The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Zemo is in it, I hope that it's leading to a Masters of Evil confrontation.

It's just a shame though that the Enchantress and the Executioner aren't in Thor 2, even in small roles. They don't need to be part of the main plot, but it's always nice to see seeds planted so that it shows that characters have been around for a while instead of just popping up when convenient.
I just think back to the old Joss Whedon sound byte from right before The Avengers came out. He was asked if he had any ideas for a sequel, and Whedon said yes, something along the lines of, "smaller and more intimate." To me that always translated to Masters of Evil. Here's to hoping Zemo leads to that!

How would you know? Now that Phase 1 was such a success Marvel is going to go all out with Phase 2. There's no need to be "safe" anymore.
Or they'll stick with what worked in phase 1 and made them money.

Either way, them playing safe isn'twhat exactly what I'm worried about. I'm not calling using Black Widow a "safe" move, just one that is fueled by factors aside from plot purposes.

The way I see it, they will build Sharon and Caps relationships over this film and the third film... There's no need to rush it... If u look what at how they handled Pepper and Tony's relationship, they built it from Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2... They didn't just jump into the romance like we seen on Thor, it was a slow progression which culminated in them finally being a couple in Avengers.

Sharon will be meeting her "idol" in this film, it shouldn't be a straight jump into romance, he is still coming into terms with something things, he still needs to resolve the Peggy situation and maybe that doesn't even happen until the third film.

Falcon will fulfill a similar role to Bucky's in CATFA, and Cap will only probably learn about Winter Soldier being Bucky in the second act, and I don't think they will drag out how Cap comes to terms with that situation (how many problems can be explored in one film).

He will probably just want to do what ever is necessary to bring Bucky back to his senses.

As for as Black Widow goes I definitely think she will serve a purpose. In the comics Cap and Widow always worked well together, and in Avengers we see camaraderie between the two. Not to mention the obvious ties she has with Winter Soldier.

So if Cap is going to go after the Winter Soldier and his employees, why not take the one person that he respects, and has a whole lot more experience with these sort of people?

I think Widow's presence in the film will be totally warranted, and if Hawkeye is in the film, he will be a character that would be a bit more forced in, but will probably be Widow's confidant, and he will have some cool action scenes and much needed face time.

Last edited:
The way I see it, they will build Sharon and Caps relationships over this film and the third film... There's no need to rush it... If u look what at how they handled Peggy and Tony's relationship, they built it from Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2... They didn't just jump into the romance like we seen on Thor, it was a slow progression which culminated in them finally being a couple in Avengers.

Sharon will be meeting her "idol" in this film, it shouldn't be a straight jump into romance, he is still coming into terms with something things, he still needs to resolve the Peggy situation and maybe that doesn't even happen until the third film.

Falcon will fulfill a similar role to Bucky's in CATFA, and Cap will only probably learn about Winter Soldier being Bucky in the second act, and I don't think they will drag out how Cap comes to terms with that situation (how many problems can be explored in one film).

He will probably just want to do what ever is necessary to bring Bucky back to his senses.

As for as Black Widow goes I definitely think she will serve a purpose. In the comics Cap and Widow always worked well together, and in Avengers we see camaraderie between the two. Not to mention the obvious ties she has with Winter Soldier.

So if Cap is going to go after the Winter Soldier and his employees, why not take the one person that he respects, and has a whole lot more experience with these sort of people?

I think Widow's presence in the film will be totally warranted, and if Hawkeye is in the film, he will be a character that would be a bit more forced in, but will probably be Widow's confidant, and he will have some cool action scenes and much needed face time.

Stark was going at it with Cap's old girlfriend while Cap was on ice?

^^ yyyyyeaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

sorry, david caruso moment...

It seems a few shield agents are set to appear in CATWS. I for one like that, i have always thought that when cap isnt with the avengers shield is where he belongs.

I just think back to the old Joss Whedon sound byte from right before The Avengers came out. He was asked if he had any ideas for a sequel, and Whedon said yes, something along the lines of, "smaller and more intimate." To me that always translated to Masters of Evil. Here's to hoping Zemo leads to that!
They already set up using Thanos in the sequel, and all signs (including the GOTG film) point to that still being the plan.

They already set up using Thanos in the sequel, and all signs (including the GOTG film) point to that still being the plan.

Although for a massive threat like Thanos, it would be wise to save him for a 3rd. Perhaps they'll keep teasing his emergence with these films until then. I mean what would you follow him up with in a 3rd move?
On the other hand, Masters of Evil gives us a true Super-villain team for the heroes to face. Each with their own "intimate" reasons for making things "personal".

If he's featured in the GOTG movie, I think it's unlikely they'd wait another three-four years or so to use him front-and-centre.

A team of supervillains also poses its own screentime problems, when you've already got 7-8 heroes plus supporting characters like Fury.

If he's featured in the GOTG movie, I think it's unlikely they'd wait another three-four years or so to use him front-and-centre.

A team of supervillains also poses its own screentime problems, when you've already got 7-8 heroes plus supporting characters like Fury.

Agreed; if anything they should/could start with setting up the masters of evil with Ultron perhaps being the mastermind behind it with the post credit scenes for the solo films in Phase 3 before we get the third Avengers film.

Rumour:New Plot details for Captain America 2, THOR 2, Guardians of the Galaxy ,SHIELD TV SERIES

Captain america 2 the Winter Soldier: - The main antagonist of the movie is a certain Baron (this was only a tease and we are not sure if it is Baron Zemo) - Crossbones will have a rivalry with the Winter soldier. - Captain America will lead a small team that includes Falcon and Black widow. - Black Widow's past will be revealed in flashbacks and will have ties with the winter soldier.Thor 2 The Dark world: - Even though Malekith is the antagonist of the movie, Surtur's presence will be felt. - Roger Wardell alluded that Dr Strange will somehow appear in the thor 2 movie (this tweet has been deleted after couple days of its writing) Guardians of the Galaxy: - The roster that was revealed at Sdcc is not the final roster. - Adam Warlock is in the movie, as well as his alter Ego Magus.»

Is this Roger Wardell the Online Oracle speaking again, or just fanboy wishlisting? If it's just rumor and opinion, it's based on pretty old speculation.

Rumour:New Plot details for Captain America 2, THOR 2, Guardians of the Galaxy ,SHIELD TV SERIES

Captain america 2 the Winter Soldier: - The main antagonist of the movie is a certain Baron (this was only a tease and we are not sure if it is Baron Zemo) - Crossbones will have a rivalry with the Winter soldier. - Captain America will lead a small team that includes Falcon and Black widow. - Black Widow's past will be revealed in flashbacks and will have ties with the winter soldier.Thor 2 The Dark world: - Even though Malekith is the antagonist of the movie, Surtur's presence will be felt. - Roger Wardell alluded that Dr Strange will somehow appear in the thor 2 movie (this tweet has been deleted after couple days of its writing) Guardians of the Galaxy: - The roster that was revealed at Sdcc is not the final roster. - Adam Warlock is in the movie, as well as his alter Ego Magus.»
:wow:

Cool news. I hope it is Baron Zemo. But where are the plot details for the SHIELD tv series it mentions?

Black Widow's past will be revealed in flashbacks and will have ties with the winter soldier
Fantastic, that's the sort of thing I'd like to see. Sounds like its going to be a sizeable role for Scarlett then.

The news comes from that Wardell guy on Twitter. So who knows who that is.

My trust on online sources has forever been damaged since the Marvel TV news fiasco :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"