The Dark Knight Rises Call backs.

JerseyJoker

Sidekick
Reaction score
People touch upon it in the Easter Egg thread, but thought make a thread just for all the call backs we see in TDKR from the previous two films.

Batman Begins:
-Flashback to Bruce and his Dad in the well.
-Fox telling Bruce that The Bat comes in black.
-Flashback to Ra's conversation about having a family.
-Bruce's mom's pearl necklace.
-Blake using the timebomb that Batman used.
-The chard remains of Bruce's dad's medical equipment.

TDK:
-Harvey Dent.
-Picture of Rachel (Maggie G.).

What else?

Flashback to Gordon putting on Bruce's father's coat on his shoulders.

I thought it would be funny if the pic of Rachel was Katie Holmes. :o

I caught one I think was pretty sneaky.

While discussing The Bat in the A&R room, Fox mentions something about "better people." Bruce responds "better?"

Fox says, "Well I was speaking out of line. I suppose I mean less busy people." or something along those lines.

Almost identical to the lines shared between Bruce and his Dad on the train in BB regarding the people at Wayne Enterprises :)

John Blake throwing the gun away at the construction site, a'la Bruce in BB.

Talia's speech to Bats about the knife that cuts deepest, being eerily similar to Joker's 'you wanna know why I use knives?' in the interrogation room.

"Theatricality and deception" during Bane/Bats' first fight.

Blake being christened by the Bats in the cave.

"A storm is coming" by Selina.

Nice catch, spuzz. I did not make that connection, but you are totally right.

One of my favorites that I caught was Miranda saying "Do what's necessary" to Bruce (I forget what he said right before that she responded to with that). Ra's was all about "doing what is necessary."

One of my favorites that I caught was Miranda saying "Do what's necessary" to Bruce (I forget what he said right before that she responded to with that). Ra's was all about "doing what is necessary."

Fox asks Bruce if he can get Tate out of Gotham and he says he can't, then Tate says that.

And the whole stabbing someone in the heart when they are in the way of "true justice" from BB, which is exactly what [BLACKOUT]Talia[/BLACKOUT] does.

DIdn't Batman say "Where's the detonator?" to Joker at the end of THE DARK KNIGHT?

He screams it at Bane in TDKR.

I caught one I think was pretty sneaky.

While discussing The Bat in the A&R room, Fox mentions something about "better people." Bruce responds "better?"

Fox says, "Well I was speaking out of line. I suppose I mean less busy people." or something along those lines.

Almost identical to the lines shared between Bruce and his Dad on the train in BB regarding the people at Wayne Enterprises :)

:applaud:applaud:applaud

The more I think about it, the callbacks made parts of the movie that much better.
Flawed to be sure but so many great lines and moments.

DIdn't Batman say "Where's the detonator?" to Joker at the end of THE DARK KNIGHT?

He screams it at Bane in TDKR.

No to both. He screams "Where's the trigger?!?" at Bane and he never once says that to Joker in TDK.

For someone who criticizes TDKR like doing so is going out of style and defends TDK constantly you might want to know "where your jurisdiction ends." ;)

Gordon has flashbacks to Two Face at the Dent day speech.

Bb: ras "you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" like talia does to batman at the end.

Also the wayne funeral has a
Similar vibe to thomas and marthas funeral in BB

no to both. He screams "where's the trigger?!?" at bane and he never once says that to joker in tdk.

For someone who criticizes tdkr like doing so is going out of style and defends tdk constantly you might want to know "where your jurisdiction ends." ;)

ha!

Flashbacks are different than callbacks people.

Who says it's a callback?

EDIT: Bane's escape with Dr. Pavel in the opening scene reminded me of Batman's skyhook escape with Lau.

Last edited:
The piano notes Alfred plays to enter the Batcave is the same exact notes played in Begins during the fire.

Anyone notice that the piano strokes sound exactly like what is heard in 'A Watchful Guardian' and 'Rise'? It is that same motif that is heard in 'Like A Dog Chasing Cars' as well.

The piano notes Alfred plays to enter the Batcave is the same exact notes played in Begins during the fire.
Yeah. I was happy to see a secret entrance into the batcave even if it was for a short moment.

Did anyone else notice the BB gauntlets when Bruce and Fox were in the bunker, discussing the bomb? They were on those rack of gadgets while they were talking.

Picture of Wayne family in a frame mostly burnt next to the photo of Rachel. :csad:

The stock guys talking about whether Bruce returning was good or bad and then believing it was bad because they flipped a coin.

I thought i saw a Katie picture in Bruces room, like something in the background, probably wasn't. But caught my eyes when they were panning around the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"