The Dark Knight Rises Can you track the comic source?

Also the polar opposite of this happens:

YCJqD.jpg

The left panel reminds me of the TDKR scene when Batman saves Blake:

Batman : " If you are going to work alone, wear a mask"
Blake: " I'm not afraid to be seen standing up to these guys"

robintheboywonder.jpg

scaled.php

"And you betrayed us"
"Us? you were excommunicated by a gang of psychopaths"

scaled.php

" Oh yes! I was wondering what would break first ! "

scaled.php

So has anyone seen the Nightwing #0 comic? It goes into the rewritten origins on Dick Grayson. I don't have the resources to post pics or scans at the moment but here's a quote:
Batman: ... I only have one question. When you do find Zucco... Then what?
Grayson: You mean, will I kill him...
...Mr. Wayne? Sorry... You hide it well but... I've known since the moment I first saw you as Batman. Since the moment I realized we're the same.
Interesting. Will try to post pics when I get the chance.
*edit for pics*
IMAG0013_zpsc62e5b10.jpg

The new original Robin costume looks good.
IMAG0014-1_zps518393b3.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, no doubt they were inspired by Nolan's TDKR Bruce Wayne and John Blake

I know some people has thought that was silly and too easy/simple, but personally I loved how Blake figured out who Batman was, just because they are in core so similar. That's the moment where both Bruce and I as an audience think that maybe that's why he would be the perfect partner/successor.

Love that nod in the Nightwing #0 comic.

Nah, almost definitely not. Firstly, this issue would have been written around three months before the preview came out. So, in short, before The Dark Knight Rises was released. Not to mention DC wouldn't pass over three other Robin origins that all came out this month too, just to relate Dick to Blake.

Secondly, the reasons for knowing are completely different. As a trapeze artist Dick needs to be able to read the people he is working with and be able to know what they will do by reading their body language. When he first meets Bruce, he has a severe headache, twitching eyes from lack of sleep and a constant teeth grinding. Later, when he meets Batman he displays the same subconscious habits. Nothing about his bones and fake smiles.

Last edited:
I know some people has thought that was silly and too easy/simple, but personally I loved how Blake figured out who Batman was, just because they are in core so similar. That's the moment where both Bruce and I as an audience think that maybe that's why he would be the perfect partner/successor.

Love that nod in the Nightwing #0 comic.
but why would him faking a smile and w/e make someone go bruce = batman

Hi, I've been a lurker of these forums for many years, and I've always wanted to share my take on that issue about John Blake whenever it was brought up, but it's been answered for so many times that sometimes my laziness takes over and I just let it go.

My opinion was that people take one fact presented in the film and regard it as an absolute; for example once Talia was revealed as the one pulling the strings, Bane immediately becomes a lackey... can't he also believe the goals of LOS and at the same time loyal to Talia?

In John Blake's case... and before calling me out this is merely a conjecture, John Blake has been presented to the audiences as a brilliant detective... when he tells Bruce his reasons why he believes him to be the Batman, it was not his enitire detective work, it was simply his initial hunch, and we know that it was hunches that the detectives follow to go on with their investigation. Blake has 8 years time to follow on with his hunch and it's probably in that span of time that he gathered facts to support his hunch.

My opinion was that people take one fact presented in the film and regard it as an absolute; for example once Talia was revealed as the one pulling the strings, Bane immediately becomes a lackey... can't he also believe the goals of LOS and at the same time loyal to Talia?

In John Blake's case... and before calling me out this is merely a conjecture, John Blake has been presented to the audiences as a brilliant detective... when he tells Bruce his reasons why he believes him to be the Batman, it was not his enitire detective work, it was simply his initial hunch, and we know that it was hunches that the detectives follow to go on with their investigation. Blake has 8 years time to follow on with his hunch and it's probably in that span of time that he gathered facts to support his hunch.

Agreed on both accounts. I've NEVER understood how people can think Bane is a lackey, especially seeing as HE does all of the decision making and the work, Talia merely passes information. It seems like a mutual goal that required Bane's skills as a strategist.

And with Blake, there's totally plenty to attribute there. Like the fact that Blake's own anger leads him to become a police officer (which Bruce could've potentially done had he not realized early on that the "struture was shackles") and hell, the fact that he was a child with an overactive imagination who not only understood "the look" but probably could determine (like most of us) what Batman would need to operate: money. The biggest thing about Bruce Wayne's image has always been his playboy facade, even in the graphic novel "Year One" Gordon and Co. almost immediately suspect him, but are convinced otherwise by the fact that Bruce is a completely immature/spoiled rich-boy. The fact that John Blake sees through this barrier, as well as has his own experiences to go off of, gives him a leg up above others in discovering the identity of the Batman.

Agreed on both accounts. I've NEVER understood how people can think Bane is a lackey, especially seeing as HE does all of the decision making and the work, Talia merely passes information. It seems like a mutual goal that required Bane's skills as a strategist.

Not to sway away from the topic here, but I also don't and never have felt that Bane immediately becomes a lackey once Talia is revealed. I still feel like the main villain is the League of Shadows, and whoever is a member of that. Moreso, Bane reveals that he is following Ra's al Ghul's mission, his destiny.

Wayne and Talia in front of fire, reminds of the scene in Wayne manor in TDKR

Plus, the way Cotillard is seating in the movie is in same as in this panel

tumblr_ljtow0NvAC1qe5lrqo1_400.png

Or maybe it was the campire scene from BB that was inspired from that, I dunno lol

Last edited:
I doubt they based that fireplace scene off anything from the comics actually, I mean Wayne's power was cut off so they simply solved it by creating fire. It's not like Wayne set that up for Miranda to make things romantic

I doubt they based that fireplace scene off anything from the comics actually, I mean Wayne's power was cut off so they simply solved it by creating fire. It's not like Wayne set that up for Miranda to make things romantic

I think we're REACHING here, gang; I agree with Polaris. :oldrazz:

One of my favourites is TDK's rooftop scene with the trio of Gordon, Dent and Batman. It's just an obvious homage to "The Long Halloween"

You have the right to disagree :oldrazz: :woot:

BatmanTDKR2-100_The_Dark_Knight_Triumphant.jpg

"You fight like a younger man; with nothing held back. Admirable... but mistaken."

It's not related to The Dark Knight Rises, but in the end of Red Hood and The Outlaws #13 Joker is seen looking for his old red hood, muttering Heath Ledger's "And here... We.. Go!".

One of my favourites is TDK's rooftop scene with the trio of Gordon, Dent and Batman. It's just an obvious homage to "The Long Halloween"

Definitely one of my favorite small moments in the trilogy. The tension with Dent and Gordon and Batman standing there, all business like was pure awesomeness. The rotating camera was so much win in that scene too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"