Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Thread Manager, Sep 24, 2012.

1. IcedOver

IcedOver Well-Known Member

No, I mean before Holland was cast (and I think they took Peter's story and stuck a bunch of non-whites in it, not Peter in Miles' story). People were saying that Peter needed to be turned black, or that they needed Miles as Spidey. Well . . . an emphatic no, to both. People have even hoped for Holland's Peter to die soon so that Miles can take over (hopefully he will only appear in this animated film). What is destroying Marvel Comics -- an SJW-fueled re-writing of classic, iconic characters to be women or minorities -- cannot extend to the feature films. Make a John Stewart movie, another Blade or Spawn movie, whatever floats your boat, but no minority Superman, Batman, etc.

2. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

Oh gawd yes! Now because they're doing him in animation, he gets all the zanier Spider-related things like Spider-verse.

3. daddydivine

daddydivine I'm black, I can say it.

Jesus, SJW gets used alot when people dislike an alternate take on something. Its so silly if you even try to look at it rationally. I wonder how people reacted to Supergirl and Batgirl when they were created.

Defintely not the same way as Riri and Miles.

God, if your listening, please let the new Spiderverse movie be amazing and then let Miles be the face of spiderman at Sony just so this guy cant justify his views. Amen.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. mace1

mace1 Well-Known Member

5. mace1

mace1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  6. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Being very fair, a lot of Marvel Comics recent decisions have been more than a little eye-rolly. That said, yeah, "social justice warrior" is a term that has been misappropriated into destruction. It used to mean "somebody who preaches loudly about their liberal social views, more or less just for the attention." You know, bragging about being more progressive than thou, as a status thing ( typically while being a rich white dude or dudette ). Now its been stolen by some truly noxious troglodytes, and used as an epithet for anyone more progressive than the Gor novels. Its detestable, especially since we really could use a term to refer to people who engage in empty moral preening. Sadly, "social justice warrior" can't be that term anymore, because it reminds people of MRAs and such, and inspires a need to take a shower.

7. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

8. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

Well now we've got Spawn making a comeback, so I guess you were correct.

9. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

10. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I think that Pixar should try their hand at a Frozone film tackling material that is different than what The Incredibles has. For instance I think Frozone and Honey should be currently childless. Maybe show us how Honey and Fro got into a relationship in the first place and explain why she's always against him going out and doing his super thing. Sam ain't getting younger so let's do this sooner than later.

11. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

When I watched JURASSIC WORLD the other day, they showed a preview for the Miles Morales animated SPIDER-MAN coming out in December. It looked good.