Best Avengers Roster

GNR

Avenger
Reaction score
Self explanatory.

My fav would have to be Stern and Buscema's Avengers consisting of Cap,Wasp,Black Knight,Namor,Hercules,Thor,She Hulk,Captain Marvel and Dr.Druid.

I actually prefer Johns run on Heroes Return to Busiek's. I like Wonder Man and The Vision, but they ere absent from those later stories. But I guess I'll go with, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hank, Jan, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Jack of Hearts, Hawkeye and She-Hulk. I just thought the 15 or so issues before Dissassembled were stellar, even without Simon and Vision.

My favorite run was Bob Harras', and I still like most of the characters from that team.

My personal best Avengers roster would be:

Cap
Iron Man
Thor
Giant-Man
Wasp
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Black Knight
Hercules

Self explanatory.

My fav would have to be Stern and Buscema's Avengers consisting of Cap,Wasp,Black Knight,Namor,Hercules,Thor,She Hulk,Captain Marvel and Dr.Druid.

That's mine as well.

Self explanatory.

My favorite run was Bob Harras', and I still like most of the characters from that team.

My personal best Avengers roster would be:

Cap
Iron Man
Thor
Giant-Man
Wasp
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Black Knight
Hercules

Having Hercules and Thor on the same team is ******ed. Here's mine:

Captain America
Hercules
Wasp
Black Knight
Beast
Wonder Man
Sersi

That's where you're ******ed. ;)

But seriously, having them as active members of the same team is redundant. One of the other, please.

How is it anymore redundant than having Herc and Wonder Man on the same team? Thor can do virtually everything Wonder Man can, plus he's stronger. :confused:

How is it anymore redundant than having Herc and Wonder Man on the same team? Thor can do virtually everything Wonder Man can, plus he's stronger. :confused:

Wonder Man's on the team strictly for his banter with Beast. Nothing more, nothing less. Plus, he's got loads of other powers that Herc doesn't have.

the fact that you guys are wasting time debating on wonder man saddens me. Thor is a better character then that p.o.s.

Lots of things you do sadden me, GAH. So I guess we're even. :(
Wonder Man's on the team strictly for his banter with Beast. Nothing more, nothing less. Plus, he's got loads of other powers that Herc doesn't have.
Yeah, which is why I compared Wonder Man to Thor, not Hercules. Wonder Man doesn't really have any power advantage over Thor. Flight? Thor's got it. Super-strength? Thor's got more of it than Simon. Energy blasts? Thor's got a greater variety than Simon. Plus Thor's got other powers on top of it.

Plus, Thor and Herc could easily create some good banter themselves. They're two loud, boisterous, giant powerhouses. Fun times would be had by all except the Avengers' cowardly lot of villains.

the fact that you guys are wasting time debating on wonder man saddens me. Thor is a better character then that p.o.s.

The fact that I quoted one of your posts and am replying to it saddens me more. Your opinions are worth less then nothing. :up:

Yeah, which is why I compared Wonder Man to Thor, not Hercules. Wonder Man doesn't really have any power advantage over Thor. Flight? Thor's got it. Super-strength? Thor's got more of it than Simon. Energy blasts? Thor's got a greater variety than Simon. Plus Thor's got other powers on top of it.

First of all, you asked why have Herc and Simon on the same team. I answered that question. What does comparing Wonder Man to Thor have anything to do with how I answered the question of "How is it anymore redundant than having Herc and Wonder Man on the same team?"

Plus, Thor and Herc could easily create some good banter themselves. They're two loud, boisterous, giant powerhouses. Fun times would be had by all except the Avengers' cowardly lot of villains.

Sounds a lot like the Ultimates. I'll pass. But really, I like their interaction. I just like Simon and Hank's more. Besides, Thor's the only one with his own book. I get me Thor fill there, without wanting to see him on a fanboyishly stacked Avengers team.

First of all, you asked why have Herc and Simon on the same team. I answered that question. What does comparing Wonder Man to Thor have anything to do with how I answered the question of "How is it anymore redundant than having Herc and Wonder Man on the same team?"

Sounds a lot like the Ultimates. I'll pass. But really, I like their interaction. I just like Simon and Hank's more. Besides, Thor's the only one with his own book. I get me Thor fill there, without wanting to see him on a fanboyishly stacked Avengers team.
I pretty much can't get my fill of Thor. The more he's in, the better. Plus, he's a founder and widely considered one of the big 3 of the Avengers. I'd sooner lose Herc than him. In fact, I'd gladly lose Herc for a Renegades book.

All of this is assuming a Renegades book doesn't happen. And if it did, I honestly think I'd be more into it then any Avengers book at this point.

At this point, absolutely. All we've got is New Avengers, which fluctuates widely between sucking and being decent, Mighty Avengers, which never comes out at all, and Avengers Classic, which is still in the really, really early, rough days before the team really found its footing.

Even the Renegades name is cool. I always sing the Rush Hour Renegades jingle in my head when I read the word. :up:

Even the Renegades name is cool. I always sing the Rush Hour Renegades jingle in my head when I read the word. :up:
I'm unfamiliar with the Rush Hour Renegades. But the Renegades is a cool name. Fitting, too, if they're basically forming to be the voice of reason against both the Hulk/Warbound and the Illuminati/Initiative.

And the Renegades are who exactly? The Herc, Angel, Mastermind Excello team that's formed in World War Hulk?

I disagree about Herc and Thor being bad on the same team. They play together too well. I think one of the most important parts of roster building is the relationships of the characters involved.

For example. If you've got Beast you've gotta have Wonderman. If you've got Vision you've gotta have Scarlet Witch. If you've got Luke Cage you've gotta have Iron Fist.

My team would include

Not factoring in Civil War:
Cap
Thor
Iron man
Herc
Black Knight
Spider-man
Ms Marvel
Quasar (Phylla)

Reserves:
Sersi
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Chrystal of the Inhumans

Factoring in Civil War:
Thor
Herc
Spiderman
Nova
Black Knight
She Hulk
Chrystal of the Inhumans
Sersi

Reserves:
Storm
Black Panther
Luke Cage
Iron Fist

Cap
Iron Man
Thor
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Vision
She-Hulk
Beast
Wonder-man
Namor

I kinda agree with Gyrich in that more than 8 active members becomes a little unwieldy.

On that roster I'd demote Hank, Jan, Wanda and Vis to reserve members and cut Hawkeye altogether.

anyone who doesn't know enough to stop drop and roll just isn't Avengers material.

After that that roster would be awesome. A little short on estrogen but otherwise perfect.

I'm unfamiliar with the Rush Hour Renegades. But the Renegades is a cool name. Fitting, too, if they're basically forming to be the voice of reason against both the Hulk/Warbound and the Illuminati/Initiative.

Jesse and Joey had a radio show where they were the Rush Hour Renegades on Full House. :up:

Oh ****, I remember their radio show! Obviously not in the detail you do, but whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"