Batman: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is much a free-roam as the first one like a big area you can go around. It's not necessary to maneuver with a vehicle on a area where it's pretty much overcrowded with prisoners running around and destroying stuff.

Yes, that's another reason. You don't want to take your car into an area that's overrun by criminals. And in this case, it's a section of a city. Didn't the inmates already beat up his Batmobile in the first game? And remember when Jason Todd actually stole the weels when he was still just a kid?

The minute Batman would park the Batmobile, it would get taken apart.

Well, seeing as how this game takes place immediately after Asylum, the Batmobile is still in Gotham harbor. Unless he has a backup car, Bat's is pretty much gonna revert to using the Batwing and or motorcycle as fastest modes of transport in the city. Mostly likely the Batwing since he takes off in it at the end of Asylum.

Well, seeing as how this game takes place immediately after Asylum, the Batmobile is still in Gotham harbor. Unless he has a backup car, Bat's is pretty much gonna revert to using the Batwing and or motorcycle as fastest modes of transport in the city. Mostly likely the Batwing since he takes off in it at the end of Asylum.
I thought this game takes place 1 year after the first game. I think GameInformer said it.

The story actually takes place a year after Arkham Asylum, that's how Quincy (who takes credit for stopping Joker) runs for mayor and won to built this new Arkham for the inmates from a section of Gotham.

That was probably one of many batmobiles. He never gets rid of them. He could just use last weeks model that transforms into a hoverjet, or the one from the month before that can make cars explode like the tank from GTA 3.

The story actually takes place a year after Arkham Asylum, that's how Quincy (who takes credit for stopping Joker) runs for mayor and won to built this new Arkham for the inmates from a section of Gotham.

He's got Hugo Strange running Arkham City too.

Yep, but of course Hugo have his own agenda for Arkham City.

Would ya really hire a guy named "Strange" to run your Asylum.

no common sense in Gotham. surriously

Batman: Arkham City Details
The Dark Knight returns to save Catwoman's life.
January 18, 2011

by IGN Staff
LATEST IMAGES

Hugo Strange Knows Batman's Secret

Prepare for Arkham City

Why Superhero Games Fail

The Rise of Catwoman

The New Detective Mode

What is Batman: Arkham City?
Sequel to the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum, mixing hand-to-hand combat, exploration and puzzle-solving. You've heard of Batman, haven't you?

What's New?
According to developer Rocksteady, a whole lot is new.
Five times the size of Arkham Asylum
Improved combat
Interrogations
Many new gadgets
Multiplayer

The Story
A year after the events of the first game, Arkham's former warden Quincy Sharp is now mayor of Gotham. With Arkham destroyed, Sharp has turned Gotham's slums into a prison for Arkham's inmates. When Two-Face threatens to execute Catwoman, Batman must break into Arkham City and put a stop to the madness.

Single-Player
The focus remains the main campaign (it's unknown if it will include co-op play). The basics from the first game remain the same, but now players will need to identify enemies with information and avoid knocking them out in combat. The story is said to be darker and has more characters than in the first game, with the Boy Wonder among many believed to make an appearance.

Multiplayer
Nothing is known about multiplayer yet. It could be co-op, it could be competitive play. You might play as the villains of Akrham City or as Batman and Robin. Only Rocksteady knows for sure.

Characters
The list of characters continues to grow, but here are the main players we know about:
Batman
Catwoman
Talia al Ghul
Two-Face
Hugo Strange
The Joker
Harley Quinn
Mr. Freeze
The Riddler
Mr. Zsasz
Calendar Man

How's It Looking?
Sadly, we haven't seen Arkham City yet. We'll certainly let you know if it's turning out better than the original once we've seen it.

Go on the link for the new 2: 33 clip: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1144267p1.html

Last edited:
IGN = Incompetent Gaming Network

i like IGN for the most part, but they do tend to fall behind or rehash on old news

I think IGN are starting to enjoy their own voices a bit too much. We all like a bit of witty banter, but I'd prefer them to put what they actually do first and have the wit come from that. A lot of their articles now are very self-indulgent--to the point that I only skim their stories of late, whereas in the past I'd read them from start to finish.

Sorry dude but that's old information that we knew ages ago.

I'm not why sure IGN send these things out so late.

That clip on the link is an extended version of the previous one, you actually see Hugo Strange in it.

It was only IGN collating all the currently known information into one easy to read place. I don't see whats wrong with that.

New screencap from Batman: Arkham City Facebook
arkhamcity6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1