Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Brian Patrick Wade IS The Absorbing Man

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/8/21/23132/crusher_creel_to_menace_marvels_agents_of_shield.

53f63eb47f58d.jpg

Crusher Creel to Menace Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Carl "Crusher" Creel, known to Marvel fans as the Absorbing Man in the comics, will bring his unique power set to "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." with the season premiere Tuesday, September 23 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC!

With the news we've also got your EXCLUSIVE first look at Brian Patrick Wade ("Generation Kill," "Teen Wolf") as Creel directly below! With his ability to absorb the properties of anything he touches, Creel will put Coulson and his team through their paces when their second season kicks off...but you'll have to wait until then to see how their battle turns out!

Wade joins a number of new characters and guest stars on the series' second season, including the previously announced Adrianne Palicki (Bobbi Morse, a.k.a. Mockingbird), Lucy Lawless (Agent Isabelle Hartley), Reed Diamond (Daniel Whitehall), Nick Blood (Lance Hunter), Henry Simmons (Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie), and Kyle MacLachlan (Skye's father), alongside the returning cast of Clark Gregg (Director Coulson), Ming-Na Wen (Agent May), Brett Dalton (Grant Ward), Elizabeth Henstridge (Agent Simmons), Iain De Caestecker (Agent Fitz), and Chloe Bennet (Agent Skye).

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is Executive Produced by Joss Whedon ("Marvel's The Avengers," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." pilot co-writers ("Dollhouse," "Dr.Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"); Jeffrey Bell ("Angel," "Alias"); and Jeph Loeb ("Smallville," "Lost," "Heroes").

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is produced by Marvel Television and ABC Studios.

For more information on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," and the other exciting Marvel Television series, stay tuned to Marvel.com.

I guess he looks not bad. I thought Crusher Creel would be a bit bigger with more of a meat head, but maybe they can't get someone as big. But doesn't he grow in size as well when he uses his powers?

Post an image of the comic version as well.

3176345-0372056419-Carl_.jpg

619.jpg

Crusher_Creel.jpg

Wade looks considerably less threatening and with a much smaller brow. He better have the ball and chain. That's his signature weapon.

Awww, ****. Now this is one character I want to see make the transition to the big screen and fight Hulk.

Awww, ****. Now this is one character I want to see make the transition to the big screen and fight Hulk.

He should fight both Hulk and Thor. Or the Avengers.

If he fought Hulk, it would make up for the crappy Nick Nolte bastardised version we got in Ang Lee's Hulk where "David" Banner was the Absorbing Man of sorts.

I'd love to see a recreation of this battle:

Avengers_Vol_1_183.jpg

You'd have to substitute someone else for Beast, but that's not a problem.

Snap, even if he was just a bit villain like Batroc was in Cap TWS, I really wanted to see him fight Hulk, or even Thor for that matter, if the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D can go up against him chances are he won't be as powerful as he is in the comics.

I just hope cheap TV cgi can do him some level of justice.

I'm guessing that in AOS, he won't have as many interesting things to absorb. Whereas if he fought the Avengers, he could absorb Thor's hammer, Cap's shield or Hulk's gamma strength.

Absorbing Man?! Yes!! One of my favorite villains. That's what I'm talkin about! :)

I looked on IMDB. It says Wade is 6'4", so at least he's tall and could look like he could face off against Chris Hemsworth.

But I'm not sure if Hemsworth is more muscular at the moment. He might be.

I think Dave Bautista has more of the physique I'd expect of Crusher Creel. Not that he could play him since he's Drax, but maybe Wade could work up to that physique?

Wooo! Very cool to see another Thor character making an appearance. I love Creel, and I hope they keep his Asgardian origins (which seem to be left out of modern versions of the character in other media, so maybe I'm getting my hopes up).

Journey_in_to_mystery114-00.jpg

This is good news! It's great to see another Thor villain appearing on the show. Wade looks a lot like Creel, too. It'll be neat to see how they use the Absorbing Man on the show. I wish I could see him fight Thor, too.

Absorbing Man being on the show makes sense, too, because Coulson mentioned that a lot of the supervillain inmates who escaped during the prison break were violent psychopaths, and Creel is one of the most violent ones in the comics.

Last edited:
This is great news!

It seems the producers have been listening to fans criticism towards the lack of comic characters.

I am really hoping Quatermaine will soon be announced a character for the show

He is a villian that I hope sticks around for a while. He needs to be in a film.

Here's a better representation of how close MCU Absorbing Man is to his comic book counterpart.

Personally, I think Wade is spot on, appearance-wise.

Crusher_Creel.jpg
4PfZHqM.png

I think ultimately Wade can wear whatever colour pants he likes, as long as he's shirtless and has his ball and chain. The ball and chain is a must.

And he needs to come back for an encore in an Avengers movie. He can just be part of an army of super villains fighting the Avengers. He doesn't need to be the main villain.

So far in the Avengers, we've just had generic and faceless grunts as cannon fodder. It would be good for once to have clearly identifable enemies whom the Avengers are up against as part of an army - eg the Wrecking Crew, Absorbing Man, Masters of Evil etc.

I'm glad the absorbing man is showing up, I would assume he has his powers since we saw him in that make-up chair.
Dark Raven, what did the young man ask Anne Hathaway? I've always been curious.

I'm glad the absorbing man is showing up, I would assume he has his powers since we saw him in that make-up chair.
Dark Raven, what did the young man ask Anne Hathaway? I've always been curious.

Click in the link in my signature and wonder no more. :oldrazz:

I dunno.Feels like they're rifling through characters that should be in a Hulk movie for the show instead.If the end game leads to a Hulk solo,that's fine.......

Super excited to see the absorbing man! He is one of the more visually impressive comic characters! Hope this is only the first of many appearances for this character!

I'm always surprised when people mention Absorbing Man as a Hulk villain. I'm not saying anyone's wrong or anything, but I always see him as a Thor villain. (Of course, I admit that I have Thor-colored glasses and see everything in the Marvel Universe through a Thor fan's lens).

With AM's first appearance being in Thor with an Asgard-based power, and with so many repeated appearances throughout the years in the pages of Thor comics, what makes people think of him as a Hulk villain? Has he had more appearances in Hulk comics than in Thor comics? Is there a super-famous Hulk story that I just don't know about where AM proves to be some great nemesis for him?

I'm not trying to be annoying, I just don't know.

Super excited to see the absorbing man! He is one of the more visually impressive comic characters! Hope this is only the first of many appearances for this character!

^ Yep, I hope to see him around a lot. There's so much potential here.

On another note, does anyone think we'll see Titania? Maybe not in his first outing (he should get the focus), but in a future appearance he tries to go straight but his new gf pulls him back into a life of crime or something.

Titania would be cool to see, but would require a different origin since her comic one is associated with Secret Wars. This would actually be the perfect opportunity for a female wrestler to be cast for once. She just shouldn't look more muscular than Brian Patrick Wade.

On another note, does anyone think we'll see Titania? Maybe not in his first outing (he should get the focus), but in a future appearance he tries to go straight but his new gf pulls him back into a life of crime or something.

Could be a good subplot to a Thunderbolts film.

Just speaking from a fans perspective here but how awesome would Thor and Hulk vs Abomination and Absorbing Man fight be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"