Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Batman vs Superman on Friday and I loved it!. It's my 2nd favorite DC movie to date and only Captain America: TWS, The Dark Knight top it. The one scene I could have done without though is the Knightmare sequence as it took away from the flow of the movie. Wonder Woman was amazing I must say!

I love this version. I actually cared about this Superman and empathized with him. He's great. I love that he is so conflicted as anyone would in his position.

I watched BvS on Friday.

It's not as bad as critics are making it out to be but it's not a great movie.

I just can't get behind Snyder's vision because of everything I've ever watched and read about Batman, Superman and WW.

Wonder Woman was great though, but maybe it's because Snyder didn't have enough time to mess her up.

4 maximum of 5 out of 10.

I saw Batman vs Superman on Friday and I loved it!. It's my 2nd favorite DC movie to date and only Captain America: TWS, The Dark Knight top it. The one scene I could have done without though is the Knightmare sequence as it took away from the flow of the movie. Wonder Woman was amazing I must say!

Didn't love it as much as you did but still think it is a good movie. There are sme problems that i hope the Director's Cut can solve.

I just can't get behind Snyder's vision because of everything I've ever watched and read about Batman, Superman and WW.

Agree. He not understand those characters well. Superman so boring and depressing lol.

If Justice League pt.1 fails, the DC cinematic Universe will be scrapped a second time.
Assuming that thing about Green Lantern supposedly starting the DCCU the first time was true.

They won't scrap it, but I'm much less inclined to watch it.

I'm going to go see it on the big screen in 3-D in about an hour and a half. It looks like the box office is about 170 this weekend which is pretty dang good. Right about what Iron Man 3 came in at. I'm hoping I'll like it better than that as it wasn't one of my favorite MCU movies. So far, the nerdy Christopher Reeve version of superman it's been far away my favorite. I like Henry and thought he was quite good in man from uncle.

My Mac laptop crashed and I'm using the voice recognition on my iPad so please excuse any punctuation or grammatical errors.

I'm depressed at the idea of Snyder returning to helm the Justice League, it'll definitely be panned by critics and divide the audience once more because that's what Snyder does.

Hell after watching BvS all week i've been thinking "at least we got Marvel", least they never f*** up a film as royally as BvS.

I never liked the idea of one director handling so much of the DCU but now after BvS I'm really not happy. Say what u want about the MCU but when i see Iron Man, Cap, Hulk and Thor i feel i see exactly who they are and what they're meant to be. Everyone talks about how great Batman was, but as a massive fan of the character since age 4, i didn't recognize him. All of the visual tropes may have been there, but none of the dark heroism and love for his fellow man. It's like they saw Some of his psychopathic tendencies and focused entirely on that, making him come across as a murdering, psychotic, idiotic child. I was one of those who couldn't see Affleck in the role, and I'll admit his acting was good. But he was failed by the creative team, and so was Cavill for that matter. It felt like a Batman/Superman film made by people who actually hate the characters. DCU has a long way to go in order to compare to the MCU imo.

Ben Affleck's Batman is a mirage. He looks and moves just like Batman. A comic reader's wet dreams come true. But there is something not quite right behind the surface. It feels false. Something wrong in the very foundation of his character.

I'm depressed at the idea of Snyder returning to helm the Justice League, it'll definitely be panned by critics and divide the audience once more because that's what Snyder does.

Hell after watching BvS all week i've been thinking "at least we got Marvel", least they never f*** up a film as royally as BvS.

Yeah, cos Thor : Dark World and Iron Man 3 were SO good...

Yeah, cos Thor : Dark World and Iron Man 3 were SO good...
Iron Man 3 is my favorite IM movie, I find it to be underrated on these boards.
And jokes is not wrong, they did not damage a movie as badly as WB did with DoJ.

Haha, there's only another 11 movies besides those two.

And I'd rather watch either of them instead of BvS.

I actually quite enjoy Iron Man 3.

I find it a constant source of hilarity that people think Iron Man 3 is anywhere near the worst MCU movie. It's in fact one of the best. It has far cleverer social commentary than BvS, achieved with 80% less darkness, 90% more fun and 100% less flowery monologues.

I really enjoyed Iron Man 3.

I find it a constant source of hilarity that people think Iron Man 3 is anywhere near the worst MCU movie. It's in fact one of the best. It has far cleverer social commentary than BvS, achieved with 80% less darkness, 90% more fun and 100% less flowery monologues.

No thanks.

Sorry, flowery.

I was just curious what you meant. lol Flowery describes it better i think.

I personally don't like IM3 much. But it's nothing to do with the talent involved. I love the scripting and RDJs timing and his chemistry with all his supporting cast. But I really don't like the villains. Both Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce are better than the roles they were given. Seeing Kingsley as a real Mandarin or Pearce as something more than a vengeful nerd turned fire breathing businessman would've been exciting.

It's in no way the worst MCU movie/content. Better than both Thor films and leagues above Agents of SHIELD imo. But deciding between rewatching that movie and BvS would be a challenge for me.

Haha, there's only another 11 movies besides those two.

And I'd rather watch either of them instead of BvS.

I actually quite enjoy Iron Man 3.

I'd take BvS over any Marvel film any day. Appreciate I'm a DC fan over Marvel any day of the week but I simply enjoy their films more, genuinely enjoy them more, better production value, story telling, performances, everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"