Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm should have the biggest fight/action moment. I don't know because of her pregnancy. But she had her baby now. Can she go back and film more??

They're done filming and well into editing and post production, so unless they find something of what they've already filmed just doesn't work, they're not filming anymore. And even if she wanted to, she still has to give her body time to get over having a child. It's not something someone can just jump back up from and go film some action scenes.

True. Just that she is my favorite character and I hope she is finally shown powerful and super strong. I bet she will get her moment though.

Additional filming/reshoot happens all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year or next year, they shoot a couple of new scenes with Halle Berry.

Even this year, they were able to shoot a 2 minute clip for The Wolverine even if the production for that film already wrapped up.

Talk of potential reshoots just reminded me that this is the first X-Men movie that is not on a rushed schedule!!! They actually have time to work on things haha.

Anyways, more importantly in the grand scheme of things... congrats to Halle and Olivier!

Super excited to see Storm after her quick shot in the teaser!!

To me it looked like she was attacking a sentinel with full force. But really ecstatic and cannot wait until Tuesday for the full trailer.

Storm already looks so fierce! Super excited!

best part of the trailer.

Tuesday, please give me more from her, Kitty, Blink and Rogue.

Odds are we will get the shots of blink and rogue we saw in leaked footage only now we can see them clearly.The only part of kitty In leaked preview was apparetly with Iceman.

All that is needed is the finished effects on Storms eyes and the shot in the teaser would be perfect.

Halle looked amazing! In that trailer for the teaser... I mean...:huh: :p

Storm icon for peeps.

stormIcon.gif

Should take this here because of the whole Rogue vs. Storm discussion in the Rogue thread.

Storm will also have her very own character arc for the first time in an X-Men film. She mentioned that there would be a shocking revelation about her. I think we have to this point underestimated the role she might play.

Not sure about an arc, but at least during the movie something important will be revealed about Storm, which to be honest has never happened before. Think about it, all we known about the Movie Storms background is: "This is Ororo Munroe, also known as Storm." Oh yeah and she controls the weather...

She shows: fear towards humans, anger and opposes the cure, oh yeah and she became the group leader until the jet landed. But if you think about it, that's about it, really. I mean I am actually one of the people who likes Halle and Storm is my favorite X-Men, but her background and her character have mostly been ignored as far as the story goes.

Yes she saves the day in X2 and she has quite a lot of screen time (and fight sequences with a character who's never is never even said out loud in the film) in X3, but it just feels like everything she gets to do in these movies could've been done in a different way, by a other characters...

Fingers crossed that is not the case in DOFP.

That lightning is kinda...weensy, isn't it?

Since her eyes are not even white yet she is probably just ABOUT to start some real lightning.

One thing that I truly wonder is if Storm is still the leader of the X-Men in this. It would be a natural progression from X3 but I do wonder if they'll develop her in that way.

My bets is her claustrophobia will be revealed. Probably during the scene of her death which I assume is going to happen. It would make sense to show because it would make a death more meaningful.

Should take this here because of the whole Rogue vs. Storm discussion in the Rogue thread.

Not sure about an arc, but at least during the movie something important will be revealed about Storm, which to be honest has never happened before. Think about it, all we known about the Movie Storms background is: "This is Ororo Munroe, also known as Storm." Oh yeah and she controls the weather...

She shows: fear towards humans, anger and opposes the cure, oh yeah and she became the group leader until the jet landed. But if you think about it, that's about it, really. I mean I am actually one of the people who likes Halle and Storm is my favorite X-Men, but her background and her character have mostly been ignored as far as the story goes.

Yes she saves the day in X2 and she has quite a lot of screen time (and fight sequences with a character who's never is never even said out loud in the film) in X3, but it just feels like everything she gets to do in these movies could've been done in a different way, by a other characters...

Fingers crossed that is not the case in DOFP.

I agree. This revelation is very interesting to me. I hope this truly develops Storm as a character and makes her more interesting to audiences besides her really cool powers.

My bets is her claustrophobia will be revealed. Probably during the scene of her death which I assume is going to happen. It would make sense to show because it would make a death more meaningful.
Yeah and she will probably do a gigantic power display during it.

One thing that I truly wonder is if Storm is still the leader of the X-Men in this. It would be a natural progression from X3 but I do wonder if they'll develop her in that way.

Well now that you mention it, with Wolverine (and Cylcops) out of the picture for the future time-line she very well might be. He was constantly taking over her role in X3 - to his credit others were ignoring her as well.

But I am not sure if she will really be a leader in this one either. With Xavier back as well as Magnito who both seems to be in a leading position from what we've seen so far. Though Cyclops in the comics was a pretty good leader with Xavier around (not in the movies though), so I guess she really does have a better chance in this movie than ever before.

I agree. This revelation is very interesting to me. I hope this truly develops Storm as a character and makes her more interesting to audiences besides her really cool powers.

Indeed, her character deserves a LOT more depth. I know they are not going to go into her backstory, this is not the film for that anyway, but she should really be fleshed out as a character.

Very likely. :)

Indeed. We could argue that her claustrophobia has been hinted at in X1 with the elevator though. ;)

Last edited:
i'd rather she didn't act like the leader, makes cyclops look like his loss wasn't a big deal, all he did was get kidnapped and depressed, this is how a leader does it!!! go storm!

Well now that you mention it, with Wolverine (and Cylcops) out of the picture for the future time-line she very well might be. He was constantly taking over her role in X3 - to his credit others were ignoring her as well.

But I am not sure if she will really be a leader in this one either. With Xavier back as well as Magnito who both seems to be in a leading position from what we've seen so far. Though Cyclops in the comics was a pretty good leader with Xavier around (not in the movies though), so I guess she really does have a better chance in this movie than ever before.

If they do make her a leader, it'll definitely be interesting to see. Storm was the leader during the Days of future past comic as well, IIRC it was her first time leading the team after jean had 'died' and Cyclops had left the team. Which is basically what has happened in the film verse, so it would be a good nod.

i'd rather she didn't act like the leader, makes cyclops look like his loss wasn't a big deal, all he did was get kidnapped and depressed, this is how a leader does it!!! go storm!

I'm not too sure, it would honor cyclop's more if she undertook the task of being a leader (as she did in the comics) trying to live up to his glory. Her taking over his duties isn't disrespectful, Scott would want the team to continue under the best leadership, and Storm would be that.

If they do make her a leader, it'll definitely be interesting to see. Storm was the leader during the Days of future past comic as well, IIRC it was her first time leading the team after jean had 'died' and Cyclops had left the team. Which is basically what has happened in the film verse, so it would be a good nod.

Indeed, so it would not only give her something to do, but also be sort of faithful to the comics.

Not really fulling your train of thoughts here. Because Cyclops was never portrayed as a good leader, Storm shouldn't become the leader either? Though like I said before Storm (as a leader) has been mistreated very badly so far. but who says that can't change? ;)

I'm not too sure, it would honor cyclop's more if she undertook the task of being a leader (as she did in the comics) trying to live up to his glory. Her taking over his duties isn't disrespectful, Scott would want the team to continue under the best leadership, and Storm would be that.

That is another way to look at it, yes. I also believe he wouldn't want the team to sit down and mourn him, he would want them to stay strong and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"