Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too sure, it would honor cyclop's more if she undertook the task of being a leader (as she did in the comics) trying to live up to his glory. Her taking over his duties isn't disrespectful, Scott would want the team to continue under the best leadership, and Storm would be that.

well given how he was in X3 he didn't seem to care, xavier was planning on making storm leader early on as you can tell, so for a sequel to that film and not part of the comics story its not very respectful in general to his character

scotts changed you need to take over was the idea in X3

Last edited:
well given how he was in X3 he didn't seem to care, xavier was planning on making storm leader early on as you can tell, so from a sequel to that film and not part of the comics story its not very respectful in general to his character

I fully understand your concern and hopefully Singer would be able to execute Storm taking charge (if she does) with a bit more respect than Ratner did. However, you can't not have a leader of the X-Men. Storm has the most experience on the team, is arguably the most powerful member still alive, and was under scott's direct leadership for a while unlike anyone else on the team save for Wolverine. So she would have picked up techniques from Scott, she is the best candidate.

And remember Storm wasn't quick to accept the role as leader. it wasn't until after Scott died that she truly stepped up as leader, one could argue that it wasn't until after Xavier died actually.

well given how he was in X3 he didn't seem to care, xavier was planning on making storm leader early on as you can tell, so from a sequel to that film and not part of the comics story its not very respectful in general to his character

If Scott doesn't care one could argue if he (in the movies, mind you) was ever fit to be the leader anyway. If not would replacing him be truly disrespectful. Also even in X2 Storm was being build up as a leader, though much more subtle and I really did appriciate that.

There were the scenes where she was piloting the jet as well as:

"My name is Kurt--"
"Hush, he's a teleporter."

And people overall seemed to respect Storm is X2. A great example is the scene with Jean and Storm in the church when they are looking for Kurt. Ever noticed how Jean looks at Storm, while Storm is just standing there and raising her hands to make Nightcrawler come down? ;)

If you want to go back further there is even:
"Hold on to something."

In X1 which sounded pretty good (if only Storm sounded like that all the time) and commanding as well. This scene by the way is also still my #1 proof that Halle Berry was not to blame for Storm in X1.

If Scott doesn't care one could argue if he (in the movies, mind you) was ever fit to be the leader anyway. If not would replacing him be truly disrespectful. Also even in X2 Storm was being build up as a leader, though much more subtle and I really did appriciate that.

"My name is Kurt--"

And people overall seemed to respect Storm is X2. A great example is the scene with Jean and Storm in the church when they are looking for Kurt. Ever noticed how Jean looks at Storm, while Storm is just standing there and raising her hands to make Nightcrawler come down? ;)

"Hold on to something."

In X1 which sounded pretty good (if only Storm sounded like that all the time) and commanding as well. This scene by the way is also still my #1 proof that Halle Berry was not to blame for Storm in X1.

I agree with you completely.

But Halle is not to blame for which part of X1 Storm, She gets blamed for almost everything it's hard to keep track.

But Halle is not to blame for which part of X1 Storm, She gets blamed for almost everything it's hard to keep track.
Well the movie Storm in X1 was looking less commanding and fierce than the comic book version during. She was seemingly unsure about her capabilities and powers and in the fight against Toad I would even say scared. Remember the balcony scene right before she gets kicked into the elevator shaft? People blamed Halle for that.

http://us.cdn282.fansshare.com/photos/halleberry/halle-berry-storm-men-storm-169090260.jpg
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/halle-berry-storm-x-men-days-of-future-past-slice.jpg

This scene I mentioned ("Hold on the something"), along with some of the X2 scenes have shown that Halle could've easily portrayed Storm closer to the comics and animated series in X1, but they just didn't let her. I did really like the way Storm was portrayed in X2, but I felt that in X3 she was actually slightly less fierce and comanding again unfortunately - mostly due to no-one actually listening. She took Xaviers place (as the Mother of the group), but not the place Scott had in the comics (as the leader of the group). She could've very well become more of an actual leader, but Wolverine pretty much took her place at Alcatraz. I should note that X3 destroyed character development for a lot of characters anyway. I did like how Storm showed more emotion and chose a side (against the cure) in X3 though.

But I am losing my main point here and that is that all of this is not Halle's call to make. "You know what happens to a Toad..." was imho Storm's worst line in the franchise, but is Halle to blame for that? She sure isn't.

I edited that post about 20 times now, but I finally managed to get my point across, I think. Sorry it's been a long day. ;)

Last edited:
My only criticism about what we have seen about Storm is they haven't whiten up her eyes especially when she's using her powers. I hope they do it in the final edit.

Storm icon for peeps.

stormIcon.gif

Could I use this? :woot:

I love the picture, almost best image of storm ever! I agree I'll want to see storm white eyes as per usual!

agree about the shot.

I already said it, but its to me the best shot of the whole teaser and one of the best of the saga to date.

Now if she does that in the middle of the air on the actual movie, Singer will win me.

Last edited:
Agreed. Storm has never looked better!

Halle Berry's look has consistently improved from film to film. I'm not a fan of her as an actress, but at least she looks good.

berry isn't recognizable in X1 i don't think, but X2 onwards she was very much playing herself with powers to control weather

"My name is Kurt--"

"Hold on to something."

By that logic Wolverine will be the leader.

So we now know she has at least 2 displays of power in DOFP.

-Big whirlwinds
-Electricity coming out of her hands

I hope there's more :D

I think maybe we will get her float into the air and take a sentinel out face to face. But she has said there wont be full on flying.

I think she meant SHE wouldn't be flying a lot, but maybe her stunt woman will? If she's in the heat of a battle, everything happens fast so it would be difficult to tell the difference and they can always digitally place her face on the stunt woman, like they did in Black Swan for a few scenes.

She does look very fierce, could it be her true last stand? Maybe Storm and Colossus are the ones who stay outside the temple to fend of sentinels while the others go inside to accomplish their mission? The sacrifice of these hard-hitters would be a dramatic loss to the team and it kinda fits with the comics.

I think she meant SHE wouldn't be flying a lot, but maybe her stunt woman will? If she's in the heat of a battle, everything happens fast so it would be difficult to tell the difference and they can always digitally place her face on the stunt woman, like they did in Black Swan for a few scenes.

She does look very fierce, could it be her true last stand? Maybe Storm and Colossus are the ones who stay outside the temple to fend of sentinels while the others go inside to accomplish their mission? The sacrifice of these hard-hitters would be a dramatic loss to the team and it kinda fits with the comics.

I agree, I think they will make he most of these two and maybe have something dramatic happen to them to make wolverines mission ever more urgent, or why iceman and magneto need rogue etc. All speculation of course, but I think storm is gonna have a good role regardlesS!

I agree, I think they will make he most of these two and maybe have something dramatic happen to them to make wolverines mission ever more urgent, or why iceman and magneto need rogue etc. All speculation of course, but I think storm is gonna have a good role regardlesS!

Yeah, it's all speculation. The only thing we know about storm is that she's summoning lightning/wind outside a temple-like building and that she looks angry. A few seconds can cause so much speculation! :)

Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but I liked Storm the most in X3. She had a demanding presence (especially when discussing the cure and when giving a speech at the funeral) and she used her powers more in a dynamic way like in the comics. The strength of her character keeps on improving while her hair gets shorter, so things should look prosperous in DOFP.

Yeah, it's all speculation. The only thing we know about storm is that she's summoning lightning/wind outside a temple-like building and that she looks angry. A few seconds can cause so much speculation! :)

Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but I liked Storm the most in X3. She had a demanding presence (especially when discussing the cure and when giving a speech at the funeral) and she used her powers more in a dynamic way like in the comics. The strength of her character keeps on improving while her hair gets shorter, so things should look prosperous in DOFP.

To a certain extent I agree, it was her most commanding role in series and as someone else mentioned, she seems to have progressed and consistently imporved.

This and a few seconds of footage, storm fans can only fantasise. :yay:

I think maybe we will get her float into the air and take a sentinel out face to face. But she has said there wont be full on flying.

Its a good thing that her character has a stunt woman in the mvie.

The photos and leaked footage of Storm tells me something; She has aged into the part.

I have been a Halle as Storm fan since day one. Storm was mostly portrayed as a strong woman with strong command presence. I'm not a fan of how Singer and Co. wrote certain characters, but Halle was the "pretty storm". Being biracial didn't bless her with strong African features people think Storm should have. And by no means is anyone "intimidated" by Halle, but people around the world love her beauty, which I truly think deep down is people's utter dislike of her...she was too pretty for the role.

I think given the years gone by and with age, Halle is starting to look more "battle ready" which also helps in the makeup department. And given the nature of the movie I think Storm was get her moment.

Its a good thing that her character has a stunt woman in the mvie.

Yea that is true. But I will still be giddy as a school girl if she doesn't fly. All she has to do is rain down electric death upon a couple of Sentinels in grand fashion, and I will be happy lol. This is what fans of the character have wanted: Storm and other fan favorites using their powers to full extent to take down a Sentinel.

I believe this is the biggest budget for an X-film. They better bring the pain! :woot:

So we now know she has at least 2 displays of power in DOFP.

-Big whirlwinds
-Electricity coming out of her hands

I hope there's more :D

What confirmation of these power displays do we have? You got this from the teaser? I ask because I haven't been checking here daily due to the lack of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"