The Dark Knight BOF Report 4/17

I believe they're going right into pre-production after Nolan and Bale and Caine finish the Prestige.

From BOF "Bale is to begin filming the next BATMAN film sometime in early '07"

Thanks. Seems they probably wont finish up casting the roles for awhile then.

I don't care if they are British or not just as long as they are right for the part.

BEcause there's already 3. Bale, Caine and Nolan. This is not British Batman movie this is American Batman movie.

explode7 said:
BEcause there's already 3. Bale, Caine and Nolan. This is not British Batman movie this is American Batman movie.
With the exception of Katie Holmes and Morgan Freeman, the major stars of Batman Begins are not American. Yet they played their respective roles wonderfully.

You'll learn to live with it.

No I already learned to live it since before BB. The thing is I prefer an American joker instead.

explode7 said:

Who cares if Nolan is a brit. Ang Lee is asian and he did Hulk! Bale owns ALL as does Caine so WHO CARES!

explode7 said:
No I already learned to live it since before BB. The thing is I prefer an American joker instead.
If there's no recognizable accent, why does it matter?

I don't really care is just that I want someone American playing a major role for a change especially the joker.

explode7 said:
I don't really care is just that I want someone American playing a major role for a change especially the joker.
For a change?

Who played The Joker in the first Batman movie? Jack Nicholson.
Where was he born? New Jersey, USA.

i've never noticed but Law would make a great Joker judging from the Pics in this thread, if it is Bettany that is out, i hope it is Law that becomes a new frontrunner.
Him or Depp, Depp is still my 1st choice.

Brian2887 said:
I'm really starting to think it's Law that's moved into contention for the Joker role. Let's examine the evidence:

1. When Law's name came up, Jett "assumed" it was in reference to the Harvey Dent role. If you read around the boards here, however, a lot of fans agreed Law was likely a candidate for Joker and Jett simply let a personal casting opinion overshadow the story that Jude Law was up for a role. Now, we're hearing an actor that was rumored for another role is up for Joker.

Chances are, Jude Law has always been in contention for the Joker. The fact that he was rumored for Dent only came from Jett's imagination.

I mean, look at the guy. Does he look more like Dent, or The Joker?
alfie5.jpg

enemy2.jpg

skyprec2.jpg

globes9.jpg

globes10.jpg

oscars3.jpg

Exactly what I thought when I first heard him linked with Dent. He does really remind me of The Joker.

explode7 said:

Dee dee dee!

explode7 said:
Though you fail to point out Bale and Nolan have spent extensive time in America in both childhood and their adult lives, and Nolan has duel British and American citizenship.

CConn said:
Though you fail to point out Bale and Nolan have spent extensive time in America in both childhood and their adult lives, and Nolan has duel British and American citizenship.

Its not even worth it arguing with these kinds of people, CConn. Its a very typical American attitude of assumed superiority.

Maxwell Smart said:
Its not even worth it arguing with these kinds of people, CConn. Its a very typical American attitude of assumed superiority.

Yeah.. I'm an American, but I can't help but recognize that British actors kick our actors' asses.

Brian2887 said:
Yeah.. I'm an American, but I can't help but recognize that British actors kick our actors' asses.

thats true..

But I don't see Jude Law as The Joker OR Dent. :o

The Fallen said:
Who cares if Nolan is a brit. Ang Lee is asian and he did Hulk! Bale owns ALL as does Caine so WHO CARES!

Never use the words "Nolan" and "Ang Lee" in the same post. Unless you are saying how superior Nolan is. Ang Lee's Hulk sucked on so many levels. Atleast Hulk looked good tho. BrokeBack Mountain sucked too. Really makes you think that Ang should go back to Hidden Dragon movies.

Maxwell Smart said:
Thank God I'm from Canada.

Mr. Socko said:
Never use the words "Nolan" and "Ang Lee" in the same post. Unless you are saying how superior Nolan is. Ang Lee's Hulk sucked on so many levels. Atleast Hulk looked good tho. BrokeBack Mountain sucked too. Really makes you think that Ang should go back to Hidden Dragon movies.

I was just using Lee as an example of non-american people in american comic book character movies. Yes Hulk sucked massive which is a shame because it could have been one of the great comic franchises, up there with Spider-Man, X-Men and even Batman and Superman.

explode7 said:

The brits are doing extremely well and I'm glad they are in charge of this franchise, we had 4 chances and we blew it up the keyster!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"