• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises Can it be topped?

That´s the big question out there. It´s gonna be tough as hell, but then again I thought I´d never see a better superhero movie than Spider-Man 2, X2 our Batman Begins...

Can never say never... but in this case I can't summon the idea of anything topping TDK!

can it be topped?
certainly. it just will be extremely hard. but it's not like it's impossible.

At the moment, I would say "no", or at least "not without the return of certain antagonists".

I am desperate to be proven wrong, however.

I can't believe i'm saying this and i'm anxious to see other hypsters responces but i'm totally fine if we dont get a third movie.

Will i scream and jump for 2 days straight if they announce Nolan & crew are back?Most definitelly.

But really,this movie has satisfied my Batman thirst in a way no movie ever has.
What i'm trying to say is when Spider-Man 2 ended i wanted a sequel,same with X2, and the Bourne trilogy and so on...but when TDK ended i felt such a fullfilment,i felt that the story was so rich and full and the ending so perfect that it can be followed with a third part but it didnt featured a cliffhanger just to milk out money from the audiences with part 3.

I agree. Part of me wants a third film because it's another Batman film. Part of me doesn't because I honestly don't think Nolan's franchise needs another film. I don't want them to ruin it. If Nolan and company all return and put in as much effort as they did in TDK, I'll be happy for a 3rd. I think the real question is, if Heath was still here, would we be having this conversation? Everyone seems to have it stuck in their heads that A. a batman movie can't be the same quality as TDK without Joker and B. if someone does take over the Joker role, it wn't be half as good as Ledger.

If he doesn't make a 3rd film, then the Batman films will end up being seen as follows:

2 Burton
2 Schumacher
2 Nolan

.... Hopefully, that won't be the case. We need a 3rd Nolan film!

it doesnt need to top TDK, but as long as it's the same or better than begins, everyone will be ok! and it will still make a good some of money!

I know that the "realism" of nolan's batman has really served as the backbone for the franchise but i also believe that for batman to truly become the legend that he inevitably becomes calls for the fantastic to come into play eventually.

I know that this next idea i'm about to spill onto these pages has been seen as an extremely scary thought for most people on these boards, but what if somehow (now that batman is an accused cop killer) batman starts to be hunted by superman (who sees batman as an amateur rich boy cop killing thrill seeker). Superman doesn't have to be campy and if anyone can take the camp out of superman it's nolan. In fact, i think it's of the utmost importance that Nolan stays true to the level of maturity he has created in his franchise by maintaining the gritty settings and complex themes of the past two films. Along with superman he should undoubtedly include a truly evil nemesis for batman to take upon in the end which superman finds himself helpless against (Hugo Strange maybe).

the ending scene should show Batman's true colors to superman in the end and the importance of Batman's role in gotham.

and for those whom may be worried about the lack of realism my idea may create, i think you have nothing to worry about...

I think that Superman's unrealistic nature could actually add to nolan's universe by bringing the fact that batman would be forced to use all of his resources, wits, and strength to outsmart superman and it could add more inner turmoil to batman by making him question his own abilities and his own importance while trying to prove himself as a useful force for good with a new and more powerful hero in the mix who uses pure inspiration and power to fight crime as opposed to fear.

I don't know what do yall think?

the dark knight was more of a suspense thriller than it was an action movie. I think the only way batman 3 could ever come close to the dark knight is if they had bane in it. because then they could replace some of the suspense with action.

the dark knight was more of a suspense thriller than it was an action movie. I think the only way batman 3 could ever come close to the dark knight is if they had bane in it. because then they could replace some of the suspense with action.

Or They could just add more suspense:huh:

I love action, but I don't think Bane is the key to top TDK. They need to do what TDK did, but better. That means have suspense, action, drama, humor and romance all balanced in an interesting plot.

... If there's been a thread on this before, I apologize, feel free to close it. If not, then I think it's a major relative question/thread!

How WOULD a third movie top "The Dark Knight"????????????????????????
I mean, The Dark Knight was daaamn near perfect! Can it even be done? It's one of the top three best movies I have ever seen! I'd love to see the third movie as much as the next one, but how in the name of all that is holy would they ever top The Dark Knight??? I mean, really!? I doubt that Nolan could even make a third movie that is (at least) JUST as good as TDK... What would you add to the already master-piece of TDK into the third movie, and give it that extra push!?

To me it doesnt have to. If its as good as Begins then i'll be a very happy man

^you're right... BUT, for me it would still be a step down, and TDK would stand as the best.

To me it doesnt have to. If its as good as Begins then i'll be a very happy man

I agree. To me BB is a better Batman movie, while TDK if obviously a superior film. The more I watch Dark Knight though I realize it does have some pretty obvious faults. I think Batman 3 could surpass them both if the focus was shifted more onto Batman himself.

I agree. To me BB is a better Batman movie, while TDK if obviously a superior film. The more I watch Dark Knight though I realize it does have some pretty obvious faults. I think Batman 3 could surpass them both if the focus was shifted more onto Batman himself.

Pretty much.

Batman 3 could be the best Batman story ever told IMO, while TDK still being the best film

If you're talking about the box office, I don't think it could surpass The Dark Knight at the box office. The Dark Knight was the perfect storm. The timing was perfect, it had great viral marketing, and, whether we like to admit it or not, Heath Ledger's tragic death made the film more than just a film to a lot of people and drew in people who would not normally have gone to see this film. It's going to be hard for another film to top it at the box office.

If you're talking about a story, I definitely think that Nolan could tell a better story. Like others have said, the focus needs to be more on Batman.

the only way it comes close is if it has a villian who is physically imposing on batman, like deathstroke or bane. TDK didn't have many fight scenes, and that's something the 3rd film could improve on

TDK could easily be surpassed. it needs to start with a tighter script.

yeah, TDK may be exciting, but there's still lots of room for improvement. I'd like to see the formula completely changed, just like it was between BB and TDK. B3 should be more of a mystery, detective film. The script definitely needs to be tighter, focusing more on the psychological struggles of the characters rather than the physical. I'd also like to see the choreography thought out even more, so that Batman isn't able to hit villains away with a single stroke.
I'd like to see B3 brought down in scale in some ways. The entire city doesn't necessarily have to be in on the struggle in order for it to be grandiose. HEAT is a good example of that.

I have been reading a lot of posts lately about how great TDK was. But to be honest, I find Batman Begins a whole lot better. Don't get me wrong, I loved TDK, just something about it, just wasn't quite right. Batman Begins just an overall GREAT story. TDK a good one but just didn't match up to Begins. In order for a third to be better I believe it would have to go back to the batman begins type of story telling. Which you could very much do with Batman most likely going into hiding. Anyone Agree With Me?

I have been reading a lot of posts lately about how great TDK was. But to be honest, I find Batman Begins a whole lot better. Don't get me wrong, I loved TDK, just something about it, just wasn't quite right. Batman Begins just an overall GREAT story. TDK a good one but just didn't match up to Begins. In order for a third to be better I believe it would have to go back to the batman begins type of story telling. Which you could very much do with Batman most likely going into hiding. Anyone Agree With Me?

when comparing the two, i think the obvious issue is: while the great aspects of TDK clearly out perform the great aspects of BB...BB is a much tighter film as a whole. TDK shot for something much larger in scale than BB, and in the process opened itself up for greater flaws, which i felt were obvious in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"