Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

I'm considering it canon; there's no way that scene should've been cut, and you can tell how far along it made it into production before its removal, which just makes it worse. It explains so much and adds more to the various moments these two characters have later on in the film. It also fixes one of the plot holes everyone had with this, the whole "Why didn't T'Challa just tell W'Kabi about Killmonger's interception?" question. (It's also a nice "I don't care" reference.)

Hopefully we'll get to see more soon. I don't have a DVD player so there's no way I'm actually buying it when it comes out.

Last edited:
That scene never should have been taken out. We needed that to show why W'Kabi was so quick to turn on T'Challa.

If they were going to cut this, they should have redid some things so that Okoye and W'Kabi were cousins or siblings. Since they never kissed or even held one another romantically.

In fact it works better in my opinion.

Btw Danai is so damn TALENTED. I hope 9th season of The Walking Dead is her last. She needs some films ASAP.

Ugh... that scene was great. It was needed for the argument and to better show that the two were a couple.

Ugh... that scene was great. It was needed for the argument and to better show that the two were a couple.

^This.

i wonder what exactly was the argument on why it should be cut. Just a 2min scene and it explained so much.

M'Baku of the Jabari Tribe here is hoping he gets much more of a bigger role in Black Panther 2

M'Baku of the Jabari Tribe here is hoping he gets much more of a bigger role in Black Panther 2

I'm sure that's def in the cards. He might first be asking for a bigger role in A4 :sly:

anyone know if some more deleted scenes have been posted online?

Infinity War made me appreciate Black Panther more. Just a better film

I will say the ending of Infinity War also showed BP did drop the ball in terms of CGI and action at the end. Other than that its a superior movie.

Another scene that should of stayed in the movie. It's answered some of questions that some reviewers wanted to know how T'Challa is already Black Panther if his Dad was still King.

I thought that question was pretty firmly answered in both of these movies. That said, this is another scene I like that addressed some things the final cut of the film seemed to have overlooked, like addressing T'Chaka's motivation regarding the addressing the UN. It also actually added some personality to the relationship between T'Challa and Zuri; the promotional materials talked about Zuri being a link to his father and confidant to T'Challa, but I don't think this really carried through in the final film because they really didn't have much interaction outside of official ceremonial stuff and the one scene where T'Challa just starts yelling at him in trying to get information about his uncle and Killmonger.

I wonder what else they have in store.

Another scene that should of stayed in the movie. It's answered some of questions that some reviewers wanted to know how T'Challa is already Black Panther if his Dad was still King.
I think it was sort of implied even in CW that his father had passed the mantle down to him due to age, even if he was going to continue leading. With his father passing, it was clear that the titles of BP and King of Wakanda were joined once again.

I think it was sort of implied even in CW that his father had passed the mantle down to him due to age, even if he was going to continue leading. With his father passing, it was clear that the titles of BP and King of Wakanda were joined once again.

I know, but a lot of the reviews online were pointing this out as being a plothole or wanted it to be explained in the Black Panther solo movie. I think this scene could only help the movie not hurt it.

I actually didn't have too much of a problem seeing it the second time I went to the theater (the trick for me anyway was to find a seat with a much better view of the screen than the first time I watched it) but I do prefer the clarity here. I didn't notice that Nakia actually kicked T'Challa; that would definitely make me freeze! :funny:

Also, another deleted scene: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...anther-exclusive-deleted-scene-160003817.html

Last edited:
Another deleted scene:

[YT]jsOun4fQ0PM[/YT]

Whhyyyyyyy?

These deleted scenes should have remained. Coogler BETTER come back and get HIS editors on this.

I can see why that UN clip was removed as good as it was.

Ditto. Extending the double ending does mess up the flow somewhat, but I wouldn't have minded or noticed if it was in the original cut.

I like all of these scenes, and I appreciate that they've pretty much answered a bunch of plot hole questions I've had to just speculate an answer for. (And the background bits regarding N'Jadaka's mother; it's a significant bit of info that could've just been conveyed more clearly in the story with just an extra line or shot of a photograph.) The story as presented in theaters feels a lot more complete now, so I guess their removal was due more to stylistic choices than redundancy.

Will Ago have a bigger role in the sequel? what do you guys think?

I'm considering it canon; there's no way that scene should've been cut, and you can tell how far along it made it into production before its removal, which just makes it worse. It explains so much and adds more to the various moments these two characters have later on in the film. It also fixes one of the plot holes everyone had with this, the whole "Why didn't T'Challa just tell W'Kabi about Killmonger's interception?" question. (It's also a nice "I don't care" reference.)

Hopefully we'll get to see more soon. I don't have a DVD player so there's no way I'm actually buying it when it comes out.

there's always digital

support the films you enjoy

torrenting is stealing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"