Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Avengers World' started by Thread Manager, Jun 5, 2013.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Maybe in this show it's just an Asgardian weapon. Why can't Loki have a scepter?

2. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

They went out of their way to make that scepter (not to mention Loki's whole attire) look exactly like it did in the movie. Like it's part of his look now just as much as the horned helmet, and the kids wouldn't know that it was him unless he had a crucial plot device he shouldn't reasonably have in this situation.

3. TheVileOne

But why can't he have it? In the movie it was a weapon given to him by Thanos.

In the show it's a weapon he wields. So why can't he have a weapon or a staff that happens to look like the one he had in the movie?

4. ericadawn16

ericadawn16 Well-Known Member

We don't actually know the current whereabouts, maybe Loki even stole it back from SHIELD...

I enjoyed the show. I thought it even worked if you knew more than the average viewer, like the Norse legend about the Serpent being Loki's son.

5. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

I wonder why they felt the need to completely cancel Earth's Mightiest Heroes when they could have just redone the character designs to make them more in-line with the movies like they wanted.

I can only surmise that once they brought Loeb in he wanted to start a new cartoon completely in his vision from the ground up so he had EMH cease production. ****.

The cartoon isn't even bad, but I don't like how they don't use any comic book storylines from the comics, which was a big reason why EMH was so good to me. They really cared about the comics. With this show, the scenarios are just so boring.

6. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Agreed. I think the show has got better as it's gone along (I thought the first few episodes were awful). However, I'm really annoyed that they don't use any comic book story lines. I'm also annoyed by the lack of women. Widow is the only female in the show and she sometimes doesn't turn up.

7. Zant

Zant Well-Known Member

Seems like EMH already did all the classic stories. They are struggling for epic stories. I still wonder why Thanos has not been used yet in any of the Avengers shows.

8. Lord

Lord All Mighty

Major reason i see for them cancelling is for all the Marvel shows to be set in the same continuity, which Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble and Hulk: Agents of Smash do

I also wonder why, are they waiting until they are closer to the release of the film where the Avengers fight Thanos? Maybe Earth mightiest heroes had that planed for the 3rd season, or maybe this show will cover it soon.

9. TheVileOne

Thanos isn't even in Avengers 2. So why the rush to see Thanos in this show?

10. Frico

Frico The Man Without Fear

This might actually be it considering they've pushed/started that "Share Your Universe" thing.

11. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Huh? They weren't even close to using all of the classic storylines. To use them all would take them years and years. They barely scratched the surface.

If that were really the case they could have just rolled Ultimate Spider-Man into EMH's universe.

12. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Yesterday's eppy was my favorite of the AA show so far. If any character is benefitting from this show, it's the Hulk. Unlike EMH where he was excluded from episodes on a regular basis, he's just as much the focal point as Iron Man in this series. I like the idea that Marvel is no longer afraid to show the Hulk as a character aware of his past mistakes and the threat that his power level poses.

13. Lord

Lord All Mighty

They may not find it that easy in their minds, from what i know Earth's Mightiest Heroes already had an universe atributed to it, so the writers just decided to start fresh instead of merging both universes. This is the only explanation i can get, instead of redesigning like Batman the animated series season 4 did, they just started fresh.

14. TheVileOne

It's a good way of capitalizing on Hulk's character from the Avengers movie.

But I definitely agree in that this show and Agents of SMASH they show that Hulk himself is aware of how dangerous he can be instead of being mr. grumpy, anti-social, I'll smash you if you look at me funny. I like that Hulk entrusts Iron Man and Black Widow with the ability to destroy him if he gets out of control.

It reminds me of Superman giving Batman the kryptonite ring.

15. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Man Marvel sure is serious about increasing Hulk's popularity with the GA, I don't blame them after HULK and TIH.

16. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

17. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I'm not sure it's possible to increase Hulk's notoriety with GenPop. Hulk is still Marvel's #2 character in terms of name recognition, and but he's never going to be close to Spider-man.

What AA and AOS is doing is introducing Hulk to very small children. The live action Hulk movies, Avengers, and even the recent Hulk animated DVDs (Planet, VS) are a little too scary for a child of say, 4 or 5. The animated toons make him seem gruff, but still lovable for wee Marvelites.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  18. TheVileOne

I'm glad they are making Hulk more like a hero now. It is something the two live action movies handled very poorly.

19. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson Well-Known Member

True. I like that a lot too.

20. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

21. TheVileOne

It's not coming back. Avengers Assemble is the new show in the post-Avengers movie world.

22. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

Sitting through episode 3, and wow, just, WOW
    Can they make the characters more annoying? The only ones not damaged are Cap and Falcon

23. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

Give them time.It's early yet.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  24. TheVileOne

Next episode preview! The Wrecking Crew and THE IMPOSSIBLE MAN! Impy, **** yeah!

[YT]blNcJOiNOqc[/YT]

25. Panthro

Panthro Team Language

Also makes it easier to have him on a team of heroes by having him try to act like one. Legend has it the reason he got taken off the team back in the early 60s was that the writers felt having him was a mistake due to his anti-social nature, which they weren't sure how to write in a team setting.

Not that being anti-social ever stopped Wolverine from doing his thing with multiple teams.