The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now with Emily Van Camp landing the female lead role, casting is almost complete. But I still want to hear an announcement for Zemo. I don't want Armin Zola as the big bad, and Crossbones is more of the muscle/henchman type.

Agreed.

when your lead hasn't read script i say the date is gonna move lol

I wouldn't say that. The original rumor was that Cap was supposed to shoot in March, and Anthony Mackie said in an interview that they'd start in April; so it's still a month or two away. Since Evans is under contract, and likely has no input on the script whatsoever, the most likely scenario is that they'll give him a script only when they're ready to start shooting.

The writers may be still polishing up the script now. Whedon worked on his even while they were filming The Avengers, so it's not unusual nor is it a sign of impending doom.

Marvel also doesn't like to have scripts in circulation until the last possible moment. Feige and co. hate leaks. Not letting anyone see scripts until absolutely necessary prevents details from slipping out. It works, as Marvel had been pretty good at keeping major spoilers from leaking on most of its films.

The writers may be still polishing up the script now. Whedon worked on his even while they were filming The Avengers, so it's not unusual nor is it a sign of impending doom.

Marvel also doesn't like to have scripts in circulation until the last possible moment. Feige and co. hate leaks. Not letting anyone see scripts until absolutely necessary prevents details from slipping out. It works, as Marvel had been pretty good at keeping major spoilers from leaking on most of its films.
*coughs* Avengers TV spot...

Wait, didn't Mackie say he seen the script from his interview about a month ago :huh:

While the newbies like Mackie, Grillo, and VanCamp will probably need time to get into their character, we don't actually know how big of the roles they really are in the film. Based on the title, the main characters will be Cap and Winter Soldier. Now, I don't think Evans will need much time to prepare in term of acting since I don't see Cap's mindset change too much from last time. For Stan, while his character does go through a big transformation into what probably will be a tragic and conflict 'villain', it also seems to be Stan's cup of tea anyway.

The men seem to have been bulking up already. So unless there are scenes that require the actors to be expert at something, I wouldn't be freaking out about prep time for them just yet.

Wait, didn't Mackie say he seen the script from his interview about a month ago :huh:

While the newbies like Mackie, Grillo, and VanCamp will probably need time to get into their character, we don't actually know how big of the roles they really are in the film. Based on the title, the main characters will be Cap and Winter Soldier. Now, I don't think Evans will need much time to prepare in term of acting since I don't see Cap's mindset change too much from last time. For Stan, while his character does go through a big transformation into what probably will be a tragic and conflict 'villain', it also seems to be Stan's cup of tea anyway.

The men seem to have been bulking up already. So unless there are scenes that require the actors to be expert at something, I wouldn't be freaking out about prep time for them just yet.

We know that Vancamp is playing "the female lead," so her part is very large. At least as large as Atwell's, theoretically. Mackie plays Falcon, the next real Marvel superhero to be added to the MCU. In addition to being Steve's right hand man for decades (they shared equal billing on "Cap's" comic book title for much of the 60s-80s: viz. "Captain America and The Falcon"), he also appears very much to be getting groomed for a slot on the Avengers' roster, just as he was in the comics. So yeah: big role. Crossbones is one of Cap's favorite bad guys, and is likely to have a meaty role in the movie as well.

It was said in an interview last month on CBS that Scarlett Johansson was finishing up Cat on a Hot Tin Roof before filming Captain America 2. Her play ends March 30 so that seems to make April very likely and confirm Mackie.

They'll hit their release date, of that I have no doubt. Personally, I wish they'd move to the first or second week of May and bully Amazing Spider-Man 2. That reboot is limping with general audiences and it would piss Sony off.

I guess less than a year from now, we can expect to hype about a teaser with the Super Bowl :D

By the time production begins to roll on this movie, Revenge should be nearly over, if it isn't already. Of course, VanCamp's scenes may not be scheduled until later. It would be great if she could film some for SHIELD, just to add to the fact that she is part of the organisation and hasn't just suddenly popped up in Cap 2.

I heard somewhere the winter soilider got delayed and wont start filming until June? that true seems lil crazy they would only have 10 months to film and do post production

Did it? I don't remember any conversations between Pepper and Natasha that didn't revolve around Tony.

Maybe a quick one in Pepper's office before Tony came in...

Natasha and Pepper conversed at least once about miscellaneous corporate administrative matters.

*tumbleweed blows by* We really need some news on this movie. :/

ASAP. :cmad:

Mainly cause it's on my "most anticipated" meter and as someone who has read The Winter Soldier arc I just can't wait to see it come to life.

Does Emily Van Camp landing the female lead not count as news? It's not like we'll be seeing set pics any time soon. The only other news I need is who is cast as the behind the scenes viliain and whether or not Jeremy Renner will appear in the movie.

I don't want a cameo like his one in Thor.

Does Emily Van Camp landing the female lead not count as news? It's not like we'll be seeing set pics any time soon. The only other news I need is who is cast as the behind the scenes viliain and whether or not Jeremy Renner will appear in the movie.

It'll count as soon as Marvel officially confirms it.
But yeah, I was scratching my head about people asking for "news" about this movie when the story about Vancamp broke just a few hours before that. :huh:

That's because it was old news by then, and people were already eager for the next piece. ;)

ASAP. :cmad:

Mainly cause it's on my "most anticipated" meter and as someone who has read The Winter Soldier arc I just can't wait to see it come to life.

Same. Ed Brubaker's run is easily my favorite run on Cap, hell it's one of my favorite runs in comics.

Can't wait to see what the Russo's give us. Can't go wrong with the Winter Soldier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"