Breaking Bad - - Part 15

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Reek _____

el camino was ok... its not worth seeing in theaters. dont waste that money. all the characters look 10 years older or are fat (todd) and its weird as **** seeing that.... the climax doesnt pay off at all cause theres really no reason to give a ****.

2. WhoMani Registered

This movie was very much Jesse’s story. It was a fitting end to his character arc and if you're a fan of Jesse Pinkman then you will be satisfied with how the movie wraps up his story.

If you go in expecting some large sweeping new story, you'll be disappointed and it may come across as fan service for some people which I fully understand. If you go in expecting one part fan service and one part tying up loose ends, you'll be happy. I personally enjoyed it very much and I hope Vince Gilligan doesn't write anymore Breaking Bad related stuff in the future. I fully expect Aaron Paul to get some nominations for his performance in El Camino.

KaijuDude1992, kvz5 and Slick like this.
  3. Reek _____

4. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Damn, I'm watching the movie right now and was so happy when he showed back up. RIP. :(

WhoMani and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  5. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Well, as someone who always loved Jesse Pinkman, I was very happy with this movie. Was it necessary? Not really, but it was a nice epilogue, well made, and I'm glad it exists.

That said, making it so flashback-heavy might not have been the wisest decision considering how noticeably everyone has aged, lol. But I appreciated the fan service nonetheless.

WhoMani, KaijuDude1992, kvz5 and 2 others like this.
  6. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Yeah I also really enjoyed El Camino, and as someone who just recently finished binging the whole show I can't be more glad that we got this movie, especially from Jesse's perspective and with some actual closure. Aaron Paul can really carry a movie, and it kind of saddens me that such a talented guy isn't getting more work in Hollywood. I mean Need for Speed wasn't that bad IMO. Also, RIP Robert Forester.

Slick and flickchick85 like this.
  7. harlequinade DayGirl

He is gonna be in new Westworld season and frankly given how bad season 2 was his involvement in it is probably the only thing worth hyping about this show atm lol

8. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

I loved it.

**** you, Todd!

9. DyeLorean will return

This was a huge gamble. A movie after one of the best series AND best finales ever? Oh no. But, I trusted Vince Gilligan. And I'm glad I did. El Camino works as a very entertaining epilogue that keeps the Breaking Bad suspense and atmosphere. Some might think it was unnecessary. And to some extent that is true. However, we now have a clear resolution to Jesse's storyline. And it doesn't taint the series. It was also strangely satisfying re-entering this universe with one particular character. Like a lost memory. I liked this movie a lot, from the script, the direction and the cinematography and made me miss the show once again.

KaijuDude1992 and WhoMani like this.
  10. WhoMani Registered

11. Kane52630 Timmverse User

His scene was easily one of the big highlights for me.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  12. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

Just watched this show for the very first time and binged all of it throughout the week finishing this morning. I really feel like this is one of the most, if not the most masterfully crafted pieces of television ever produced. Loved it so, so much.

Now on to BCS and El Camino.

13. Sawyer High King

I just got the Binging with Babish cookbook and am absolutely furious that he did the Los Pollos Hermanos chicken recipe too recently to be included with the book...

Kane52630 likes this.
  14. Filmfan93 The Man in Black

Never seen Better Call Saul.

Thinking of doing a marathon of re-watching Breaking Bad (haven't re-watched it since my first viewing 5 years ago), then later watching BCS for the first time.

I am excited!

15. DyeLorean will return

Better Call Saul is a slow burn but easily the best show on TV right now.
    History has taught us that this kind of prequels/spinoffs don't work, yet for some miracle BCS does work, brilliantly if I may say. A companion piece to BB with characters that are just as good, and in some cases maybe even better.

16. elvis Registered

I prefer BCS actually. BB was good but overrated, imo.

17. Detective Conan Registered

I think Saul is a objectively better crafted show than BB was, but given a choice between the two of them, BB will always win out for me. Walt’s character arc will always be more fascinating for me to watch than Saul’s which you pretty much know where he ends up even though you don’t know how he ends up. Part of the fun of watching BB when it was airing was not knowing both the how and the where. Of course, the brilliant execution obviously plays more of a factor into why BB works as well as it does than hindsight of not knowing what ultimately happens, but a prequel to a story I’ve already seen the end of is not my preference overall. Not matter how brilliantly its done.

Plus Walt and Jesse will always be one of my favorite fictional duos ever. Right up there with Doc and Marty McFly for me. I love that dynamic, which is kind of missing for me in Saul.

Though I will say Saul will pretty much go down as arguably the best prequel ever.

#367 Detective Conan, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    elvis likes this.
  18. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

There ain't exactly stiff competition there, but that doesn't diminish how great BCS actually is. It's maybe the only prequel I know of that not only doesn't sour the original but actually makes it better. It walks the high-wire act of working as its own story and also as a sibling to BrBa.