The Dark Knight BOF Report 4/17

StorminNorman said:
Well to be fair those movies all were made from books, and so studious would of found it hard to add a love interest. However, IMO, a case could be made that GOF had enough romantic tension to qualify.

And all the Batman movies were made from various comics. Many of which had no love interest for Batman like TLH.

Yeah, I agree about the GOF part.

StorminNorman said:
I must say, this has been the perfect ending for a horrible day....

don't worry man, it's probley just a rumor like when they said Nolan was keen of getting Depp, I would bet Bettany is still in it!!!!

I'm thinking Bettany may be out also. Can it be possible that Law is a candidate for Joker now?

Jude Law for The Joker...yuck. I hope Bettany is still a contender.

Super_Ludacris said:
Possibly or maybe the Johnny Depp rumour has returned

I was once hoping for Depp but doesn't look like it's very likely.

Mr. Socko said:
And all the Batman movies were made from various comics. Many of which had no love interest for Batman like TLH.

Yeah, I agree about the GOF part.

but the Batman movies came from no one comic, and so the directors had room to create their owns sub plots.

Look at H2G2 - while based on the book, it included aspects from many of the books and brough in new plots completely. Thus they were able to add in Arthur and Trillian (and Zaphod and the VP) as couples

Mr. Socko said:
Jude Law for The Joker...yuck. I hope Bettany is still a contender.

You know if Bettany is really out of the race, they can name ANY 2nd contender and it won't matter becaue it's HULME will get it 100% guarentee!

The-Night said:
You know if Bettany is really out of the race, they can name ANY 2nd contender and it won't matter becaue it's HULME will get it 100% guarentee!

Hulme>>>>>>>>Jude Law

Depp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jude Law

Anyone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jude Law

Gyllenhaal would be my hope for the new name in the race. While Bettany is still my favorite - and own the role IMO - Gyllenhaal could play the Joker very well, and I would have no problem with him getting it.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Yeah, everyone loves those films. :confused:

Brokeback Mountain (which to be honest, I have not seen) got quite a few Oscar nominations. He also managed to make the otherwise rediculous Bubbleboy watchable.

Forget Law. Next thing you know you'll want Green Day to make a cameo as The Joker's henhcmen.

Road to Perdition was good......

Cold Mountain and Brokeback?? Blah...and booooooring.....

i think Gyllenhaal would be a bad choice to play Joker......

Mr. Socko said:
Hulme>>>>>>>>Jude Law

Depp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jude Law

Anyone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jude Law

No

Jude Law=General Zod

He was born for the Superman series. not Batman!!!

I really need to see Jarhead. Everyone says that it shows how Gyllenhaal would make a great Joker, because without having seen that, I really do not see him in the role at all.

StorminNorman said:
but the Batman movies came from no one comic, and so the directors had room to create their owns sub plots.

Look at H2G2 - while based on the book, it included aspects from many of the books and brough in new plots completely. Thus they were able to add in Arthur and Trillian (and Zaphod and the VP) as couples

Very true:up:

kytrigger said:
I really need to see Jarhead. Everyone says that it shows how Gyllenhaal would make a great Joker, because without having seen that, I really do not see him in the role at all.

WTF? Was his role in Jarhead similiar to The Joker? Idk but I doubt it.

Mr. Socko said:
No, but I have heard that he flips out in the movie and it shows how manic and evil he can be.

I hope it's Liev Schreiber as Dent.He can play both a serious guy and a crazy wacked out guy.

kytrigger said:
No, but I have heard that he flips out in the movie and it shows how manic and evil he can be.

If anything Gyllenhaal should be in the running for Black Mask, besides I relaly doubt Bettany is out of the race becuae to be honest with you if there's anybody that I want competing against Hulme for The JOker it's Bettany!!!!!

Mr. Socko said:

it showed Gyllenhaal plays a slightly psycotic person (a very psycotic person at times), which shows he can be more than just a gay cowboy. :o

I love how people are ready to write off Bettany just because of rumor from BOF. Even if Jett's news is accurate - and Jett has a decent track record - he didn't name any names. And let's face it, Jett said a rumored "front runner" was now out, and he's usually referred to Hulme as the "front runner."

So there's no reason it couldn't be Hulme who's out, and not Bettany. Of course the whole story could be untrue, or it could be Bettany after all.

But I'm not ready to start assuming anything based on a piece of non-specific news. We'll get more details later. For right now, I'm gonna just wait and see.

DV8 said:
I'll tell you what I think . . . I think Bettany is definitely OUT, and I think that they're going to look at Christopher Ecclesten as another possible Joker candidate . . . this is interesting; I think Ecclesten is much better suited as the Joker than Bettany, and if it were Ecclesten and Hulme, It'd make it a hard choice

Ecclesten was up for the role of Scarecrow before Murphy nabbed it . . .

i would love to see Eccleston as the next possible Joker candidate! He ahs been one of favorites since on of his manips as joker was posted on this forums. It just seemed there was not heat behind him....it wouldn't surprise me if he is being considered now. It should be between him and Hulme. Eccleston and Hulme sicne day one....have everything you would want in a Joker. Height, build, and most importantly the facial features! Hulme and Eccleston have had the best manips made of them on this site as Joker. It seems Bettany is the one who is out now.

The-Night said:
If anything Gyllenhaal should be in the running for Black Mask, besides I relaly doubt Bettany is out of the race becuae to be honest with you if there's anybody that I want competing against Hulme for The JOker it's Bettany!!!!!

I agree. The race is most interesting with Hulme vs Bettany where half is going for Bettany and half going for Hulme.

If it's Gyllenhaal vs Hulme, everyone is going to go for Hulme.

If it's Law vs Hulme, everyone is going to go for Hulme.

Whats the point in watching a race when you know who's going to win?

Dark Knight said:
i would love to see Eccleston as the next possible Joker candidate! He ahs been one of favorites since on of his manips as joker was posted on this forums. It just seemed there was not heat behind him....it wouldn't surprise me if he is being considered now. It should be between him and Hulme. Eccleston and Hulme sicne day one....have everything you would want in a Joker. Height, build, and most importantly the facial features! Hulme and Eccleston have had the best manips made of them on this site as Joker. It seems Bettany is the one who is out now.

I thought eccleston was the new conternder but it says that the person was named for another role in the sequel and ecclseston has only been mentioned for Joker!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"