BvS Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the most recent Tuesday's international numbers for BvS?

As I understand it WB did not allow BvS to be included in Discount Tuesday, would the fact that they allowed it at last this week be part of the surge. I don't mean simply that it was reduced but that people had been waiting for it to be discounted before they were willing to go to it.

As I understand it WB did not allow BvS to be included in Discount Tuesday, would the fact that they allowed it at last this week be part of the surge. I don't mean simply that it was reduced but that people had been waiting for it to be discounted before they were willing to go to it.
Discount Tuesdays do give a bump so it remains to be seen how the rest of the week goes.

One day they will make a movie about the box office tracking for BvS. And it will make more money at the box office than BvS did. And people will laugh to mask their tears.

One day they will make a movie about the box office tracking for BvS. And it will make more money at the box office than BvS did. And people will laugh to mask their tears.

Now, let's not distort things. BvS is making a lot of money... it was just so absurdly expensive that it doesn't matter.

It was discounted at my theater.

Tuesday domestic $4,088,296 did quite well. I'm carious how Tuesday international number went.

Now, let's not distort things. BvS is making a lot of money... it was just so absurdly expensive that it doesn't matter.

It's essentially the same thing. The rest is hair splitting - as the end game is the profit level.

With Wednesday-Thursday estimate included $710 domestic + 20 Million for International Tues-Thur. Total before the weekend 730 million.

• 50 million International weekend
  • 25 millino domestic weekend

By Monday we could be looking at 805 million WW. If it pulls this over the weekend I think it can craw to 900-950 million WW.

800-900 is where it will probably stop. Not bad thats still alot, but I was expecting an easy billion. Unless they decide to keep it in theaters a bit longer than usual like Deadpool(which is still playing in my local theater), in which case it might just manage to crawl it's way a bit past 1bill.

800-900 is where it will probably stop. Not bad thats still alot, but I was expecting an easy billion. Unless they decide to keep it in theaters a bit longer than usual like Deadpool(which is still playing in my local theater), in which case it might just manage to crawl it's way a bit past 1bill.

Highly doubtful as theatres will be dropping this once it gets below a certain margin. Deadpool is still making money, that's why it's still going.

WB will keep it out for as long as they can, but once the theatres call time that's it.

With Wednesday-Thursday estimate included $710 domestic + 20 Million for International Tues-Thur. Total before the weekend 730 million.

• 50 million International weekend
  • 25 millino domestic weekend

By Monday we could be looking at 805 million WW. If it pulls this over the weekend I think it can craw to 900-950 million WW.

I'd keep expectations a bit lower. Jungle book the weekend after is likely to kick any legs left in this one out. $850mil seems a more likely ceiling atm. Just to add, Jungle book is opening in a good few international territories this weekend, so they might get a steeper drop there.

First week of June is a death sentence. I think a March release makes most sense.

Here in Finland, the audience numbers dropped 60% from the opening weekend.

Without Finland's box office revenue, this film is really in deep trouble

My guess for Wednesday: 3.0M on track to $330M DOM/$520 INT/$850 WW

I like hearing that WBs strategy is to reduce the amount of small films and focus on the big franchises like the DCEU. That means they can focus their talent into those movies. Makes sense economically with properties like the DCEU and Harry Potter in their stable.

I said this even before the 2nd week numbers came out, but I think the 3rd week drop will be kinder.

I don't think this will suddenly stop making money when JB comes either, it could be in 2nd place for a few weeks before dropping away, so $900 million WW could still happen.

These are just my predictions BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"