BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny I actually suggested that Tyler Hoelchin should play Batman a while ago. I said he might not be ready now, but sometime in the future, perhaps in his late twenties he might be able to pull him off. He looks exactly like the Gary Frank drawing. I think as of now he might be a little too young and inexperienced. Since he has only really done/ been on Teen Wolf.

I think a good choice for this movie would be Jesen Ackles. He tested for the role of Clark Kent for Smallville and didn't get it. I think now might be a good chance for him to get Batman. In my opinion.

Jon Hamm would be great as the Alex Ross version of Batman

We are probably going to get a young batman though to play off of Henry Cavill...Unless they get a guy whose older like a Hamm who can be the leader of the JL

Gosling was my number 1 choice but I really don't think he'ddoitthatswhy I'm backing Rob Kazinsky

You can't go from Christian Bale to a crappy actor. No matter what he looks.

Bale actually would be perfect considering his age.

Bale is a great actor and the best live action Batman we've had to date, but, for me, he still wasn't the definitive Batman. The weird thing he did with his voice also hurt his performance somewhat -- I hope no one ever takes that approach again. I'd like to see something more along the lines of Kevin Conroy's interpretation of the character.

According to the ever unreliable cosmic book news

Last Saturday at Comic-Con following the Warner Bros. panel, attendees were graced with a surprise visit by Man of Steel director Zack Snyder and Harry Lennix announcing the next Superman movie.

Lennix read text from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, and then a Superman/Batman logo was revealed to a stunned audience.

The audience quickly erupted with cheers of enthusiasm as Snyder revealed that the new Batman will be a part of the sequel to Man of Steel.

Our DC Entertainment source who provided us with first draft script details for Man of Steel, which included mention of LexCorps in the Metropolis skyline as well as the bus scene with Lana Lang witnessing a young Clark Kent using his super powers, has sent over some information on the upcoming as-of-yet untitled Superman/Batman movie.

Our DC Entertainment source also previously provided us with information on the Batman reboot, which was said to be in part based on the popular Batman Arkham video game franchise. That now looks to be adapted into the recently announced Batman: Arkham Assault animated movie slated for 2014.

We're told Warner Bros. didn't go forward with the Arkham adaptation because they want to get both Batman and Superman out into the cinema quickly. Also, that Snyder and Goyer plot-wise initially didn't have Batman vs. Superman, but since WB wanted to move things along they essentially are combining two films in one, with the movie having been in pre-production for a couple months (merchandising underway as well etc.). We're told, "Snyder is really loving building the DC Cinematic Universe."

Regarding the new Batman, Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf, Lincoln Heights, 7th Heaven, Road To Perdition) is being heavily considered for the part and will be getting a screen test alongside Henry Cavill. Warner Bros. and Snyder are looking at somebody to play the new Batman with a reputation similar to Cavill's, when Cavill was testing for Superman. It's also said that better known actors could also be testing for the role. As filming is expected to begin in early 2014, screen tests should be happening soon.

Cosmic Book News is also told that the Superman/Batman movie will features villains (in the plural), with it currently thought that the Joker and Lex Luthor team up; however, the source said the villains are only known by a select few, but Luthor is all but guaranteed.

Regarding the plot of the film:

"The sequel is set a year after Man of Steel, and the world is still getting used to having this powerful god on the planet who isn't fully trusted by everybody. Batman certainly doesn't trust Superman. Superman doesn't trust Batman; either of which causes the two to clash when they initially meet. They do however pair up to defeat the villains (not 100% confirmed who the villains are). COULD be Luthor and Joker, but only a select few really know that. Luthor is definitely in the sequel and he doesn't like Superman, believing him a threat to the planet."

Previous to Comic-Con there was also rumor of a Justice League movie and a film for The Flash; however, Snyder only announced Superman/Batman.

We've been told there is a lot in the works being built up to Justice League, which will take place after Superman/Batman with The Flash possibly spinning out of that (the previous rumor said Flash before JL). Also, expect a lot of Easter Eggs to the Justice League members in Superman/Batman with characters like Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern getting referenced.

Our DC Entertainment Source also says it looks as if the Justice League movie will feature the DC Comics New 52 characters, which could mean no Martian Manhunter, but Cyborg.

Tyler Hoechlin is a bad actor, but it wouldn't shock me if WBs were looking at someone like him though

According to the ever unreliable cosmic book news

Tyler Hoechlin is a bad actor, but it wouldn't shock me if WBs were looking at someone like him though

Is he now? That's too bad. He showed promise as a child in RTP.

Is he now? That's too bad. He showed promise as a child in RTP.

Well to be fair I've only seen him on Teen Wolf I think he's only at least TV level quality but who knows with better material.

Probaby the big question is would the audience be accepting of another actor to play Batman coming after Bale's unique take on it?

The suggestions of Joe Mangianello and Jon Hamm are just laughable, they aren't at the level to play such an iconic role and plus you need an actor just as good to stand up with Cavill, I'd go with Colin Ferrell.

Probaby the big question is would the audience be accepting of another actor to play Batman coming after Bale's unique take on it?

The suggestions of Joe Mangianello and Jon Hamm are just laughable, they aren't at the level to play such an iconic role and plus you need an actor just as good to stand up with Cavill, I'd go with Colin Ferrell.

Funny, because he was Wolfgang Peterson's choice for Batman in his "Batman vs. Superman" before that was iced.

I think you mean...before it vaz zent doo de koolah!

I say no to Karl Urban! he is 41 and they need a Batman that can do this plus JLA and start their own Batman franchise. I would think at least a 29-34 year old would fit the bill. The Tyler Hoechlin rumor false or not would not be bad. I am not to familiar with his work though. I still think they could get possibly get JGL to play Bruce/Batman.

So what if he's 41 years old? By the way he looks right now he could be able to pull off a believable Batman for at least 10 years I think. He does not look old at all.

Other than Urban though I would not be mad if Boreanaz got the gig. He sure has the looks for it.

Last edited:
I have posted this on another fourm here because I dunno if it's real or fake! I found this on twitter, apparently this actor has been approached by warner about the character of robin? Look at this pic! Someone tell me! Real or Fake?
_D8V6501.jpg
Is this post serious?

ЯɘvlveR;26454253 said:
huh?
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/roll-call-teen-wolfs-tyler-hoechlin-play-batman-164347389.html

Tyler Hoechlin?

edit, it's been posted already.

i will say that not having seen him in anything but maybe hall pass, he's about as physically ideal next to cavill as you're ever gonna get.

Why do the stars of decent to mediocre TV shows always get suggested? So far I've already seen actors from the once entertaining but now absurd True Blood, the blandtacular Hell on Wheels and the not as great as some think it is Walking Dead mentioned on here. I've never watched Teen Wolf but that's because the trailers looked awful or White Collar because procedurals don't appeal to me so I could be wrong on those. Seems like there would be scheduling conflicts with most of these guys though and most of them work okay on tv shows because they have fairly ensemble casts. I couldn't see any of these guys carrying a big movie (throw David Boreanaz into that pile too) not to mention a lot of them are either too young or too old for the part.

It's a fair point. I think the answer is that the Hollywood A list is small, uninspiring and ill-fitting, so people look elsewhere. But, you're right in that most suggestions are underweight. I think widely reputed TV work backed up with some feted turns on the stage is probably a sign of promise.

Why do the stars of decent to mediocre TV shows always get suggested? So far I've already seen actors from the once entertaining but now absurd True Blood, the blandtacular Hell on Wheels and the not as great as some think it is Walking Dead mentioned on here. I've never watched Teen Wolf but that's because the trailers looked awful or White Collar because procedurals don't appeal to me so I could be wrong on those. Seems like there would be scheduling conflicts with most of these guys though and most of them work okay on tv shows because they have fairly ensemble casts. I couldn't see any of these guys carrying a big movie (throw David Boreanaz into that pile too) not to mention a lot of them are either too young or too old for the part.

i don't know. I've brought up oscar isaac. like a lead balloon.

It's a fair point. I think the answer is that the Hollywood A list is small, uninspiring and ill-fitting, so people look elsewhere. But, you're right in that most suggestions are underweight. I think widely reputed TV work backed up with some feted turns on the stage is probably a sign of promise.

I agree with that but a lot of these actors aren't very good. I'm not a "TV actors should stay on TV" kind of guy. You'll notice I left out Jon Hamm from that statement, I think he's a great actor that could hold up a movie (though I think he's too old to play Bruce) and I often lament that so many actors that have proven themselves in dynamite tv roles (James Gandolfini-RIP- for instance) are kept at an arms length from rich movie roles they more than have the chops for because they aren't big enough names/ are too associated with their big tv role and they usually end up becoming character actors in tons of supporting roles as a result. But most of the guys getting talked up around here are really average TV actors (or in the case of Joe Manganiello absurdly bland).

So far the only choice being thrown around I could maybe get behind is Karl Urban but that's only if one ignores the age issue.

ЯɘvlveR;26456337 said:
i don't know. I've brought up oscar isaac. like a lead balloon.

Actually hadn't thought of him. He seems like a pretty good actor but I haven't really seen him in any very big roles, I've mostly seen him in smaller supporting parts so I can't really say how I'd feel about him. He's pretty much the perfect age though.

Wait. Did someone just say that Jon Hamm wasn't on a high enough level to play batman, and the suggest Colin Farell? Jon Hamm is one of the best actors in the biz right now, and his screen presence on Mad Men is exactly what is needed to play Batman. I'm not saying he's the best pick, or that Farell would be bad, but dear God don't lump Hamm in their with Joe M lol.

Yeah...I know it's obviously a photoshopped photo but it actually looks like the actor dude did a photo shoot for it...also a lot of people have told me he has been approached by warner bros.

The guy in the photo is you...isn't it?

Actually hadn't thought of him. He seems like a pretty good actor but I haven't really seen him in any very big roles, I've mostly seen him in smaller supporting parts so I can't really say how I'd feel about him. He's pretty much the perfect age though.

he's the lead in inside llewyn davis by the coen brothers it's being released in dec. he's worked with zack in sucker punch as well so there's that.

[YT]jl8DidbbTQM[/YT]

In all honesty, he does look the part and the most important fact is that he's 25. WB/DC could lock him up for years playing this part. And because he hasn't broken out yet, he'd probably would be A-Okay with playing Bruce Wayne for a long time.

It's all about the age. 25 is a good age and he looks older than he is.

That's to say...if this story is true.

that's true. he's in the "goldilocks zone" physically at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"