Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Part of that gripe was that they basically took the Miles Morales storyline and stuck Peter Parker in it.

No, I mean before Holland was cast (and I think they took Peter's story and stuck a bunch of non-whites in it, not Peter in Miles' story). People were saying that Peter needed to be turned black, or that they needed Miles as Spidey. Well . . . an emphatic no, to both. People have even hoped for Holland's Peter to die soon so that Miles can take over (hopefully he will only appear in this animated film). What is destroying Marvel Comics -- an SJW-fueled re-writing of classic, iconic characters to be women or minorities -- cannot extend to the feature films. Make a John Stewart movie, another Blade or Spawn movie, whatever floats your boat, but no minority Superman, Batman, etc.

Part of that gripe was that they basically took the Miles Morales storyline and stuck Peter Parker in it.

Oh gawd yes! Now because they're doing him in animation, he gets all the zanier Spider-related things like Spider-verse.

No, I mean before Holland was cast (and I think they took Peter's story and stuck a bunch of non-whites in it, not Peter in Miles' story). People were saying that Peter needed to be turned black, or that they needed Miles as Spidey. Well . . . an emphatic no, to both. People have even hoped for Holland's Peter to die soon so that Miles can take over (hopefully he will only appear in this animated film). What is destroying Marvel Comics -- an SJW-fueled re-writing of classic, iconic characters to be women or minorities -- cannot extend to the feature films. Make a John Stewart movie, another Blade or Spawn movie, whatever floats your boat, but no minority Superman, Batman, etc.

Jesus, SJW gets used alot when people dislike an alternate take on something. Its so silly if you even try to look at it rationally. I wonder how people reacted to Supergirl and Batgirl when they were created.

Defintely not the same way as Riri and Miles.

God, if your listening, please let the new Spiderverse movie be amazing and then let Miles be the face of spiderman at Sony just so this guy cant justify his views. Amen.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Robotman
Having a black Superman in a movie would actually be pretty culturally significant. Superman is the superhero prototype. He’s the ideal selfless hero who also happens to be the most powerful man on earth. Putting a minority in that role would be huge.
To read more go here.
http://community.comicbookresources...B-DC-push-in-response-to-Black-Panther/page16

http://community.comicbookresources...B-DC-push-in-response-to-Black-Panther/page15

Last edited:
Jesus, SJW gets used alot when people dislike an alternate take on something. Its so silly if you even try to look at it rationally. I wonder how people reacted to Supergirl and Batgirl when they were created.

Defintely not the same way as Riri and Miles.

God, if your listening, please let the new Spiderverse movie be amazing and then let Miles be the face of spiderman at Sony just so this guy cant justify his views. Amen.

Being very fair, a lot of Marvel Comics recent decisions have been more than a little eye-rolly. That said, yeah, "social justice warrior" is a term that has been misappropriated into destruction. It used to mean "somebody who preaches loudly about their liberal social views, more or less just for the attention." You know, bragging about being more progressive than thou, as a status thing ( typically while being a rich white dude or dudette ). Now its been stolen by some truly noxious troglodytes, and used as an epithet for anyone more progressive than the Gor novels. Its detestable, especially since we really could use a term to refer to people who engage in empty moral preening. Sadly, "social justice warrior" can't be that term anymore, because it reminds people of MRAs and such, and inspires a need to take a shower.

If/when Black Panther & Black Lightning are both successful, maybe some indie heroes will get some movie and tv love.

Well now we've got Spawn making a comeback, so I guess you were correct.

I think that Pixar should try their hand at a Frozone film tackling material that is different than what The Incredibles has. For instance I think Frozone and Honey should be currently childless. Maybe show us how Honey and Fro got into a relationship in the first place and explain why she's always against him going out and doing his super thing. Sam ain't getting younger so let's do this sooner than later.

When I watched JURASSIC WORLD the other day, they showed a preview for the Miles Morales animated SPIDER-MAN coming out in December. It looked good.

Series and not a movie but still is relevant to this thread

I watched Fast Color the other night. It's not really a superhero film. More like a superpowered family drama. Like an extended episode of Heroes.

Gugu Mbatha Raw was good as the lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"