Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Brian Patrick Wade IS The Absorbing Man

I doubt we will see his origin. He is probably one of the villains who escaped the prison with the others. Learned how to control his powers while "on the inside" similar to Blackout (or whatever that guys name was).

We need time to learn who the new friendlies are. I doubt we see true origins for many villains on this show.

This. If we have to do an origin story for every villain the show will become very repetitive. 45 mins isn't that long and should be focused on the actual story of what he's trying to do and how the agents are trying to stop him.
Backstory just have them bring up his file. Crusher Creel AKa absorbing man, can change his molecular structure to match anything he touches. He was serving 15 years for robbing banks and destruction of property. Before Ward broke him out.
If you keep him for more than one episode then you can delve a bit deeper into his backstory.

You guys are correct that they might not show or mention the source of his powers in this episode, but I'm sure the writers have already decided what the source of his powers is, whether its mentioned in this episode or not. Unless he's a one-time appearance and a total plot device (Blackout), we'll learn about his origin eventually.

I think it is LESS likely that a bunch of super powered villains are around and no one ever mentions how they came to exist. I think it is MORE likely that we see their origins, or at least have it discussed. That's why I think eventually a lot of villains will be tied in to the Inhumans, if that's the way they go with Skye's dad. Easy to explain them all in one fell swoop.

So far, Blackout has had no origin; Graviton and Blizzard have ONLY had origin eps but haven't been seen since. Deathlok got a season-long reveal/progression for his origin with plenty of action. I think Blackout's "no origin" is the exception, not the norm.

Absorbing Man is far more well known than Blackout though, and definitely shouldn't be just used as a plot device. I'd say Absorbing Man is on the A-list of thug/bruiser type villains.

I actually wouldn't have minded someone like Vinnie Jones playing Creel. He looks more like him than Brian Patrick Wade and also more like him than he did the Juggernaut.

MV5BNjA5NzM5OTM1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDc5MjUxMjE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Wade looks a bit more civilised and friendly compared to him.

Last edited:
Absorbing Man is far more well known than Blackout though, and definitely shouldn't be just used as a plot device. I'd say Absorbing Man is on the A-list of thug/bruiser type villains.

I agree, Dark Raven. I think he'll be around a bit, and rightfully so.

That's right. I think they should definitely keep Creel around for multiple episodes since he is a pretty prominent Marvel villain. I'd also be happy if they were to possibly elevate him to a big-screen MCU movie in the future, if they decide to do a Masters of Evil story in a future Avengers film. The Absorbing Man would fit right in.

As you said, the Absorbing Man is indeed on the A-list of bruiser-type Marvel villains. He's right up there with ones like the Abomination, the Juggernaut, the Blob, Sabretooth, Rhino, Crossbones, Venom, Sandman, and other A-listers in that category.

That's right. I think they should definitely keep Creel around for multiple episodes since he is a pretty prominent Marvel villain. I'd also be happy if they were to possibly elevate him to a big-screen MCU movie in the future, if they decide to do a Masters of Evil story in a future Avengers film. The Absorbing Man would fit right in.

As you said, the Absorbing Man is indeed on the A-list of bruiser-type Marvel villains. He's right up there with ones like the Abomination, the Juggernaut, the Blob, Sabretooth, Rhino, Crossbones, Venom, Sandman, and other A-listers in that category.

I would also put the Wrecking Crew in that category as well. I don't know if they always were, but certainly they were elevated to that status after Secret Wars and quite a bit since then. When we saw Absorbing Man and the Wrecking Crew fighting alongside each other in Secret Wars, that was a real treat. I remember Creel even comparing his wrecking ball with Thunderball's in one scene.

I also would like him to show up on the big screen. The only hesitation I have at the moment is whether Brian Patrick Wade has enough screen presence to be in a movie. He might be fine for a TV show, but I don't know what he's like for a feature film. That's why I thought someone like Vinnie Jones might've been better in that regard. Has anyone seen any of Wade's previous acting work and if so, what is he like? Does he have what it takes to actually make Absorbing Man an A-lister bruiser villain in the MCU?

Last edited:
I would also put the Wrecking Crew in that category as well. I don't know if they always were, but certainly they were elevated to that status after Secret Wars and quite a bit since then. When we saw Absorbing Man and the Wrecking Crew fighting alongside each other in Secret Wars, that was a real treat. I remember Creel even comparing his wrecking ball with Thunderball's in one scene.

I also would like him to show up on the big screen. The only hesitation I have at the moment is whether Brian Patrick Wade has enough screen presence to be in a movie. He might be fine for a TV show, but I don't know what he's like for a feature film. That's why I thought someone like Vinnie Jones might've been better in that regard. Has anyone seen any of Wade's previous acting work and if so, what is he like? Does he have what it takes to actually make Absorbing Man an A-lister bruiser villain in the MCU?

I didn't realize this until I looked it up, but I have seen him in something. He had a recurring (but still very small) role as Penny's on again/off again boyfriend in the first couple of season. I can't really make a judgment on his acting ability based on that, but it wasn't a very demanding role. He's a big guy, though. Here's a screen grab form his most memorable (IMO) episode:
pic06.jpg

I didn't realize this until I looked it up, but I have seen him in something. He had a recurring (but still very small) role as Penny's on again/off again boyfriend in the first couple of season. I can't really make a judgment on his acting ability based on that, but it wasn't a very demanding role. He's a big guy, though. Here's a screen grab form his most memorable (IMO) episode:
pic06.jpg

First couple of seasons of what? :huh:

The screen grab isn't showing.

Mention of Vinnie Jones and wrecking balls reminded me of this.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/Paul-Gascoigne-Football_71255.jpg

First couple of seasons of what? :huh:

The screen grab isn't showing.

Oh sorry!! I meant to type "big bang theory." I'm without real Internet right now and I'm using my phone, I'll see if I can find a picture that works.

EDIT: Maybe this one'll show up...
498499a8a05fd

Last edited:
Pray with me: please not a freak of the week, please not a freak of the week

I'm going to be annoyed if May can beat the Absorbing man all by herself.
Still pissed if he's easily taken care of by some simple maguffin designed by Fitz.

Oh sorry!! I meant to type "big bang theory." I'm without real Internet right now and I'm using my phone, I'll see if I can find a picture that works.

EDIT: Maybe this one'll show up...
498499a8a05fd

Hmm. He looks a bit lanky for my liking. I would prefer Creel looks thicker all around, even with a thicker head and neck. Also would prefer him to look a bit rougher round the edges. Wade looks a bit like he's bordering on a male model.

He looks very effeminate from that picture...

I think Absorbing Man would be a great prolouge villain for Avengers 3.

I saw it in low definition but it looked great, amazed at the awesome of him.
Looks like they have some budget, kinda looking forward to them reintroducing my man Deathlok if they keep this quality up!

Agreed. They showed a lot of versatility/creativity with his powers. Very well done. Absorbing the clear plexi-glass material was awesome, as was the glimpse of him with the ball and chain. I can't wait to see more of him in future episodes.

The absorbing man was so great! When he absorbed the road he looked so awesome. Hoping he is around for awhile, he could be a great nemesis for the team all season.

I was glad to see him use the ball and chain.:up:

That so made me smile!

I'm glad they didn't power him down too much. I'm stunned actually.

Absorbing Man was more badass than Drax The Destroyer was in a big budget $300 million dollar blockbuster GOTG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"