The Dark Knight Batfans - One Last Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about these people are making me sick, i need a break.

Although I think you are trying to do the right thing, most of this Church's operations are funded from the money they make by filing lawsuits against people who do things like what you want to do. There is nothing technically illegal about what they are doing, so every time people try to stop them they get to cash in on their right to free speech. I can't stand this group either, but the best possible outcome of trying to stop them from protesting is to cause an even bigger scene and help directly fund their next endeavor. It's a lose-lose situation.

Edit: I realize not everyone is wanting to directly prevent them from protesting, my post is directed towards those who are.

I feel all. Something wrong with these guys, something very, very wrong.

Letting them do this with no opposition tears at every fiber in my being. Ledger's daughter shouldn't have to see her father's funeral protested.

The best thing that can happen, right now, is for Ledger to be buried in Perth, away from these animals.

I agree. But she also doesn't need to see people screaming back and fighting with these nut jobs. I'm sure the NYPD will do their jobs and keep them at a proximity and hopefully the family can do the rest to shield that poor girl from it. In the mean time, while we are full of rage at these pseudo-Christians, lets reflect upon the real teachings of Christ that nut jobs have not taken out of context and distorted. "Do not resist one who is evil. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other."

Okay, I can drive 5 people in my Sable, four comfortably :o

I live in MI, so you'd have to carpool.

This is wrong on so many levels. God is about love and peace not mocking a man who has died, Imagine if his family saw this, as if there not having ahard enough time as it is without this.

These people are sick and should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm in California, so I can't make it to NY, but I definitely would if I could and I hope that some people in the area can make it out there.

You guys can 'over night' in Athens, if you need to.

Better than paying for a hotel. :up:

This church or group is arduously trying to capitalize on this mans death, this is repulsive and ridiculous, is just sick

one of them said that kids born out of wedlock will burn in hell and they found out she ad a kid out of wedlock but it was ok for her as she repented. It makes me sick.

I agree. But she also doesn't need to see people screaming back and fighting with these nut jobs. I'm sure the NYPD will do their jobs and keep them at a proximity and hopefully the family can do the rest to shield that poor girl from it. In the mean time, while we are full of rage at these pseudo-Christians, lets reflect upon the real teachings of Christ that nut jobs have not taken out of context and distorted. "Do not resist one who is evil. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other."

I would have to be very, very careful with those I select to do this with, obviously.

I honestly don't know - at this point - what to do or not do. The NYPD can only act in accordance to the law and the law has nothing against what these people want to do.

Honestly, the last thing I WANT to do is to try to go out there. I would much rather his final resting be peaceful and safe from these lunatics.

I am torn because logically - I side with you. I don't want to make the matter worse by engaging them. Emotionally - I don't want these people to be able to disrupt the funeral.

There has to be a middle ground.

I totally agree with this plan, Heath deserves loads better than some religious nuts picketing his funeral. I would really help out, but I can't.

Best of luck to everyone who is going to do this.

I live in NE Ohio, and I assume you meant Michigan. You'd have to damn near pass right through my city. I live pretty comfortably, and you and whoever you bring are more than welcome to keep your Sable at my home. We can take my Magnum. Spacious.

more proof that there are seriously disturbed and sick idiots in this world.

Oops...

I thought you were Stormin, Fran.

I wish I could come with you guys, but I live in the Netherlands. I'll be there in my head and heart, though. These people must be stopped and it would be amazing if some of you could make it there. Way to go, SHH-ers!

I live in NE Ohio, and I assume you meant Michigan. You'd have to damn near pass right through my city. I live pretty comfortably, and you and whoever you bring are more than welcome to keep your Sable at my home. We can take my Magnum. Spacious.

Awesome :up:

I highly doubt I'll go, but if my class schedules permit, I'll take the needed days off of work to do this.

I would have to be very, very careful with those I select to do this with, obviously.

I honestly don't know - at this point - what to do or not do. The NYPD can only act in accordance to the law and the law has nothing against what these people want to do.

Honestly, the last thing I WANT to do is to try to go out there. I would much rather his final resting be peaceful and safe from these lunatics.

I am torn because logically - I side with you. I don't want to make the matter worse by engaging them. Emotionally - I don't want these people to be able to disrupt the funeral.

There has to be a middle ground.

It is a tough decision. Hopefully they keep the funeral low key enough that these people never even find out where or when it is.

I really hope they have the funeral in Australia. Just so these pricks can't protest.

any news on where and when for the funeral? I'm in New York and I'll be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"