Best Origin Movie?

I see I am still alone on voting for Hellboy.... figures.

Yea I wouldn't really consider Blade a origin movie, more of just an introduction you know? But it pisses all over FF in terms of quality IMO.

Agreed

I voted Spider-Man, and would've voted for Batman Begins too had I been able to vote for more than one. Reason being I think they were the two that had the best balance between showing how their respective protagonists became their alter egos and getting on with the real story upon doing so.

Personally, even though I consider Iron Man to be my all-time favorite comic book movie, I don't think it struck that balance as well despite maintaining what I thought was a solid storyline.

And my biggest gripe with Superman '78 was that it was bi-polar when it came to tone. I've always liked the tone of the Krypton/Smallville scenes. But it just becomes to corny for me once it shifts to Metropolis.

Agreed, thats my biggest gripe with the movie really, and why it brings it down so much in my estimation.

I see I am still alone on voting for Hellboy.... figures.

Not a shock, but it is disgusting how ridiculously under-rated both Hellboy movies are.

1. Batman Begins
2. Iron Man
3. Spider-Man

^Is that your list or are you listing the rankings on the poll?

Honestly cant believe as many people voted for Hellboy and Hulk as did Fantastic Four, that honestly shocks and slightly sickens me at the same time.

Superman, Batman Begins, Spider-man, Iron man, and X-men were all such great origin movies.

Hell, even DD: DC wasn't bad as an origin movie (though that may be the huge DD fan in me talkin).

It's hard to choose just one. But I chose Spider-Man because that movie basically turned me into an even bigger comic geek.

The fact that fantastic four even got a vote in general is ridic, but batman begins did it for me. Made me fall in love with movies all over again spiderman and then ironman follows.

The fact that fantastic four even got a vote in general is ridic, but batman begins did it for me. Made me fall in love with movies all over again spiderman and then ironman follows.

:up: absolutely, especially against so much better competition.

Expected to see X-Men and Hellboy with more votes for sure, no surprise my vote, Hulk didnt get many votes to be honest. But I easily find it to be the best of this bunch.

The best origin film also happens to be the first. For my money, Superman: The Movie. No origin film beats it, and I feel it to be the 2nd best DC film of all-time (only behind The Dark Knight).

^I like S:TM and all, but for me it has aged horribly, it has so many cringe-worthy moments now. Some, or a lot of the magic is still there, but it definately gets brought down by the corniness and IMO lack of emotion. Reeve's performance is still brilliant though.

^I like S:TM and all, but for me it has aged horribly, it has so many cringe-worthy moments now. Some, or a lot of the magic is still there, but it definately gets brought down by the corniness and IMO lack of emotion. Reeve's performance is still brilliant though.
But just the sight of Reeve's Superman chasing down a couple of stray military missles is soooo amazing to me still! Reeve is Superman, and embodied his role more than any other superhero actor past or present. With Downy's Tony Stark coming in at a very close second!

Last edited:
But just the sight of Reeve's Superman chasing down a couple of stray military missles is soooo amazing to me still! Reeve is Superman, and embodied his role more than any other superhero actor past or present. With Downy's Tony Stark come in at a very close second!

As for best casting, I think I may have to be right there with you. Ledger was amazing and Snipes was actually more Blade...well, than Blade! But Reeves and Downey so embodied their respective roles that they ARE those characters.

Last edited:
As for best casting, I think I may have to be right there with you. Ledger was amazing and Snipes was actually more Blade...well, than Blade! But Reeves and Downey so embodied their respectively roles that they ARE those characters.
Ledger's Joker would be up there definitely, but his Joker was not the classic iconic Joker. It was a gritty reimagining where as Reeve and Downey took to original iconic character and brought that to the screen!

^I'd have to add Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach in there as well.

I think JEH as Rorschach is No.1 for me. I literally cannot think of one other person on this planet who would of brought ol Raw'shark to life like him.

But just the sight of Reeve's Superman chasing down a couple of stray military missles is soooo amazing to me still! Reeve is Superman, and embodied his role more than any other superhero actor past or present. With Downy's Tony Stark coming in at a very close second!

The movie still has its good moments, that wasnt one of the best for me. Agreed about Reeve, though I thought Routh also did a more than adequate job.

I think JEH as Rorschach is No.1 for me. I literally cannot think of one other person on this planet who would of brought ol Raw'shark to life like him.

Agreed, he was astonishing as Rorschach, I honestly couldnt believe how good he was when I saw the movie, amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"