Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Brett Dalton is Agent Grant Ward

Still not convinced he's Hydra. I think he's something else entirely. He's working for someone else. He never said Hail Hydra...if he WAS Hydra I feel the writers would have had him say it just before killing Hand.

But let's say he did say it. If he were undercover, wouldn't you expect him to say that? Suppose it was May who went undercover instead, and she's definitely a genuine SHIELD agent. To gain Hydra's trust, you'd expect her to say "Hail Hydra".

So the absence or presence of Ward saying it doesn't really mean much either way. If he said it, it doesn't confirm he is Hydra 100%, and if he didn't say it, it doesn't confirm he isn't.

I think it would cool if Ward was a double agent working inside both Shield and Hydra for AIM.

But let's say he did say it. If he were undercover, wouldn't you expect him to say that? Suppose it was May who went undercover instead, and she's definitely a genuine SHIELD agent. To gain Hydra's trust, you'd expect her to say "Hail Hydra".

So the absence or presence of Ward saying it doesn't really mean much either way. If he said it, it doesn't confirm he is Hydra 100%, and if he didn't say it, it doesn't confirm he isn't.

I think the point is his "turn" is different that everyone else's (Pierce, Sitwell, Garrett). Everyone else had no personality change, kept up their usual manner, and just explained why they logically thought siding with Hydra was the best choice. No sudden switch to a crazy villianous character. No yelling.

Ward doesn't do that. He becomes silent, glaring and sinister looking, which is the opposite of what everyone else did.

It definitely makes it look suspect. Honestly if he'd high fived Garrett, and said Hail Hydra it would have looked less suspicious.

I think it would cool if Ward was a double agent working inside both Shield and Hydra for AIM.

OR for TEN RINGS (just saying). In MCU One-Shot "All Hail The King", showed that they use highly skilled agents also, with Ward-like super-spy skill sets.

Last edited:
xeUNiiv.png

"In hindsight, Taco Bell is a pretty terrible way to prep for a deadly knife fight with a half dozen men."

I think the point is his "turn" is different that everyone else's (Pierce, Sitwell, Garrett). Everyone else had no personality change, kept up their usual manner, and just explained why they logically thought siding with Hydra was the best choice. No sudden switch to a crazy villianous character. No yelling.

Ward doesn't do that. He becomes silent, glaring and sinister looking, which is the opposite of what everyone else did.

It definitely makes it look suspect. Honestly if he'd high fived Garrett, and said Hail Hydra it would have looked less suspicious.

Ward doesn't come off as a Hydra agent at all. He's loyalty is to Garrett alone, and that's the way Garrett would prefer it. Garrett has made it clear he's running his own show separate from Hydra's objectives.

If anything, Ward has turned out to be most like Coulson. This last episode showed the parallel between Ward's and Coulson's characters. Coulson's breakdown in the snow, as he defended his unbreakable/insane loyalty to Fury (the guy who recruited him out of high school), is the same kind of loyalty Ward has for Garrett (the guy who recruited him out of high school).

Coulson's loyalty is paying off. Ward's is...well, he is at least second guessing some of that loyalty he has for Garrett (mostly in regards to Skye getting shot and potential for further harm). He's torn between his old, deep loyalty to Garrett, and new attachments (as his argument with Garrett this episode implies).

Ward isn't the boyscout he portrayed; he's not Captain America, he's this show's Black Widow (before going all good), with infiltration, espionage, assassinations and a murky past. Its a good change into a not so good guy.

Ward isn't the boyscout he portrayed; he's not Captain America, he's this show's Black Widow (before going all good), with infiltration, espionage, assassinations and a murky past. Its a good change into a not so good guy.

Hmmm, if he changed into a "not so good guy", then when was he a good guy? If was on mission the entire time and simply following orders and deceiving everyone then wasnt he bad all along? I love the twist with his character and Im in the camp of keeping him as is. He has a heart and does care for the team but at the end of the day it was all a job! If they try to get in his way They are simply obstacles....although Im sure if he had to shoot someone he would definitely have an internal struggle.

Ward doesn't come off as a Hydra agent at all. He's loyalty is to Garrett alone, and that's the way Garrett would prefer it. Garrett has made it clear he's running his own show separate from Hydra's objectives.

If anything, Ward has turned out to be most like Coulson. This last episode showed the parallel between Ward's and Coulson's characters. Coulson's breakdown in the snow, as he defended his unbreakable/insane loyalty to Fury (the guy who recruited him out of high school), is the same kind of loyalty Ward has for Garrett (the guy who recruited him out of high school).

Coulson's loyalty is paying off. Ward's is...well, he is at least second guessing some of that loyalty he has for Garrett (mostly in regards to Skye getting shot and potential for further harm). He's torn between his old, deep loyalty to Garrett, and new attachments (as his argument with Garrett this episode implies).

I'm thinking Ward is Chaotic Neutral. He may be working for someone...but it's not on the side of SHIELD or Hydra.

OK........Ward has broken out of SHIELD custody....we know episode 8 he kidnaps his brother....whats his main objective? Is he still an ally? Is he Hydra?
Any guesses on what he will become since he is no longer in jail.....??
----------------------
My guess...he will find a way to redeem himself.....but he can never go back to his former team.....
The Director will eventually grant (no pun intended) Ward a shot as a mercenary with a new Thunderbolts Program with others trying to redeem themselves

Just a guess

I hope Ward sides with Hydra. Did he just kill more SHIELD agents or merely knock them out? I'm guessing he killed them.

Anyway, are Hydra still open to having him on their side or has he been written off as a liability?

He was NEVER loyal to HYDRA to begin with. It was Garrett whom he was loyal to. I'd prefer that he be an unpredictable "wild card" who's true agenda is somewhat unclear.

I hope Ward sides with Hydra. Did he just kill more SHIELD agents or merely knock them out? I'm guessing he killed them.

Anyway, are Hydra still open to having him on their side or has he been written off as a liability?

I'm thinking when he shot the gun....it was to shoot a way out...aka shoot the door lock or something.......
If he killed again....then all bets are off.....he may not be Hydra....
But something else Evil.....
Maybe hell track down Raina

Just rewatched the latest episode (2x06), and at the very beginning, there's a quick shot of Ward fidgeting with his hands, almost as if he's practicing the whole "dislocating the thumb" jig that he pulls off at the end. This is just before he begins his daily exercise routine.

There's a couple of subtle things in this episode that sound like they may be setting up future questions. Jemma comments on Ward beginning his exercise routine at exactly 5 o'clock every day, despite having no clock or sunlight. How does he do this?

Obviously there's the whole "which brother is telling the truth" question. But then there's also the thing Christian said about a different look in Ward's eye's when he was torturing his younger brother, and then a second later, he was back to being Ward again. That could certainly just be a figure of speech. But could it be setting up something more? Probably not.

Finally, it's also worth noting that the younger brother is probably still alive as well, since Grant asks Skye "which one?" when she asks about his brother.

RIGHT ^^^^ Maybe all 3 Ward Brothers are crazy......

And there's still the sister who we know nothing about.

Even before we knew Ward was bad, I definitely remember thinking that the "older brother" in the flashback scene looked a hell of a lot more like Brett Dalton than the one that was supposedly Ward.

Earlier this season i taught ward was playing skye but with his comment to couson 'this doesn't change anything, tell her i will keep my promise' maybe he is just mental, has he substituted garrett for skye, he needs someone who withholds affection then gives approval.

Earlier this season i taught ward was playing skye but with his comment to couson 'this doesn't change anything, tell her i will keep my promise' maybe he is just mental, has he substituted garrett for skye, he needs someone who withholds affection then gives approval.

Potentially useful insight into the writers plans for Grant Ward

I hope the government doesnt give him a GRANT or a pardon

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"