BvS Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking 25/30 mill, but on the low side of it.

I see it doing lower-bracket $20M.

I see barbershop 3 being more of a serious challenger next week then The boss this week. If it Plays out that it has 3 weeks at number 1 then thats still good.

I like hearing that WBs strategy is to reduce the amount of small films and focus on the big franchises like the DCEU. That means they can focus their talent into those movies. Makes sense economically with properties like the DCEU and Harry Potter in their stable.

As a movie fan this troubles me greatly.

I like hearing that WBs strategy is to reduce the amount of small films and focus on the big franchises like the DCEU. That means they can focus their talent into those movies. Makes sense economically with properties like the DCEU and Harry Potter in their stable.

Honestly, this is awful. There is more to film than big blockbusters. Way more.

Warners are slowly (?) transforming into Paramount 2.0.

With Wednesday-Thursday estimate included $710 domestic + 20 Million for International Tues-Thur. Total before the weekend 730 million.

• 50 million International weekend
  • 25 millino domestic weekend

By Monday we could be looking at 805 million WW. If it pulls this over the weekend I think it can craw to 900-950 million WW.

Last int'l weekend was 85.3M and this weekend The Huntsman and Jungle Book are opening in many, many countries so must be another 55-65% drop. Also 25M is a bit too much. Think 19.5-22.5M is more likely.

And this is how studios go bankrupt

Not a fan of that. Would rather have more stuff like Argo, The Town and The Prestige. Geez let's not go back to how it was in the late 90's WB.

How the hell has nobody gotten fired over there?

Just because you haven't heard about it publicly doesn't mean it hasn't (or will not) happened.

Studios change regimes like you change your underwear. Its why so many films don't get made. The new group of fresh-faced execs inherit the old regime's projects and 9 times out of 10 dump them immediately.

Not a fan of that. Would rather have more stuff like Argo, The Town and The Prestige. Geez let's not go back to how it was in the late 90's WB.

It's an insane strategy. And it's not going to ingratiate them to industry professionals who've already been outspoken about the surge of blockbuster/sequel/reboot/superhero movies.

Just because you haven't heard about it publicly doesn't mean it hasn't (or will not) happened.

Studios change regimes like you change your underwear. Its why so many films don't get made. The new group of fresh-faced execs inherit the old regime's projects and 9 times out of 10 dump them immediately.
I was going to say the same thing. It might be stating the obvious, but if anything goes down it's not going to be an early public spectacle. We'll have to see what happens. Still leaning towards them just continuing on as planned. Yeah it isn't looking to do a billion but still might do enough at bo to where JL doesn't seem like a financial risk.

If it would even be announced at all, it's not gonna be announced while BvS is still in theaters.

Last edited:
I was going to say the same thing. It might be stating the obvious, but if anything goes down it's not going to be an early public spectacle. We'll have to see what happens. Still leaning towards them just continuing on as planned. Yeah it isn't looking to do a billion but still might do enough at bo to where JL doesn't seem like a financial risk.

Agreed. Look at BB, made less than SR BUT the hunger was there for more, with SR, not so much. One got a billion dollar franchise, the other got rebooted.

In my mind, this is the same situation. BvS is gonna be profitable, but is the hunger there for a Snyder directed JL film? I can't say for sure of course, but if it were my money funding it, he wouldn't get it.
For the record, I thought BvS was ok, not bad but not great either.
Alot of The public, from what I gather, pretty much feels the same. Can you build a future on that?

I saw on io9 WB released a statement saying basically they understood BvS had some issues and essentially plans to move forward and do nothing to fix said issues. Craziest thing I've ever read haha. The box office numbers for this film have to make many of the investors worry.

They are not gonna have the luxury of an isolated release date with no competition next time. And there will be far, far more skeptics not willing to shell out the bucks on opening weekend.

I saw on io9 WB released a statement saying basically they understood BvS had some issues and essentially plans to move forward and do nothing to fix said issues. Craziest thing I've ever read haha. The box office numbers for this film have to make many of the investors worry.

It is going to make the GA wary of the next movie as well. I want to see a good justice league movie but I'm not sure I'll go see it this time until I see reviews.

You have to expect that the reception of BvS will affect opening weekend of JL. It has to and that's a problem.

They are not gonna have the luxury of an isolated release date with no competition next time. And there will be far, far more skeptics not willing to shell out the bucks on opening weekend.

I agree to some extent but considering MoS was mixed and this movie opened so big, I don't know that one can say it will be a huge dip OW.

I agree to some extent but considering MoS was mixed and this movie opened so big, I don't know that one can say it will be a huge dip OW.

Every studio gave BvS a wide berth at the BO. It was supposed to be a monster. Now? Forget about it. BvS was a barking dog with no bite. Next time other studios will go out of their way to **** block them.

But this was batman/superman/ww together for the first time. That accounted for a lot. That is why I went OW. If they had done MoS2 (which this almost was since you could pretty much remove batman and not change much in the movie) then it would have done much worse OW and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone OW and waited to see if it was better then the first MoS.

The damage they did goes beyond the final box office total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"