Batsuit Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Wams, Apr 12, 2006.

?

Do you like the idea of a new Batsuit in TDK?

1. Yes, I like the idea of a change to a greyish, lighter & more streamlined suit.

2. No, I would rather Batman stay in the black, body armour type suit from BB.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandouras Registered

I was just talking about those specific lines....and maybe whining about people not passing such a strong judgement on burton. I too didnt feel that Bruce-Rachel was as important as the vicki/selina ones. But they were never really together. They were more like friends. We didnt see bruce in pain about making a relationship.

2. namtaB Registered

U mad?

3. namtaB Registered

The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

4. Sandouras Registered

You re here on Hype with me, arent you? You re nitpicking along with me arent you?

You can hardly give me advice about important things in life (which is obviously subjective). You must have fewer brain cells.

5. Crook Registered

What exactly do you call Batman being in the same exact area of the Narrows that his childhood best friend is at? No less, as he's there, has to save her from thugs and having a quick chance to tell her who he is?

Compare that to Bruce and Selina meeting up at a costume ball, in their civilian identities. They've had a previous "relationship" that went outside their costumes, and there was an obvious attraction there. So them dancing at a party, isn't exactly a stretch.

Lastly, there was a repeating of lines. Difference is, not only was the execution by the actors superior in BR, but the circumstance didn't overtly come off as "superhero must tell something important to the damsel before he goes off in the night!"

6. Grinning-smile Registered

I can't remember if it was just rumour or not, but i'm sure i remember reading somewhere a while ago that the new batsuit was supposed to have white eyes, like the comics, anyone confirm this yet? Or was it just rumour? Either way it's just got me thinking about it.

7. Reflectionist Registered

Detective work, to be honest. Bruce was right there when Racheal got the phone call. She knew Crane had moved Falcone to Arkham like the rest of the goons and she reacted in an obvious way. She even said "I'll be there in a few minutes" or something like that, I believe. Bruce was watching her the entire time of the phone call. He knew she was going to be in danger because he knew Crane was involved with the fear toxin and that he's dangerous. So as soon as she left, he pushed the arrowhead gift to alfred and went down and got into the suit and left for the Narrows.

EDIT - actually, it's not really detective work. It was more like, really obvious more than anything. Hey, Racheal's gotta go deal with a man i know is dangerous, but I can't tell her because I can't tell her i'm Batman. So I think I'll just go follow her candy ass and see what happens.

8. Crook Registered

1) It's clearly not detective work if her location is already given to him on a silver platter, is it?

2) I'm aware that he knows she's in the Narrows, I stated that in my first post. My point was he just happened to find her alone surrounded by villains in the nick of time.

And did ya'll see how relatively big the Narrows were? It's basically a small island. When the entire area is going crazy with people running about in chaos, it IS a stretch for him to find her.

9. SheldonLevene The Machine

I can answer that, and thank you for the question because it has something to do with the topic of this thread. I do not think that this has been confirmed. As of right now it is a rumor with a reasonable chance of being true. At least for a brief instance in the film.

10. Sandouras Registered

Wasnt thinking. Indeed its supposed to be by chance in BB as well. Though nolan had rachel go to the narrows to give gordon the antidote. I know, its quite lame. But then maybe he knew she was still there, maybe gordon told him, whatever he seached and found her. This isnt the first time that batman or any other hero arrives at the right place at the right time.

11. Crook Registered

It's not a problem. Personally, I didn't really have too much of an issue with it. Just stood out to me, because between those 2 scenes, one clearly came off a lot more hackneyed than the other.

12. Reflectionist Registered

Are we talking about the part where she's taken by the fear gas or the part where she goes to inoculate Gordon?

Because if we're talking about the former, then he knew exactly where she was going, and who she was going to be with. She said she was going to Arkham to fight off Crane's putting Flacone in Arkham. Otherwise, you're right, it's a complete stretch. Except it's not like Rachel Dawes, D.A. of Gotham City or Lt. James Gordon of the GCPD can just disappear. The narrows are too small for people like them to disappear.

What pissed me off about that scene was Bruce's line, "Be careful, Rachel. It's in the narrows." And it comes off like an elementary school geography lesson. The way he says it so condescendingly, and adds the little nod of his head.

But then she gives him a reply that's like "Yeah. I know, *****ebag."

13. Sandouras Registered

actually i was more pissed at how badly nolan showed batman rescuing her. A black blurr falling, the thug shouting in pain, a black blurr going up. I know its hard to portray batman pulling up a woman and a kid, but.....meh, it was quite bad.

We are talking about the second. The scene with the "who i am underneath, but what i doooooooooo that defines me" line.

14. Crook Registered

Just took a look at the film again. I mixed up the 2 scenes. My apologies.

But, I was referring to the part where she goes to inoculate Gordon. And since there was no phone call or hint at where she'd exactly be, I think it serves my point even further. ;)

Eh, well by then that was kinda how Batman was being shown throughout the entire film. So I was used to it.

But yes, it was pretty uninspired.

15. Reflectionist Registered

Okay, well, if you take into account as soon as rachel woke up she went to innoculate Gordon.... it makes sense. It's in the morning when she wakes up, Grabs the vials and leaves to find Gordon. That night, something big is going down, and every cop's heading into the Narrows. Gordon's going to be there, Rachel's going to be there. Batman knows for a fact that Gordon won't be hard to find, and if Rachel is there, she'll be looking for Gordon or be with him.

It's like the first season of Heroes. Save the cheerleader, save the world. Find Gordon; find Rachel. And besides, it's Batman, he's not exactly sneaking around, you know.

(I'm just playing devil's advocate here, just so you guys know... i tend to do that.)

16. Sandouras Registered

I think the fact that Rachel found the same kid that batman came across is....mindblowing!!!

Oh please, lets stop this, the whole movie is tearing apart!!!!

17. Crook Registered

Wow, how in the world did I forget that?!

Just thinking about it now--- :funny:

18. Reflectionist Registered

*stops for a second*
    *looks up and to the left*
    *looks down in shame*

Sad. How sad. Well, then again, this is the movie that says Batman was trained by secret dope smoking ninjas in the mountains, so I guess it can pass...........

19. SheldonLevene The Machine

Ok ok how about this one. How about the fact that the only time Bruce and Joker visit Vicky's house in the entire film they happen to bump into each other, and Joker happens to utter his tag line keying Bruce into the fact that he killed his parents and is in fact Jack Napier. Come on guys movies are full of fortunate coincidences.

20. Reflectionist Registered

Cha, but Bat's recognized him at Axis Chem. in the beginning of the movie. Keaton's Bruce was too brooding and thoughtful to be completely in the dark about that.

21. Crook Registered

This part wasn't coincidence. Joker's next line explains exactly why he said it to Bruce.

22. SheldonLevene The Machine

Yeah but the fact that neither Bruce nor Joker goes to Vicky's apartment beforehand is. I realize he always asks that of his prey but everything is built on coincidences.

23. Sandouras Registered

indeed. But if they serve a purpose, i guess its fine. I see no other reason for rachel saving the kid, other than keeping bruce from taking off his mask. For example rachel saving an adult would result in the adult later asking the hot question, asking for ransom, going to the tabloids, etc. The kid was orgasming the whole time! :funny::funny::funny:

24. Sandouras Registered

why? because he always says that to his victims?

PS: didnt like that line.

25. SheldonLevene The Machine

Either way I need the rest of my light bright pieces. My name isn't Adam We.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.