BvS Batman v Superman - Reviews Thread [TAG SPOILERS] - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was me throughout the film...

giphy.gif

lol

This was me every time I saw Superman trying to deliver a line that gets interrupted with an explosion or fight.

tumblr_lm2tnrbAGi1qzyufx.gif

lol

This was me every time I saw Superman trying to deliver a line that gets interrupted with an explosion or fight.

tumblr_lm2tnrbAGi1qzyufx.gif

:funny:

The funniest thing I've read in a review was saying that the reason for the hearing explosion just before Superman could say anything was because it would've been to hard for them to write something for him to say.

The funniest thing I've read in a review was saying that the reason for the hearing explosion just before Superman could say anything was because it would've been to hard for them to write something for him to say.

That is also true.

In the situation he is, there is absolutely nothing Cavill's Superman could say that would sway people's opinions of him.

That's natural though. It isn't easy to convince people through words......However in the end, he did succeed - not through words, but through his actions.

He gave up his life, his love, everything for a world that hated him, questioned him. To me, that makes him more of a hero than a single speech (granted, there were people who loved/liked him, to the credit of the people in that universe).

But, a speech would have been nice - made not for the people in that universe, but for us ;)

That is also true.

In the situation he is, there is absolutely nothing Cavill's Superman could say that would sway people's opinions of him.

That's natural though. It isn't easy to convince people through words......However in the end, he did succeed - not through words, but through his actions.

He gave up his life, his love, everything for a world that hated him, questioned him. To me, that makes him more of a hero than a single speech (granted, there were people who loved/liked him, to the credit of the people in that universe).

But, a speech would have been nice - made not for the people in that universe, but for us ;)

It's not about swaying people.

Didn't say anything about how a speech makes anyone a hero.

It's not about swaying people.

Didn't say anything about how a speech makes anyone a hero.

What is it about then? He's at a hearing - and like Senator Finch said "In a democracy, we talk" (something like that, right?).

Why would would we have to say something at the hearing (within the context of the film?).

Outside the film - sure, it would be nice to see him speak for himself. But, other than that..

What is it about then? He's at a hearing - and like Senator Finch said "In a democracy, we talk" (something like that, right?).

Why would would we have to say something at the hearing (within the context of the film?).

Outside the film - sure, it would be nice to see him speak for himself. But, other than that..

It's about actually having the dude voice is opinion and his side of things instead of just watching TV and looking so sullen when someone says something somewhat negative about him.

It's about actually having the dude voice is opinion and his side of things instead of just watching TV and looking so sullen when someone says something somewhat negative about him.

Because that wouldn't bother anyone, right? Dude does the best he can and it's never good enough.

This review, will make you believe, .................... to do it.
But this is my honest rant about this messy, uninspired, lame, lazy, badly edited, poorly characterized protagonists and antagonist, nonsensical story.

First, the positive:
Affleck and Irons are cool in their respective roles, and the outfits are cool.
Bill Finger is credited as the co-creator of Batman.

Followed by my rating:
2/10

*RANTING TIME:

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
Batman scenes are ok, everything else is poorly paced, and the bad editing is all over the place, why is this scene added where this scene is at? Why does it permeate it? WHY?

The opening monologue of Bruce sounds like someone wrote it 5 minutes before lunch, trying to sound cool, but it's not good.
Bruce at the funeral of his parents, discovering the bat cave, and flashback to the night they died.... so unneeded.

Jump to the future...past....present...
Past of the movie main events, future of child Bruce.
With the exception of "Jack, get everyone out of the building.", no word uttered out of the mouth of Bruce Wayne made me think "Wow, this is a guy in tension", instead it made me think "What is he saying?"
Visuals are good, words are bad.
When he told that girl he will help her find her mom, the first thought to come to my mind is "She must be Carrie Kelly, he will turn her to Robin."

Jump 18 months to the future, which is the present of the movie events.
They find a little Kryptonite in the waters.
Lex Luthor convinces them to give him control and more Kryptonite, after his crew found Kryptonite and told the senate about it. :whatever:
He kills that old guy because..... reasons.

You know what, I'll cut this review short instead of making one post long enough to fill two pages of posts in one rant post.

Every negative thing people say about this movie, is honest truth.
Wonder Woman is just there, she's useless.

Superman barely stays on screen for more than 4 minutes in a row.

Perry White is useless, that's not Perry, who is Laurence Fishburne playing? How did he act in a movie far worse than the Matrix Revolution? You'd think by now he'd learn to avoid such mistakes.

Camera with film? Really? I know some people actually use them, but really?
They just used that to make way for the tracking chip.
That guy who opened the camera and exposed the film is the guy who Batman chased after, and he was there, while Superman reached, how was he still loose?

Bath tub scene is stupid. Clark, dude, water in a bath tub is meant to wash people, not for you to soil it by dipping your dirty shoes into it.

Last fight is useless and idiotic. Final fight in Man of Steel made a lot of sense, this one is the exact opposite.

Who should do what? Why is that happening? Why is Martha being both a Kent and a Wayne make the duo friends? How did that magic blood trick work to give life to Zod's corpse to make him Doomsday? Did the writers take lessons from Star Trek Into Darkness magic blood school?[

Senate hearing bomb scene has a most useless silence and staring.

The whole movie is dumb.

This review, will make you believe, .................... to do it.
But this is my honest rant about this messy, uninspired, lame, lazy, badly edited, poorly characterized protagonists and antagonist, nonsensical story.

First, the positive:
Affleck and Irons are cool in their respective roles, and the outfits are cool.
Bill Finger is credited as the co-creator of Batman.

Followed by my rating:
2/10

*RANTING TIME:

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
Batman scenes are ok, everything else is poorly paced, and the bad editing is all over the place, why is this scene added where this scene is at? Why does it permeate it? WHY?

The opening monologue of Bruce sounds like someone wrote it 5 minutes before lunch, trying to sound cool, but it's not good.
Bruce at the funeral of his parents, discovering the bat cave, and flashback to the night they died.... so unneeded.

Jump to the future...past....present...
Past of the movie main events, future of child Bruce.
With the exception of "Jack, get everyone out of the building.", no word uttered out of the mouth of Bruce Wayne made me think "Wow, this is a guy in tension", instead it made me think "What is he saying?"
Visuals are good, words are bad.
When he told that girl he will help her find her mom, the first thought to come to my mind is "She must be Carrie Kelly, he will turn her to Robin."

Jump 18 months to the future, which is the present of the movie events.
They find a little Kryptonite in the waters.
Lex Luthor convinces them to give him control and more Kryptonite, after his crew found Kryptonite and told the senate about it. :whatever:
He kills that old guy because..... reasons.

You know what, I'll cut this review short instead of making one post long enough to fill two pages of posts in one rant post.

Every negative thing people say about this movie, is honest truth.
Wonder Woman is just there, she's useless.

Superman barely stays on screen for more than 4 minutes in a row.

Perry White is useless, that's not Perry, who is Laurence Fishburne playing? How did he act in a movie far worse than the Matrix Revolution? You'd think by now he'd learn to avoid such mistakes.

Camera with film? Really? I know some people actually use them, but really?
They just used that to make way for the tracking chip.
That guy who opened the camera and exposed the film is the guy who Batman chased after, and he was there, while Superman reached, how was he still loose?

Bath tub scene is stupid. Clark, dude, water in a bath tub is meant to wash people, not for you to soil it by dipping your dirty shoes into it.

Last fight is useless and idiotic. Final fight in Man of Steel made a lot of sense, this one is the exact opposite.

Who should do what? Why is that happening? Why is Martha being both a Kent and a Wayne make the duo friends? How did that magic blood trick work to give life to Zod's corpse to make him Doomsday? Did the writers take lessons from Star Trek Into Darkness magic blood school?[

Senate hearing bomb scene has a most useless silence and staring.

The whole movie is dumb.
Aziz...you and me....we're done, professionally. :oldrazz:

it is kinda true i cant thing of anything superman can say without him sounding arrogant

I just post this in the main Batman thread thing but might as while post it hear.
So I just got back home from the seeing the movie for the first time and hear are my first thoughts. First off all I don't think the movie deserved such bad reviews and second I thought the movie over all was kind of good but far from great kind of like man of steel. I for the most part only had I issue or 2 depending on how you look at it but man it was a big issue and brought down the movie so darn much.

First the good
1. Ben as Batman- I thought he wouldn't be good but he ended up being a good batman maybe even the best one we have seen yet.
2. The action was good- I felt like it was balanced better than it was in man of steel. In man of steel I felt like there was a little to much action this movie I thought the amount of action was just about perfect.
3. Pacing of the movie- I was worried that with having so many characters there would be to much going on and the balance of characters wouldn't be that good. After seeing the movie I thought the way they balanced WW, Batman and superman was pretty darn good and even the little other justice league stuff was handled while.
4. The music- This is not a surprise because like ever thing Zimmer is involed in as great music. I wouldn't put this as one of his better soundtracks. The dark knight trilogy, lion king, Interstellar, amazing spider man 2 all have better music then this movie but it was still pretty good. The WW music was epic!
5. Lex's motivation I thought was good and clear.

Now the bad
1. Lex Dialog- His dialog is bad and I mean really bad way to darn chessey and stupid
2. Issaberge acting has lex- His acting was so bad. I don't know what is worse his acting or his dialog and I have to say I don't know if I have ever seen such a miss cast for a actor as I did with him playing lex.

Very frustrating movie because while I thought it was far from great I really only had for the most part 1 or 2 problems depending on how you look but that 1 problem of lex brought down the movie so darn much. Maybe the most frustrating movie I have ever seen! I would say this movie may be like my around my 15th or maybe a little lower favorite CBM off all time if I were to rank them but if you just give Lex better Dialog and a better actor playing him the movie would be such much better like maybe 8th or something.

haven't posted here since last week as i have been out of town, but i managed to watch the movie twice

my rating - 8/10

i enjoyed it for the most part. i felt this movie suffered in the third act and i didn't like how Doomsday was portrayed. Ben Affleck was phenomenal as Batman. i would have to see him in another movie before i can make a good assessment, but i really do think he will be the best live action Batman yet.

the supporting characters - Alfred, Lois, & Diana/Wonder Woman - all had their chances to shine. Perry brought the laughs.

Lex was 50/50 for me. i thought he overdid it in some scenes.

all in all, i think the good outweighs the bad and no way in hell this movie deserves the hate it's been getting from critics. definitely much, MUCH better than Amazing Spider-Man, Iron Man 3, and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

i wouldn't mind if for Justice League and even future films Zack Snyder takes a backseat role. the guy had great ideas, delivers on the action, and keeps the characters look true to their comic counterpart, but he struggles in delivering a more cohesive story. i say he would do much better as a producer or consultant for future DC films.

still though, i really do think the extra 30 min of footage we will see in the Ultimate Cut will make this a much better film and fill in some of the gaps that are present in the theatrical cut

Because that wouldn't bother anyone, right? Dude does the best he can and it's never good enough.

What are you even talking about? You might as well have said something as pointless as "I ate some applesauce" since your comment has nothing to do with what I've said.

it is kinda true i cant thing of anything superman can say without him sounding arrogant

Well, it would be coming out of the mouth of the same dude who believes no one can stay good. So whatever he said would probably be equally as ******.

I loved the film, but I have to be honest, they did take a bit of artistic license in terms of the utilisation of Superman's powers. There were a few key scenes such as

the explosion and death of Senator Finch etc

.... which could have been avoided by the obvious solution of Superman using his super-speed. But this didn't happen for some reason.

I loved the film, but I have to be honest, they did take a bit of artistic license in terms of the utilisation of Superman's powers. There were a few key scenes such as

.... which could have been avoided by the obvious solution of Superman using his super-speed. But this didn't happen for some reason.

I'm sure Snyder would say, this is a Superman still learning how to be Superman, he isn't there yet...

Even though this Superman has been non stop using his powers for the last two ****ing years.
Seriously it's like he hasn't learnt anything from MoS. No development

My very short "review":

The good:
-Casting and performances - from good (Gadot, Eisenberg) to great (the rest);
-Cinematography and FX - one of the prettiest movies I've ever seen;
-Action;
-Designs and aesthetic;
-Upped my excitement for future adventures of Batman+Alfred (especially), Superman, Wonder Woman;
-Decent dialogs, political and social commentary; a few nice subtle jokes;
-Heavy symbolism and philosophical themes;
-The film intrigued me with other Justice League members, future vision;
-Half-decent character arcs for Batman and Superman;
-Grimdark tone/atmosphere, that I love;
-A number of shocking plot turns, that I really enjoyed.

The bad:
-My single biggest complaint about the film - attempt to fit so much plot elements into the film turned Lex's plan into absolute mess, which is nearly impossible to understand;
-Many little inconsistent or unconvincing story elements, that lacked development;
-The film lacks exposition in many places, so much to be taken for granted;
-Vague no-kill code for Batman;
-Editing, but let's wait for Ultimate Cut;
-Moments of insane stupidity - Batarang on the crime scene...

My verdict. Enjoyment - 9-10/10. Neautral rating based on film's qualities - 7/10.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I read somewhere that Batman leaves a Batarang as his calling card.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Batman leaves a Batarang as his calling card.
It would make sense if he was leaving criminals for the police, or returning stolen goods... What did he want to say to Lex?

Superman has been shown from MoS to subvert his heightened senses, he needs to concentrate or get emotional and lose concentration to use them.

Superman has been shown from MoS to subvert his heightened senses, he needs to concentrate or get emotional and lose concentration to use them.

Speaking of powers where the hell was Super breath? Don't tell me it's anymore ridiculous and surreal than a man who flies and shots fire from his eyes.

Yes, exactly. He even says as much to Lois on the balcony of her hotel room. He didn't see the bomb because he wasn't looking for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"