Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big whirlwinds - leaked footage

Electricity coming out of her hands - teaser to the 1st official trailer

I thought the big whirlwinds was possibly just her getting ready to use her power, like in my mind I could easily see the shot transition of her looking back (leaked footage) possibly at the other x-men who are running whilst she is about to fight to protect them, and then it transitions into this shot where we see her unleash that power. I dunno I just could see that haha :p .

I think just the way they assembled this teaser answers some of the debate we were having months ago regarding billing. Hugh, Halle, Patrick, Ian, James, Jennifer and Michael had the most dramatic camera ops. Arguably I think the fact that Hugh and Halle's faces were the first real "close-ups" reveals that FOX is still going to market this project on their shoulders and star power.

Possibly. Though, Fox certainly isn't shy about using McKellen, Stewart, Fassbender, and McAvoy, as the first posters reveal.

I thought the big whirlwinds was possibly just her getting ready to use her power, like in my mind I could easily see the shot transition of her looking back (leaked footage) possibly at the other x-men who are running whilst she is about to fight to protect them, and then it transitions into this shot where we see her unleash that power. I dunno I just could see that haha :p .

I could see that too... but I also could see she's doing this on a sentinel and then hears something, look back and it's another sentinel coming behind her...:wow:

I wouldn't put much stock in who was featured in that short Instagram clip. It could've just been a random cut of the trailer by Singer and his Editor and nothing more

As happy as I was for her when she announced she was pregnant I selfishly wish she hadn't gotten pregnant until after she filmed her scenes. Now whatever we're given I'm honestly going to be like 'well it could have been more if she hadn't gotten knocked up since she herself said her role was much bigger before".

No new shots of Halle as Storm in the trailer.

But good news, as I predicted, Halle Berry is billed fifth right after the heavy hitters like Michael, James, Hugh and Jennifer. I expect that's partly because she's Halle Berry and partly because I think Storm's role in this film is being underestimated and I feel she may play a pivotal role in the future. We'll see.

But super excited.

Good job NanaT. I always appreciate your opinions and most of the time, you are correct with your opinions!

Fdwrqru.gif
(picture from Kane52630)

I liked the shot of Storm here and hopefully they'll use more of this Blue/teal hue unlike to the orange/yellow hue that was used in some of the scenes in the trailer.

Last edited:
Good job NanaT. I always appreciate your opinions and most of the time, you are correct with your opinions!

Fdwrqru.gif
(picture from Kane52630)

I liked the shot of Storm here and hopefully they'll use more of this Blue/teal hue unlike to the orange/yellow hue that was used in some of the scenes in the trailer.

Oh thank you!

And yeah I agree with you about that shot and the colour.

No new shots of Halle as Storm in the trailer.

But good news, as I predicted, Halle Berry is billed fifth right after the heavy hitters like Michael, James, Hugh and Jennifer. I expect that's partly because she's Halle Berry and partly because I think Storm's role in this film is being underestimated and I feel she may play a pivotal role in the future. We'll see.

But super excited.
Me too. :up:

wild?

curiously, that shot have gave me "afraid" Storm since the leaked trailer.

oh, I see now thats the gif, so I was talking about first shot. the action one is pretty good.

Storm defending the temple from invading sentinels would be cool to see, even if she dies in the process. I imagine any Storm vs. sentinel action is currently being worked on by the VFX people so I doubt we'll see any until the next trailer.

Everyone says that Halle being pregnant means that she can't arial fly and kill Sentinels but has anyone heard of CGI and perhaps making stunt doubles? :o

Obviously the temple is going to be attacked so I don't think it's going out on a limb to say that someone or more will be killed.

Everyone says that Halle being pregnant means that she can't arial fly and kill Sentinels but has anyone heard of CGI and perhaps making stunt doubles? :o

I'm pretty sure IMDB lists that Halle had a stunt double.

Hugh Jackman said Halle was on wires. She will be in flight at some point.

Fdwrqru.gif
(picture from Kane52630)

Singer really liked his blues in the first two X-films (a little too much for my personal taste), so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a lot of that palette.

Obviously the temple is going to be attacked so I don't think it's going out on a limb to say that someone or more will be killed.

Yeah, by the looks of the trailer it may be Storm and Colossus who keep outside to defend it.... imagining the sadness (and coolness) already :jedi

Yeah, by the looks of the trailer it may be Storm and Colossus who keep outside to defend it.... imagining the sadness (and coolness) already :jedi

Based on that gif, I think Wolverine is going to die. He probably gets pulled back to the future during the attack and doesn't know if he succeeds in changing the past before getting killed.

^^Maybe, but I was thinking about that quick shot of someone with the uniform running and getting ready to punch during an explosion, it looked like a sleeveless uniform, so I'm thinking Colossus is outside too with Storm. It would make a lot of sense since I think they are both the most powerfull and Magneto would be inside as a last defense?

Hmmm, Logan and Storm are in love now since he's back to X-Men?

I think Blink is also outside of the Temple defending it from Sentinels too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"