Breaking Bad - - Part 15

Stay out of my territory, partner.

3bwv844aiiw11.jpg

HOLY ****.

I am copying the **** out of that.

Damn, that is a top effort! :funny:

It's unclear if the two-hour project will be released theatrically or made for television.

A new chapter in Breaking Bad is in the works.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan is working on a two-hour movie, though it remains unclear if that will be released theatrically or made for television.

Representatives for Gilligan and Breaking Bad producers Sony Pictures Television did not immediately respond to THR's requests for comment.

Details on the Breaking Bad movie, which has been floating around the industry with a possible fake/working title of Greenbrier, are slim. It's unclear if the movie would be another prequel — like AMC's Better Call Saul —or a follow-up of some sort. It's also unclear is if any of the original stars, like Bryan Cranston or Aaron Paul, are involved in the new project, which sources stress will be set in the existing Breaking Bad franchise.

Funny how this news comes right after the announcement of the TWD movies. This will be the same as those I'd bet - televised, but probably run first on their premium streaming platform.

'Breaking Bad' Movie From Creator Vince Gilligan in the Works
Gilligan, sources say, will pen the script, executive produce and possibly direct. Breaking Bad and prequel series Better Call Saul exec producers Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein are also said to be attached to the film project, which is said to follow the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom. Production is expected to begin this month in New Mexico. The New Mexico Film Office confirmed that a project with the title of Greenbrier is slated to shoot in in the region.
OYjcmXA.gif

Oh yeah. If it's set in this world and has that plot line, I'd be shocked if this wasn't Jesse post-Felina.

I’m not gonna lie, I was always curious about Jesse’s life post-BB, even moreso than anything we’ve seen on Better Call Saul. I might be up for this.

I remember Vince saying at some point after the finale that, as uplifting as that final moment was for Jesse, his fingerprints were still all over that lab. He's definitely not out of the woods.

I'm intrigued. Also a little torn on the idea of following up on the series finale.

As long as Gilligan and his crew are attached to it, i'm all for it. Better Call Saul has gotten better and better with each season.

I thought BB’s ending was perfect so I can’t say I ever wanted this, but I trust Vince more than any TV writer on the planet, so I’m in.

Wow so it is about Jesse. Looking forward to it.

A part of me just kind of wants to let Jesse's story end in the finale, but with Better Call Saul exceeding expectations, I think Gilligan deserves a chance here. The guy's earned it!

No matter how this turns out, I'll take it over Jesse popping up on Better Call Saul, because I really see no way for that to work.

Really, really don't want this. Goddamn, hasn't the kid been through enough? :p Just let him get away with it, stay clean, and start a family and that carpentry business somewhere.

Mixed feelings about this. I'm always more on the side of "just let it be, don't mess with it". On the other hand, is Vince Gilligan. That man has earned the right to do whatever he wants. He is the only reason I'm on board with this. *Procede with caution*

I don't know how to feel about this as I felt that the series finale of Breaking Bad was perfect (I still haven't seen Better Call Saul as I'm not a fan of prequels).

I like the idea of Jesse having a somewhat happy ending by getting away, having a new identity and living a quiet life in Alaska. But the thing is his fingerprints is all over the lab and he's surely a wanted man. I doubt that Jesse will ever get over the events in BB so I wouldn't be surprised if Vince Gilligan explored Jesse's state of mind and that Jesse perhaps has PTSD.

Well, yeah. all of the emotional distress stuff is great and all. Just not sure we actually need to see it.

I guess maybe if he's staying on the right side of the law, the DEA tracks him down and he turns informant, that's way more digestible. I just can't get on board with the idea of another rival cartel/unexplored type of gang (we've had the low-level local guys, the Mexicans, the corporate types, and the Nazis, it might feel a little forced throwing some other new type of gang at us for the hell of it) drawing Jesse back in. I kind of feel like post-Walt Jesse really would just stand his ground and tell them to go **** themselves, and they kill him or whatever.

Just hate the idea of Jesse actually cooking again, it really cheapens the core series for me somehow. Hopefully they have something a little more tangential in mind, taking him off in another direction. But the Nazis should have broken that side of the guy for good, he genuinely wants out and isn't willing to get in bed with crooks again.

I thought BB’s ending was perfect so I can’t say I ever wanted this, but I trust Vince more than any TV writer on the planet, so I’m in.
I wasn't looking for anything more after that great ending but will keep an ear out for how this sounds as we get news on it.

Depending on how the "Gene" storyline on Better Call Saul turns out, I could see Saul and Jesse crossing paths again. It doesn't need to happen but it could be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"