest Shang Chi. I have no idea if he'll be on the show, but there's been some grumbling of "Why don't we cast an Asian guy as Iron Fist?" and I'm over here like "or we could have Shang Chi on the show too and call it a day?"

Since Punisher is showing up in Daredevil season 2, and we got Patsy Walker in Jessica Jones, I don't see why Shang Chi couldn't show up in Iron Fist.

He might be in an Iron Fist related SO first because it will happen before we get to the TV Defenders. I don't know who they could do for the hero for that one since we already have Misty Knight and we're getting Colleen Wing. But then I don't know who they would do for the Luke Cage SO.

Maybe we'll finally get an Alt of Luke in his original uniform with the headband and the afro.

Since Punisher is showing up in Daredevil season 2, and we got Patsy Walker in Jessica Jones, I don't see why Shang Chi couldn't show up in Iron Fist.

He might be in an Iron Fist related SO first because it will happen before we get to the TV Defenders. I don't know who they could do for the hero for that one since we already have Misty Knight and we're getting Colleen Wing. But then I don't know who they would do for the Luke Cage SO.

How far away is the Defenders Netflix show anyway? Like 2 years almost if we get Daredevil S2 and Luke Cage in 2016, and then Iron Fist and Defenders in 2017. Who knows if this game will still be around then.

How far away is the Defenders Netflix show anyway? Like 2 years almost if we get Daredevil S2 and Luke Cage in 2016, and then Iron Fist and Defenders in 2017. Who knows if this game will still be around then.
they just recently picked up the director for the show of Iron fist so. '

Comic Book Resources

17 hrs ·

Now that the Marvel/Netflix series has a showrunner, more information about the show has begun to get out.

"Iron Fist" Shooting Title, Character Descriptions Revealed
Now that the Marvel/Netflix series has a showrunner, more information about the show has begun to get out.
COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

It'll be likely some time around fall possibly if they don't do Moon knight first. but we'll see.

Last edited:
Maybe we'll finally get an Alt of Luke in his original uniform with the headband and the afro.

I hope so. That would become my default alt for Luke Cage. It would be nice if they even call it Power Man instead of just Original or Classic Luke Cage.

I hope so. That would become my default alt for Luke Cage. It would be nice if they even call it Power Man instead of just Original or Classic Luke Cage.
It happened for other games. It might happen here as well . "Might" We'll have to wait and see

Blade & Morbius Vs Dracula & Vampires
Black Bolt & Medusa Vs Maximus the Mad & Bots

I'm looking forward to those two heroic battles.

Bought another 50 Enchanted LBs and I'm still one cover away from getting Enchantress. Grrrrr. And I have this sinking feeling that I'm not getting Boomerang either, not with only 150+ LBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"