Batman: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what if co-op is simply a bonus? meaning you get a ally to choose (robin, nightwing, catwoman, etc) they appear on screen with you if you decide to play co-op, still have the cut scenes where they appear... but if you choose single player, they simply only appear where the story fits, in cut scenes and if they assist you at all.

Yea and while that may make it a great co-op experience, i flat out dont want a co-op experience for this, but thats me. I want a great single player game. I dont want to play through Batman with another player. So you say, dont play with another, well if its anything like RE5 thats going to suck as playing that by yourself wasnt nearly as good an experience as playing with someone else. However, i dont think ill have to worry about it because i dont think this game is being built with co-op in mind. I think, like Uncharted: Among Thieves, this is first and foremost a single player adventure. Will there be co-op? Possibly, but i think it'll be closer to the challenge arenas than say the campaign for RE5.

Pretty much. While I personally don't want any multiplayer in the game, as long as it doesn't interfere with the single player adventure, I'm good.

If it did turn out like RE5 then yes, you're probably right... However the odds of Rocksteady turning out anything mediocre seems unlikely. Don't forget that the Uncharted 2 single player had a near constant AI character with plenty of 2 character needed activities. Single player was amazing in that game and in my opinion could very well have had campaign co-op anyway.

The main thing about the idea of campaign co-op in Batman that excites me is that it's just the type of game that would NEVER have campaign co-op, but if anyone could meet that challenge and succeed it would be Rocksteady.

i don't see how people can even say "this isn't the type of game that would ever have co-op" i mean all you have to compare it too is the first game which would have been too cluttered with such an in-closed world. it wouldn't have fit the maps, nor story. But this game.... this game has massive open maps, and seems to dive deeper into the batman mythos... where it would indeed fit and be appropriate.

Spideyboy have you read any of my posts today? I'm saying I WANT co-op this game. When I said this type of game would normally never have co-op I don't mean I don't think it could work if done right, I mean there hasn't been a game like that before. It's either open world co-op but with virtually no story, just open world havoc, or it's tight story driven co-op but with very linear levels and basic gameplay.

Do you read other peoples posts or just get the 'gist' of them?

i read them... but either misunderstood, or simply felt you didn't explain your opinion enough, so said mine. wasn't a direct attack or reference on you. you're not the only one who's mentioned similar to what i quoted.

Amazon emailed me and said the game is shipping on january 31st. Must be some kind of error.

PLEASE GOD BE TRUE

Batwoman? That is both extremely awesome and extremely unexpected.

Batwoman? That is both extremely awesome and extremely unexpected.

Yeah it is quite suprise. Because i thought Nightwing and Robin wouldv'e been introduced first.

P.S. Could you take a screenshot of the Amazon e-mail? Because i'd like to see it for myself.

Make sure you black out your'e email address though.

Well whatever the multiplayer component is, perhaps she's a character.

I'll try to go to this Middle-East Comic-Con and Film-Con.

I'm just one city away from Abu Dhabi.

Amazon emailed me and said the game is shipping on january 31st. Must be some kind of error.

PLEASE GOD BE TRUE

My preorder on Amazon says February of this year. They must be smoking something over there.

Hmm, Batwoman is interesting and definitely surprising.

And makes us proud, returntovoid.

This and Marvel vs Capcom 3 are my most looked forward to games this year for my 360. :D

well what if co-op is simply a bonus? meaning you get a ally to choose (robin, nightwing, catwoman, etc) they appear on screen with you if you decide to play co-op, still have the cut scenes where they appear... but if you choose single player, they simply only appear where the story fits, in cut scenes and if they assist you at all.

That would make a lot of sense.

Sorry, just wanted to know. Do we get to drive the batmobile this time????

Sorry, just wanted to know. Do we get to drive the batmobile this time????

No we don't.

No car, plane or boat is a patch on Batman, according to Batman: Arkham City director Sefton Hill.

If you were hoping that Arkham City might let you cruise the streets in a custom-built, high-performance, justice-bringing rocket car, then I'm afraid you're in for some disappointment. Batman will be leaving the keys to the Batmobile at home - and that goes for the Batboat and Batplane, too.

Speaking in the latest issue of British videogame magazine GamesTM, Hill made it clear that there would be no playable vehicles in the game. Rocksteady thought of Batman as the "ultimate vehicle," he said, and so the focus had been on his athletic prowess and getting around the city under his own power.

Considering the plot of Arkham City - the former warden of Arkham Asylum has walled off a section of Gotham City's slums and turned it into a giant prison, one where the prisoners are pretty much left to their own devices - it actually makes sense that there wouldn't be any vehicles. The Batplane and Batboat would likely be of limited use, and cruising around in the Batmobile would probably generate the wrong kind of attention. Better to go in quiet and undetected than advertise your presence with an ostentatious car.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105666-Batmobile-Staying-in-the-Garage-for-Arkham-City

Last edited:
I'm not complaining but it would be nice to add that feature in the future installments.

I'm totally ok with this. I think it's great that they put the main focus on Batman. It's like Pat said, it's like Batman can literally do everything in this game, with all the details they released.

Beyond some mini-game-esque modes, I can't think of much they could do with the Batmobile and Plane anyway.

I'm totally ok with this. I think it's great that they put the main focus on Batman. It's like Pat said, it's like Batman can literally do everything in this game, with all the details they released.

Beyond some mini-game-esque modes, I can't think of much they could do with the Batmobile and Plane anyway.

Agreed. Maybe they'll implement the vehicles in the third game when they don't have any constraints.

isn't the game free roam? i could see it being extremely helpful 3/4ths of the way through the game if you want to quickly go back to places.

You don't need to drive for that. If you need to travel long distances, you could just go to your Batmobile, select a place and one quick cutscene later you're there. Heck, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has tunnels that you can take to quickly get from A to B.

I just don't see the need to waste time on driving mechanics, if all it serves as is transporation. And we know already that Batman has grabbling hooks that boost him into the air and he can glide long distances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"