Breaking Bad - - Part 15

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Reek _____

el camino was ok... its not worth seeing in theaters. dont waste that money. all the characters look 10 years older or are fat (todd) and its weird as **** seeing that.... the climax doesnt pay off at all cause theres really no reason to give a ****.

2. WhoMani Registered

This movie was very much Jesse’s story. It was a fitting end to his character arc and if you're a fan of Jesse Pinkman then you will be satisfied with how the movie wraps up his story.

If you go in expecting some large sweeping new story, you'll be disappointed and it may come across as fan service for some people which I fully understand. If you go in expecting one part fan service and one part tying up loose ends, you'll be happy. I personally enjoyed it very much and I hope Vince Gilligan doesn't write anymore Breaking Bad related stuff in the future. I fully expect Aaron Paul to get some nominations for his performance in El Camino.

KaijuDude1992, kvz5 and Slick like this.
  3. Reek _____

4. flickchick85 Mod of Might

Damn, I'm watching the movie right now and was so happy when he showed back up. RIP. :(

WhoMani and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  5. flickchick85 Mod of Might

Well, as someone who always loved Jesse Pinkman, I was very happy with this movie. Was it necessary? Not really, but it was a nice epilogue, well made, and I'm glad it exists.

That said, making it so flashback-heavy might not have been the wisest decision considering how noticeably everyone has aged, lol. But I appreciated the fan service nonetheless.

WhoMani, KaijuDude1992, kvz5 and 2 others like this.
  6. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Yeah I also really enjoyed El Camino, and as someone who just recently finished binging the whole show I can't be more glad that we got this movie, especially from Jesse's perspective and with some actual closure. Aaron Paul can really carry a movie, and it kind of saddens me that such a talented guy isn't getting more work in Hollywood. I mean Need for Speed wasn't that bad IMO. Also, RIP Robert Forester.

Slick and flickchick85 like this.
  7. harlequinade The May Queen

He is gonna be in new Westworld season and frankly given how bad season 2 was his involvement in it is probably the only thing worth hyping about this show atm lol

8. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

I loved it.

**** you, Todd!

9. DyeLorean will return

This was a huge gamble. A movie after one of the best series AND best finales ever? Oh no. But, I trusted Vince Gilligan. And I'm glad I did. El Camino works as a very entertaining epilogue that keeps the Breaking Bad suspense and atmosphere. Some might think it was unnecessary. And to some extent that is true. However, we now have a clear resolution to Jesse's storyline. And it doesn't taint the series. It was also strangely satisfying re-entering this universe with one particular character. Like a lost memory. I liked this movie a lot, from the script, the direction and the cinematography and made me miss the show once again.

KaijuDude1992 and WhoMani like this.
  10. WhoMani Registered

11. Kane52630 XO USER

His scene was easily one of the big highlights for me.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  12. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

Just watched this show for the very first time and binged all of it throughout the week finishing this morning. I really feel like this is one of the most, if not the most masterfully crafted pieces of television ever produced. Loved it so, so much.

Now on to BCS and El Camino.