Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Good. Hopefully it won’t be more 3-4 years but Coogler is a must.

I won't mind another competent director as we might even get a Aliens, The Empire Strikes Back, Blade 2 or even the Winter Soldier situation which all had different directors but at the same time, Coogler brought in some sort of uniqueness to the film that other directors may not be able to adapt.

I won't mind another competent director as we might even get a Aliens, The Empire Strikes Back, Blade 2 or even the Winter Soldier situation which all had different directors but at the same time, Coogler brought in some sort of uniqueness to the film that other directors may not be able to adapt.

Excellent point.

I think for sure Coogler is gonna return. He works on WRONG ANSWER with MBJ by year's end. I'm sure we'll see him do pre-production during 2019 and start filming in 2020 so that the sequel debuts sometime in 2021.

All good sequels but I don’t think they apply here.

Aliens was tonally different from Alien. It went from a horror movie to military action movie. The entire cast with the exception of Ripley also changed. You don’t want that same tonal change with BP2 nor do you want characters to not align with personalities established in the first movie. Yes they can grow and change but the core character should be there.

ESB. I feel like every director these days uses this movie or Wrath of Kahn as a lazy way of saying “going darker”. I don’t think BP2 needs to go darker just because that’s what’s expected. It should continue being a story about how Wakanda deals with its place in the world.

Blade 2. A better movie for sure but the first Blade, while received favorably, wasn’t a cultural event like BP was. Nor was there a clear vision by the director. So I don’t think anyone who saw the second one really cared that it wasn’t the same as the first.

Winter Soldier set 70 years after the first movie. Johnston was the perfect director for a WWII movie. It made sense to get someone who could do a more modern take.

I’m not saying they couldn’t make a good movie without Coogler. Nor am I saying Coogler guarantees a great sequel (see Age of Ultron). But odds are in his favor as long as Marvel gives him time to find the right story and don’t box him in.

I totally forgot about Johnston; and I imagine I'm not the only one.

tumblr_p7pgvuKbBG1rrkahjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p7pgvuKbBG1rrkahjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p7pgvuKbBG1rrkahjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p7pgvuKbBG1rrkahjo4_1280.jpg

Oh T'Challa. What are we going to do about you sir?

Guy probably has had one of the best years of his career but he’s also probably exhausted as fudge.

I wonder then if Black Panther 2 will take place before Infinity War or after Infinity War

Theyre mot killing him off already. It'll be after

Dude needs to get cast in some other films. I wanna see him pull of comedy or maybe a romance drama (for the ladies).

Nice misdirection by Marvel. I thought he'd have a pretty big role in BP. Got all the fans of the film and those intrigued by Wakanda to go check it out.

Guy probably has had one of the best years of his career but he’s also probably exhausted as fudge.

I concur. Spent all of 2017 filming as T'Challa and spent the first half of the year promoting it.

Glad they are willing to wait on Coogler. No need to rush him HC2, GOTG3, Strange 2, and a new franchise can all happen before BP2 and the wait would be that long.

At the same time, i wouldn't mind a change in director that is competent enough.

Black Panther 2 if anything we will get it in Phase 4 but I predict a 2021 or 2022 release

The only person(s) other than Coogler to direct a BP movie for me would be the Russo bros. Either them or keep it with Coogler.

The only person(s) other than Coogler to direct a BP movie for me would be the Russo bros. Either them or keep it with Coogler.

The black community will riot to hear two individuals of Italian descent directing a movie of mainly a black cast.

I wouldn't mind Coogler but I'm just worried the action won't be able to reach it's full potential considering that was most people's complaints about the film.

The black community will riot to hear two individuals of Italian descent directing a movie of mainly a black cast.

I wouldn't mind Coogler but I'm just worried the action won't be able to reach it's full potential considering that was most people's complaints about the film.

IMO, Coogler will expand on the action sequences in the sequel. His strong point is story telling and plot, but I am pretty sure he has developed in his mind (and learned a lot about on-screen action) within the last few months what he needs to do since this IS a CBM when it's all said and done. He has done pretty good for his first big budget movie considering his young age. I mean c'mon, BP will soon be #9 WW in a few days!! I just hope the pressure from the movie going public and Disney suits don't get the best of him.

I'am sure Coogler and his DP now have some experience they will definitely improve with the action and the SFX. Also since Marvel was basically filming BP and IW at the same time, the best stunt / fight people were with the Russo's for IW. Hopefully this won't be the issue with BP2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"