Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War SPOILER User Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Spider-Man came to save Iron Man in New York, it really hit me that Marvel actually pulled off the big crossover/shared universe stuff. It felt like a living and breathing comic book.

Considering the plethora of characters and locations in this, and character groups we've never seen before, this was a wonderful achievement for Marvel.

Great action scenes, some really badass moments. One of my faves being with Team Cap saving Wanda and Vision in Scotland. Thor in Wakanda was great!

Oh and Spider-Man's death, with Tony holding him and Peter essentially crying to him was really heartbreaking, I nearly cried, f**k.

Only issues I have with the film is why Strange didn't just reverse time with the Time Stone and stopped certain events from happening? And why it seemed like Thanos wasn't using the Gauntlet and the stones to their full potential, he could have killed anyone, but didn't. And Bruce/Hulk's "performance issues", sure it was different to see and nice to see Bruce just being Bruce, but it felt very tacked on. Maybe it's a result of him being Hulk for so long in the events of Ragnarok, but it just seemed unnecessary.

A great film, not perfect but really impressive, such a downer of an ending and a shocking cliffhanger, I was on the edge of my seat when Thanos snapped his fingers, my heart was racing at that point, and a great use of all the characters in the film.

Oh and Thanos is probably one of the best MCU villains so far, he seemed really fleshed out, and formidable, something we don't get a lot of with MCU villains. Well worth the wait to see him be the villain after his first appearance since "The Avengers".

When Spider-Man came to save Iron Man in New York, it really hit me that Marvel actually pulled off the big crossover/shared universe stuff. It felt like a living and breathing comic book.

Yes! That was one of my favourite parts of the film, having a very "street/ground level" battle that felt very personal. It was a great way to start off the film, on the streets of New York and seeing civilians running away.

Just out of seeing it - amazing! Delivered on the promise of a giant team up in so many way, while also delivering a fantastic story. The way the Guardians and the Avengers worked together in movie felt natural, and the teams had a good dynamic

Sure, there are issues in terms of storylines being lost for long stretches (I kept being like "oh yeah, those guys are still around"), and I feel like skipping 2 years between CW and this is doing a disservice to the story that CW set up (all is forgiven?) but this works so well that its hard to care too much.

If I had one gripe, it's that the cliffhanger is only a cliffhanger in so much as we don't know *how* the chaos will be undone. It doesn't feel significantly permanent and I was left with a sense of 'ok, what's next' rather than the intended 'all my favourite characters are dead'.

I hope we get to see all the heroes together in a4. There are some other interactions I want to see. Also was Hiddleston scene filming a4 at all?

Need to re-watch because I missed the first 5-10 minutes due to ****ed up public transport issues (Had to catch a freakin cab!!). So I'll hold off on my review till then. Booked to watch it a 2nd time tomorrow.

One thing I found funny was Wakandans are a hi-tech nation but they don't have drones ;P (More of a playful nit pick. Wouldn't be much of a battle if T'challa is just pressing buttons form a command centre)

I also thought that Dr Strange really stood out. I've always thought he was a better character when functioning with others even in the comics. Really functioned well in tandem with Iron man and co.

Love the way Thor was depicted. Sometimes you forget he is actually a "god", and seeing him get a arrogant and dismissive swag around the guardians was cool. The chemistry between Rocket and Thor was better than what Gunn tried to do with Rocket and Yondu.

The Hulk deception. I'm all for creative marketing to misdirect audience's but wow this has to be a first. I know where in a spoiler forum, but I dont' want to go into too much detail. But we know what they did (or didn't do) regarding Banner.

Thanks mate, got 3 other showings booked with more to come likely. When are you seeing it?

Officially seeing it probably May 11 or 12. But I have already spoiled myself rotten and watched a bunch of clips. It’s hard waiting to see it.

Need to re-watch because I missed the first 5-10 minutes due to ****ed up public transport issues (Had to catch a freakin cab!!). So I'll hold off on my review till then. Booked to watch it a 2nd time tomorrow.

One thing I found funny was Wakandans are a hi-tech nation but they don't have drones ;P (More of a playful nit pick. Wouldn't be much of a battle if T'challa is just pressing buttons form a command centre)

I also thought that Dr Strange really stood out. I've always thought he was a better character when functioning with others even in the comics. Really functioned well in tandem with Iron man and co.

Love the way Thor was depicted. Sometimes you forget he is actually a "god", and seeing him get a arrogant and dismissive swag around the guardians was cool. The chemistry between Rocket and Thor was better than what Gunn tried to do with Rocket and Yondu.

The Hulk deception. I'm all for creative marketing to misdirect audience's but wow this has to be a first. I know where in a spoiler forum, but I dont' want to go into too much detail. But we know what they did (or didn't do) regarding Banner.

Dude, the first 5-10 minutes are key ! You will probably see a few things differently, especially with Thor, after seeing them.

Cheers.

Officially seeing it probably May 11 or 12. But I have already spoiled myself rotten and watched a bunch of clips. It’s hard waiting to see it.

I’m a disgrace. Spoiled myself even though I was seeing it so early anyway. :woot:

Don’t worry, I can tell you it’s amazing even if you know exactly what’s going to happen.

Yay I can finally join the spoiler threads! Now to trawl through 13 pages to find out what everyone's been saying!!

Dude, the first 5-10 minutes are key ! You will probably see a few things differently, especially with Thor, after seeing them.

Cheers.

ARRRGHH I was hoping I didn't miss much :( I saw the gem lock into Thanos gauntlet, Thor in that gimp mask, and then Loki pontificating before getting choked. I'm so annoyed.

I tried to book another screening the same day, but the seats were sold out. Ah well, there's a nice early screening tomorrow I've just booked.

I hope we get to see all the heroes together in a4. There are some other interactions I want to see. Also was Hiddleston scene filming a4 at all?

I'll spoiler tag just in case

There were set pictures of them recreating the last scene from Avengers where Thor was taking Loki back to Asgard, and Loki had that thing over his mouth. What that means is anyone's guess.

I was on the edge of my seat for a Brie Larson cameo after the credits. Can't wait to see how they explain her absence.

I think she left earth in the 90's and just went to a planet or part of space that has different time physics. Kinda like in interstellar, when Cooper and his team were on that planet for an hour, but an hour translated to like 10 years on the station, or something wacky like that.

Carol has been gone for a year in her time, but 20+ years have passed since she was here in the 90's.

I’m a disgrace. Spoiled myself even though I was seeing it so early anyway. :woot:

Don’t worry, I can tell you it’s amazing even if you know exactly what’s going to happen.

Oh for sure I can’t wait to see it. I always spoil myself, it just gets me even more excited and pumped up!

I was on the edge of my seat for a Brie Larson cameo after the credits. Can't wait to see how they explain her absence.

I think she left earth in the 90's and just went to a planet or part of space that has different time physics. Kinda like in interstellar, when Cooper and his team were on that planet for an hour, but an hour translated to like 10 years on the station, or something wacky like that.

Carol has been gone for a year in her time, but 20+ years have passed since she was here in the 90's.

Or maybe her half-Kree physiology allows her to age much, much slower

It's fitting that Nick Fury goes out saying "muthaf..."

I'll spoiler tag just in case

There were set pictures of them recreating the last scene from Avengers where Thor was taking Loki back to Asgard, and Loki had that thing over his mouth. What that means is anyone's guess.

Man this gonna be a long wait lol

Just got back from seeing it, wow! It was incredible. I cannot wait for Avengers 4.

Pros

- Thanos was a great villain and what I didn’t expect was to like him so much. By that I mean I totally got his motivations and even felt for him in the softer moments
- the humour was greatly balanced, only there when necessary
- the action scenes were breathtaking
- the Red Skull appearing, wow did that shock me. I wasn’t expecting that at all and it blew me away.
- Seeing characters interact like Quill and Stark, Peter and Strange, etc. Just a joy.
All this and so much more...

Cons aka Minor nitpicks

- the CG for the female child of Thanos was awful, looked like a video game.
- I wanted more Cap, by that I mean dialogue, he didn’t say much. But that’s it.
- Banner not been able to turn into Hulk got a little silly
- Post Credit scene teasingly Captain Marvel. I get it and she’ll probably be in Avengers 4 but why would he contact her and not try one of the Avengers? It made no sense imo

Oh for sure I can’t wait to see it. I always spoil myself, it just gets me even more excited and pumped up!

Yep same here.

The wait for Avenger 4 is going to seem a long time now even though it's only a year away. What an epic event and can't wait to see what part Cap Marvel plays.

So I have a theory:

What if the reason the original avengers all survived were so they could be killed off properly?
Let's face it, nobody who got ashed will stay dead through A4 so those left behind will have to face Thanos or whatever in an attempt to rescue everyone. It'd make sense if Cap, Thor, Tony, Rhodey, Nat, Nebula, Okoye or Rocket were the ones to properly die. Most are founding avengers (or in Rhodey's case a long term hero) or secondary enough they can carry on without them (Okoye would have a huge impact on Wakanda, but lets face it nobody is left to mourn Nebula anyway)
The biggest surprise would be Rocket. If you think about it though, he's had a huge character development since Guardians 1 and his interaction with Thor proves he's changed as a hero.
Also if he died, I think we'd see huge final form Groot show up to stomp Thanos in the ground.
What are people's thoughts on that?

I’d add aswell, this is the best representation of Thor in an Avengers movie. I felt like in the first two he didn’t really get his due but he totally does in this one. He was the standout Avenger for sure.

The standout performance from a non Avenger was definitely Josh Brolin’s Thanos. It’s one of the best villain performances in a CBM imo.

- Post Credit scene teasingly Captain Marvel. I get it and she’ll probably be in Avengers 4 but why would he contact her and not try one of the Avengers? It made no sense imo
For the same reason many people pray to God when they lose all hope. When you're truly desperate you don't call the police, you invoke God Himself. Or Herself, in this specific case. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"