Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

[YT]WS6L_9Yu_y0[/YT]

^^More of stuff like THIS is needed. With bigger budgets.

I've done a lot of research into the orisha spirits I guess, I don't think they consider themselves god. They have very interesting legends perhaps BP could incorporate them into his mythology. I've seen a bunch of art, superhero type art with them featured in it online.

I've done a lot of research into the orisha spirits I guess, I don't think they consider themselves god. They have very interesting legends perhaps BP could incorporate them into his mythology. I've seen a bunch of art, superhero type art with them featured in it online.

I'm no expert. But either way the creators can interpret them how they like. Artistic license and all that.

10411927_10201064811821407_6562094670942228615_n.jpg

:jedi:woot::word:

I quite liked Hancock, it was a fun action movie with some deep themes.

Grossed over 600 million as well, Hancock was very successful.

Indeed. Seemed to get some pretty good buzz as well. Surprising that it never got a sequel.

I hope it's OK to mention Meteor Man here. I feel like seeing that some time.

They Murked the Handcock story so bad that they could not come up with a feasible story For a sequel...

The only way that Hancock 2 would go is reveal other super powered beings. Hancock was good until literally the one hour mark when the whole reveal happened. It also lacked a solid villain.

Hancock had the worst villains I've ever seen grace a screen.

I'm no expert. But either way the creators can interpret them how they like. Artistic license and all that.

I don't mean spirits like how we often envision them with no physical presence and limited power. In the stories I've read they sound like Gods. They were probably refered as that cause Africans that were forced here to the Americas . Hid their old beliefs by calling them saints and spirits.

Hancock got lost half way through, I agree totally.

I think there's room for a sequel, whether you renege on the 'last of their kind' thing, or if you start to deal with Hybrid children with "all the strengths and none of the weaknesses," or a "lex luthor" type who knows all about them and hunts them and pwns them utterly.

I like that the Orisha don't call themselves gods, even though they serve the same roles as gods of other pantheons. I always found it a bit weird that just because you're a super powerful being you get called a god. I wouldn't put them into BP's mythos, I think they stand better on their own. Oya as the protagonist is really awesome.

Last edited:
I always thought the characters from the 1994 movie, "A Low Down Dirty Shame", Shame and Peaches played by Keenen Ivory Wayans and Jada Pinkett-Smith, could be sequel inspiring characters....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Low_down_dirty_shame.jpg
    Low_down_dirty_shame.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4
Cyborg. Black Panther. If there is any justice in this world the next black superhero to get a movie will be...

10547685_10152897289735827_3452941918563957848_n.jpg

...Black Ms. Incredible :hrt:

My lord...that can't be photoshopped.

Live action Static, huh?

Not a solo movie, but I'd really love to see Daughters of the Dragon on either the big screen or Netflix.

I think it should be done as an homage to 1970's kung fu and Blaxploitation cinema with Misty Knight exuding all her Pam Grier like toughness and sexiness, and Colleen Wing flying around on wires Wuxia style. If they did it as a straight-up superhero movie, I don't know that it would work, and aim somewhere between Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, and Big Trouble in Little China on one side and Coffy, Lady Snowblood, Foxy Brown and Come Drink with Me on the other side, with a little film noir and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon thrown in, and we've really got something interesting.

And now Misty Knight in the MCU just became a reality!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"